Dennis (DayZ)

Time to rid the idlers!

Hello dayz, i've seen that most servers are full pretty much 24/7 and i've seen that there are alot of idlers on servers like EU, and US, i'd like an auto kick function that should remove idlers and afk'ers taking up space on the servers..

How are you defining idling? Is there a system in place that marks people as idling?

For example, AFK going to dinner, AFK gonna watch this movie for 2 hours, afk gotta j**k off. I respect the fact that some people go afk for 2-3 minutes like bathroom brakes, getting a drink etc, altough i cannot accept the fact that people sit afk on servers for hours at a time..

Shouldn't be to hard to implement, and it'd be easier to get into a server when we feel like it...

We're in a game where slow progress can be beneficial. I find it hard to determine how you identify someone who's just staring at a door, covering it for thirty minutes versus someone who's genuinely gone.

Most people idling for longer periods usualy return to the lobby, and those are extremely easy to detect..

• Like 1

I agree with this, good idea. 20 minutes without moving at all. Noone does that unless they are idle. With so few servers we need something like that.

There should be an auto-kick for people staying in the lobby for more than 5 minutes also.

• Like 1

LOL i have your answer Sir as it can be done we over at Citylife2RPG sever have such a thing called ainti camp script aand after 60mins of not moving it kicks you from game and what's even better sir is it also Stop your skils or any thing your acount get I.e money skills iteams hunger the lot. ill look into getting this for you as soon as.

I think the issue isnt with people being afk ingame, but idling in the lobby.

Some people use it to "reserve" their slot on the server when they go afk for longer periods of time.

There is a difference between lobby and ingame, lobby idling should have a timed kick.

Currently, there already is a system against idlers (Or at least for the servers I've played on). If you are in the lobby for fifteen minutes, you are automatically kicked by the server.

This may not be the same for all servers, though.

You know that post is over 18 months old, right?

Yup, sorry Hydronic, this is one seriously outdated topic.  Locked =)