Flawed

Technicals!

I've searched, and there are no post that are specific to Technicals (some are mentioned in other threads).

They already exist in Arma II - how cool would it be to cruise in one of these in Cherno! (Although, the life expectancy of the gun operator would be minimal :)

post-19824-0-98787400-1342745685_thumb.j

• Like 11

This. would. be. amazing. End of conversation.

• Like 1

yep. want to see this. good luck finding ammo!

Force people to have to repair the gun. Reduce speed by a small amount and increase mass. The amount wouldn't change much, just increase the accelleration time, but it would be worse than the offroad truck in terms of speed, but better due to the gun mounted on the back.

But the gun needs to be limited. Force people to repair and reload it. A busted gun leaves the truck little more than an offroad truck with decreased speed.

• Like 1

yep. want to see this. good luck finding ammo!

Yep, thinking ammo would have to be fed like any other weapon. Possibly allowing most vehicles that have a bed to allow mounting larger weapons.

Force people to have to repair the gun. Reduce speed by a small amount and increase mass. The amount wouldn't change much, just increase the accelleration time, but it would be worse than the offroad truck in terms of speed, but better due to the gun mounted on the back.

But the gun needs to be limited. Force people to repair and reload it. A busted gun leaves the truck little more than an offroad truck with decreased speed.

Agreed. The added weight of the gun should impact the vehicle's speed and maneuverability. If they would allow such firepower to be brought into the game, it has to have drawbacks. Also, since the guns are going to be big, so to will be their bang. Should attract enough zombie attention that would force the operators to kill the zombies or to keep on trucking.

That way they would not be the all powerful survivor killer. However, the immersion and added value to the game that these would add would be awesome!

Edited by Flawed

I think that having an armed vehicle would be way too ... unfair? I mean, I get that the game has no balance in mind whatsoever. But it would just be mayhem if you and a friend could drive around in almost complete safety (most players couldn't hit the side of a barn in a real fight, let alone a quickly moving target) shooting and killing absolutely everyone you came across.

No. Pickup trucks without guns, sure. Armed vehicles? No.

As long as they are not Armored vehicicles why not. I don't mind a large noisy target as long as I can shoot at it and do damage with small arms.

I think that having an armed vehicle would be way too ... unfair? I mean, I get that the game has no balance in mind whatsoever. But it would just be mayhem if you and a friend could drive around in almost complete safety (most players couldn't hit the side of a barn in a real fight, let alone a quickly moving target) shooting and killing absolutely everyone you came across.

No. Pickup trucks without guns, sure. Armed vehicles? No.

I think enough mitigating factors have been mentioned in this thread to make it balanced.

One way I'd always thought about "Technicals" is having the actual gun an optional item for vehicle repair, much like how the Windscreen is optional.

It should be found in Military Spawns as "Machine Gun Parts" with Green ammo cans with ".50CAL M2 Can" consisting of 50 rounds which take two slots much like how other Machine Gun ammo takes up in the Inventory and can be attached to vehicles such as the Off Road Truck, an Open top Ural or V3S Truck.

• Like 1

I love this idea, with the vehicles being slower, and less maneuverable, it would make a technical an important defensive asset, as well as the high RPS (round per second) fire of mounted guns, as is now, vehicles are easily susceptible to light arms fire, especially a man standing in the back wide open. This could open up new avenues in battles, ways to defend a retreating vehicle, and even could be used in hill/forest based ambush. The addition wouldn't change too much, just add a new way to kill or be killed, in the post apocalyptic world of awesome we call DayZ.

• Like 1

I love this idea, with the vehicles being slower, and less maneuverable, it would make a technical an important defensive asset, as well as the high RPS (round per second) fire of mounted guns, as is now, vehicles are easily susceptible to light arms fire, especially a man standing in the back wide open. This could open up new avenues in battles, ways to defend a retreating vehicle, and even could be used in hill/forest based ambush. The addition wouldn't change too much, just add a new way to kill or be killed, in the post apocalyptic world of awesome we call DayZ.

Yeah this could really open up some dynamic battles in the larger areas. Would really add to the scope of the game.

I'd like to see some form of self-defense in a vehicle. Dunno about technicals, but I suppose it's a start.

this is a great idea, imagine your buddy driving while ur on the gun just blasting zombies and players while ur driving, or if your a player and you see bandits flying over a hill blasting a 50cal or whatever it be pretty wicked

• Like 1

i dont see a problem with it, those things really munch through ammo so it would be hell to keep maintained and armed. if someone guns you down in that, they probably deserve the kill. not to mention it isnt complete safety, the second they slow down they can be one shot gas tank killed or simply followed untill they get out and shot

i dont see a problem with it, those things really munch through ammo so it would be hell to keep maintained and armed. if someone guns you down in that, they probably deserve the kill. not to mention it isnt complete safety, the second they slow down they can be one shot gas tank killed or simply followed untill they get out and shot

Agreed. I think there are enough limitations mentioned that technicals would not become a dime a dozen, but if you were to see one, engage one, etc - it would be something to remember.