ruarz

Suggestions for the DayZ standalone - thinking outside of the limitations of an Arma 2 mod.

1)i was thinking if it was posible to travel between two or more maps using ship/car/helicopter/plane so i was thinking on chernorus is military airport (i hope on new chernorus map will be civilian arport) and chernorus is on coast i think is is ocean or sea there shoud be a military port so my idea is to travel on map where is military port/harbor with some military boat this are coud be made as evacuation area so there will be more zobies more loot and some special stuff

2)on coast shoud be some ship wrecks with some low level loot mosty food cloths mabe melee weapon mabe makarow

May I add a suggestion? Suggestion: The ability to use another vehicle to tow another vehicle. If someone puts a marker on the map like "need help, blew a tire" someone can bring another car/truck etc and tow it to somewhere they can repair or just take it completely. If you help someone you can charge em (which helps people that wants to trade like meh).

This also mean you can drag cars from a hot zone eg the gaz from stary and bring it to somewhere safe. Hope fully someone likes this idea since it is also quite useful in the arma 2 wasteland mod

• Like 3

About the vehicle ammo: let them spawn without ammo, ao you have to find it yourself (like belts for huey m240). Also I think there should be a more complicated repair system (you need to install more small parts).

And a word about scrap metal: it can be different, you can find different parts there from doorlocks to sparkplugs. To repair body this can also be used, but only partially. The best for body repairment is aluminium sheets (0,5x0,5m, like windscreen glass).

• Like 1

What about a chair leg, for melee weapons?

Something like that: http://www.p3d.in/Yf0th

(Basically I made it and suggested it to the war z, but now I played DayZ, I seriously prefer DayZ than WZ lolz.)

• Like 1

The game would be awesome if there would be less pvp fps action and more survival.

i already play so many regular fps games, Dayz is so nice in that way you can take it more easy and dont hunt kills. becouse there is no win or loose.

• Like 1

Include the humble OD green poncho.

Wear it to keep dry (and hence warm) when hiking in the rain.

Add a couple of lengths of paracord and a few tents pegs and build a basha to keep the rain off when you find a safe spot to eat your beans.

Any idea why this thread was unpinned?

I think they are trying to drawn attention elsewhere and not toward the SA anymore. My opinion. They also removed the "stand alone confirmed" thread and made another thread called "stand alone discussion" (i think) but now that one was removed as well.

Trying to get the community to talk about something other than the SA. Which sucks, because that's ALL I want to talk about.

Edited by twinturbonet

i can support the majority of these suggestions, and i hope most of these suggestions will become real in the future, after the standalone came out.

please don't forget submachine gun

1.H&K MP5A3

2.H&K UMP45

3.PP-19 bizon

4.Sten mk2

5.FN P90

6.PPSH 41

7.Walther MPL

8.Thompson

9.M3A1

10.MAC10

11.PP-2000

12.SR-2M

13.BT MP9

14.Vz 61

15.SCORPION EVO III

16.MP 40

17.L2A3

18.M4 Spectre

19.AS VAL

20.H&K MP5K PDW

21.Kriss Super vector

I hope this is helpful........

Edited by spoonerk1

I forget who said it before (And I credit you sir or madam) But personally I would also like to see the medical system like in Metal gear solid 3 where there were steps to fixing injuries. Maybe a new bag like item that would be a military First aid kit (It would have everything neccessary for this and you could store medical items in it.

More melee weapons would be a big plus. maybe the ability for passengers to fire weapons from vehicles as well (all depending on the vehicle Like Handguns if you are on the backseat of a dirtbike (Also hoping for 2 seater motorcycles) and larger weapons in the case of being in military vehicles.

Other than that all i want is anything but something like WarZ god that was a total waste of money Im glad steam atleast gave me a refund to my steam wallet for it.

Edited by Cenewulf

1.H&K MP5A3

2.H&K UMP45

3.PP-19 bizon

4.Sten mk2

5.FN P90

6.PPSH 41

7.Walther MPL

8.Thompson

9.M3A1

10.MAC10

11.PP-2000

12.SR-2M

13.BT MP9

14.Vz 61

15.SCORPION EVO III

16.MP 40

17.L2A3

18.M4 Spectre

19.AS VAL

20.H&K MP5K PDW

21.Kriss Super vector

Haha can't believe i completely missed them out, will sort it out soon :)

Edited by ruarz

1.H&K MP5A3

2.H&K UMP45

3.PP-19 bizon

4.Sten mk2

5.FN P90

6.PPSH 41

7.Walther MPL

8.Thompson

9.M3A1

10.MAC10

11.PP-2000

12.SR-2M

13.BT MP9

14.Vz 61

15.SCORPION EVO III

16.MP 40

17.L2A3

18.M4 Spectre

19.AS VAL

20.H&K MP5K PDW

21.Kriss Super vector

Too many experimental and high tech weapons for me. Many of those weapons would be unreliable without proper maintenance.

Kriss Super Vector? seriously?

Not all of those weapons are out of place such as the PPSH-41. Even an AS VAL would be pretty rare. I don't know why all those WW2 weapons would be in Chernarus. Explain to me why they would.

There would probably be more civilian weapons along with 90's Russian technology.

Look at the Weapons in the MISERY mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. They have many weapons that would fit the location. There is a PDF of there ModDb downloads page. Link to page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/downloads

For those of you who don't know, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is set in the Exclusion Zone around Chernobyl NPP. The game features a wide variety of weapons that you would see. Modders have expanded on the vanilla games arsenal.

Personally I want to see a massive variety of shotguns and pistols. I could honestly careless about the f****** P90 and M107. Those weapons are very immersion breaking and are only suited for Warfare games like Arma BattleField and CoD.

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 1

Too many experimental and high tech weapons for me. Many of those weapons would be unreliable without proper maintenance.

Kriss Super Vector? seriously?

Not all of those weapons are out of place such as the PPSH-41. Even an AS VAL would be pretty rare. I don't know why all those WW2 weapons would be in Chernarus. Explain to me why they would.

There would probably be more civilian weapons along with 90's Russian technology.

Look at the Weapons in the MISERY mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. They have many weapons that would fit the location. There is a PDF of there ModDb downloads page. Link to page: http://www.moddb.com...isery/downloads

For those of you who don't know, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is set in the Exclusion Zone around Chernobyl NPP. The game features a wide variety of weapons that you would see. Modders have expanded on the vanilla games arsenal.

Personally I want to see a massive variety of shotguns and pistols. I could honestly careless about the f****** P90 and M107. Those weapons are very immersion breaking and are only suited for Warfare games like Arma BattleField and CoD.

in many things im on your side there should be more CCCP type of weapons but some weapons like PPSH-41 http://world.guns.ru/smg/rus/pca-41-e.html could be as rare AS VAL special military stuff very rare http://world.guns.ru/assault/rus/as-val-e.html

P90 http://world.guns.ru/smg/be/fn-p90-e.html and M107 i dont know if yes or not it depend if Cernorus was part of EU and history of virus if it started in Chernarus and Chernarus was part of EU so maybe military support so maybe western military eqipment

so it mostly depend on virus history and hostory of this country

Don't know if we should be getting too in depth with lore here but if the downed helicopters are American (blackhawks) then you'd expect U.S. zombies and gear around them. Think downed American choppers should be far more rare than downed hinds, mi8s and eastern European gear though.

in many things im on your side there should be more CCCP type of weapons but some weapons like PPSH-41 http://world.guns.ru...s/pca-41-e.html could be as rare AS VAL special military stuff very rare http://world.guns.ru...s/as-val-e.html

P90 http://world.guns.ru...e/fn-p90-e.html and M107 i dont know if yes or not it depend if Cernorus was part of EU and history of virus if it started in Chernarus and Chernarus was part of EU so maybe military support so maybe western military eqipment

so it mostly depend on virus history and hostory of this country

I don't understand what your saying. I need some grammar in order to comprehend.

Are you saying that the PPSH-41 would be rare? Or are you saying the AS-VAL would be rare? I think they both should be rare because it is the apocalypse.

I don't know what you are saying about the high tech weapons. The P90 and the M107 were just random examples from the list. There are other guns that don't fit the mood of the game at all.

Edited by Vindicator

The weapons wishlist section has now been fully updated with a special emphasis in the description that high-end weaponry should be extremely rare. However, while these guns should certainly be an extremely rare sight I don't think they should be fully excluded from the game. Remember people still need something high to aim for to stop DayZ turning into a PvP fest once everyone has the best gear the game has to offer.

• Like 2

I don't understand what your saying. I need some grammar in order to comprehend.

Are you saying that the PPSH-41 would be rare? Or are you saying the AS-VAL would be rare? I think they both should be rare because it is the apocalypse.

I don't know what you are saying about the high tech weapons. The P90 and the M107 were just random examples from the list. There are other guns that don't fit the mood of the game at all.

sorry for my grammar i am from Czech republik and i had always problems with english so i am using google and one more internet translater and some time i am writing somthing wrong

1)weapons like PPSH-41 it is WW II weapon so i think someone can have this in his barn (it should be as very rare) it ir realistic, AS VAL is special forces weapon (in Russia maybe even in Chernarus army) so in some military objects like armory or barracks as rare and some military camp as extremly rare

2)manny things depends on on lore beacaus if virus startet in Chernarus so other countrieas could go help them like Russia or natons from EU or surrounding countries

3)high tech wepons depend on lorewhich year is in game and what type of weapons this counry have in arsenal

4)many times there was complaining about western helicopters i think it should depend on 2) and 3)

i hope now it is better

• Like 1

sorry for my grammar i am from Czech republik and i had always problems with english so i am using google and one more internet translater and some time i am writing somthing wrong

1)weapons like PPSH-41 it is WW II weapon so i think someone can have this in his barn (it should be as very rare) it ir realistic, AS VAL is special forces weapon (in Russia maybe even in Chernarus army) so in some military objects like armory or barracks as rare and some military camp as extremly rare

2)manny things depends on on lore beacaus if virus startet in Chernarus so other countrieas could go help them like Russia or natons from EU or surrounding countries

3)high tech wepons depend on lorewhich year is in game and what type of weapons this counry have in arsenal

4)many times there was complaining about western helicopters i think it should depend on 2) and 3)

i hope now it is better

much better! Thanks!

Why isnt this thread pinned?

It was, and then for some reason it was unpinned, been trying to get it back for a while now :)

On a different note what do you reckon we'll hit first, 500 cans of beans or 75,000 views?

• Like 1

Since they're making new interior for a lot of things... I think it would be cool to put a "broken" aircraft carrier somewhere off the shore. With military loot,heli crashsites (crashed jets?) and off course a lot of zombies. It'd be a cool base if you manage to clear all the zombies, or just a good place to find military loot, just like any other airfield. :P It's only accessible by boat or heli, since swimming would be to far away.

I think chernarus needs a "hard" to reach area, this or something else. To me it serves as an end game goal, something I would want to explore, but can't get to by just walking there.

There are a few missions in ArmA featuring an aircraft carrier, and you can even find one in Take On Helicopters. When you go free fly on the Utes map, there's a carrier in the sea. It's what I got the idea from.

Since they're making new interior for a lot of things... I think it would be cool to put a "broken" aircraft carrier somewhere off the shore. With military loot,heli crashsites (crashed jets?) and off course a lot of zombies. It'd be a cool base if you manage to clear all the zombies, or just a good place to find military loot, just like any other airfield. :P It's only accessible by boat or heli, since swimming would be to far away.

I think chernarus needs a "hard" to reach area, this or something else. To me it serves as an end game goal, something I would want to explore, but can't get to by just walking there.

There are a few missions in ArmA featuring an aircraft carrier, and you can even find one in Take On Helicopters. When you go free fly on the Utes map, there's a carrier in the sea. It's what I got the idea from.

I've always thought of this idea, the boats needs to be used for something. Right now you can only take them around the shore, maybe hiding it behind of Skalisty but that's it. An area that's only accessed with a boat or helicopter will open up the possibilities that a boat might be better using instead of a car. Edited by voddler