Sign in to follow this  
Austex (DayZ)

New hack? Entire server population + broken bones = rage

I didn't post anything last night as I wanted to see if it was just a coincidence or not.

Last night, our group of 6 was trekking around Chernarus in a random forest, when all of a sudden, we all get broken bones. We were spread out by about 80 meters. We all shout the normal, WTF MATE!? We use our morphine. Not 1 minute later, it happens again. By now, I'm thinking "OMG HAXXXXOR". So, we kill the server and let it sit for about 5 minutes while reviewing the logs.

Initially, we were thinking it was just desync on the hive, and for one reason or another, when the hive caught back up, it broke our bones due to elevation changes, etc. After the second instance, we were leaning more towards a troll hack.

I thought about it for a few minutes and wondered if someone has figured out a way to hack/exploit the bear traps. No blood was ever lost, just random broken bones.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? We have a player name who we believe may have been responsible, but along with CCP's generic support staff response: "Our logs show nothing" (EVE inside joke).

It doesn't matter Battle Fail will take care of it that's what the Devs say anyway so just sit back and watch the bombers turn your server into a flaming hell. Also this is a well known hack thats been out awhile.

Edited by Gaidoon

1. Sounds like a hacker.

2. Sucks that they found a new tool to mess with people. It happens.

3. Most of EVE's Customer support has never actually played the game. They are outsourced, and in many cases their responses are hillarious. "Your Rifter's drone aggro'd him."

Rifters have drones? What?

And last, Battleye is not the best protection I've seen, but there are worse systems.

That's basically the same hack that teleports you in the air, but instead of 50 meters, they ported you 5 meters just to break everyone's legs. You're pretty lucky though, usually they just force kill everyone then crash some helis to keep the server lagged.

Actually there is a script that can break/fix bones of everyone. This script + BattlEye bypass = Hacker

Actually there is a script that can break/fix bones of everyone. This script + BattlEye bypass = Hacker

And my server host no longer lets me edit the blacklisted scripts file...