Worrun (DayZ)

Zombies are seriously too fast.

Try running instead of walking next time?

Ofcourse I am running, I made sure of that by pressing C and running away in 3rd person mode. I'm gunna' Fraps it tomorrow just to prove you all that they are way too fast.

Seriously, the AI is something that I think the dev team has said would be worked on more... And also, I think, rocket has said that they are that fast to keep them threatening.

The main problem that I see is that they stop to try to hit you, you keep moving, they lose ground, you keep moving.

Verily, if you cannot outrun them, you are DNA something wrong. Learn the co trols properly.

Losing them is as easy as finding a building, tree or steep hill.

I'm not blind, but the way.

Yeah man there was no building where I was, also but the way what? I don't understand :o

Are you guys serious? Or are you playing under 30 fps, or have a terrible ISP?

I dunno which version of DayZ you're running OP but i can run in a straight line from chasing zombies and never ever get hit, unless 1.) i run into a tree or any obstacle and stop, or 2.) i try to run up a steep hill and slow to a walk, then i might get whacked once.

But even though zombies can run as fast as you, they still can't technically hit you because when they do the animation you run out of their range. This is actually game breaking because zombies are no longer a threat at all.

Seriously, the AI is something that I think the dev team has said would be worked on more... And also, I think, rocket has said that they are that fast to keep them threatening.

The main problem that I see is that they stop to try to hit you, you keep moving, they lose ground, you keep moving.

Verily, if you cannot outrun them, you are DNA something wrong. Learn the co trols properly.

Losing them is as easy as finding a building, tree or steep hill.

For me it was more like: They stop to hit you > you keep moving > they lose ground > you keep moving > they catch up > you keep moving.

Also, don't expect me to know all the tips and tricks of losing Zombies by manipulating the terrain, I shouldn't really have to know, I'm only 3 dayz new to this game. :(

Well I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere and I looked around this small farm town and found only a few Soda cans. Now I have miles of forest around me, 2 Zombies chasing me and not a Hatchet in the near by radius.

I have no problem sneaking about Zombies I entered my inventory while sneaking and he auto-sprinted and wouldn't stop so it was a total accident, but even though they are not a problem to me I still think it's a problem in general.

Zombies are still pretty easy to lose, even in a forest. Run diagonally up hill, and they can't keep up.

Trade in the zigzagging for headshot kills only

Please, throw this suggestion away into deep space.

Edited by Velocirapetor

Are you guys serious? Or are you playing under 30 fps, or have a terrible ISP?

I dunno which version of DayZ you're running OP but i can run in a straight line from chasing zombies and never ever get hit, unless 1.) i run into a tree or any obstacle and stop, or 2.) i try to run up a steep hill and slow to a walk, then i might get whacked once.

But even though zombies can run as fast as you, they still can't technically hit you because when they do the animation you run out of their range. This is actually game breaking because zombies are no longer a threat at all.

I didn't say they hit me, they've never hit me. It's just a pain in my ass to have one at my ass for miles and miles :(

Zeds are definitely too easy right now. Started playing just over a week ago and have never died to a zombie, not once.. Whenever I start a new character I just run through the streets in elektro/cherno looting everything I need in 5-10 mins. It's way too easy, it was much more fun being a noob when you didn't know better and "had to" sneak around all the time.

Zombies are still pretty easy to lose, even in a forest. Run diagonally up hill, and they can't keep up.

Okay I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Unfortunately I was in a vast open field where I was being chased :D

Zeds are definitely too easy right now. Started playing just over a week ago and have never died to a zombie, not once.. Whenever I start a new character I just run through the streets in elektro/cherno looting everything I need in 5-10 mins. It's way too easy, it was much more fun being a noob when you didn't know better and "had to" sneak around all the time.

I don't have a problem with them either, I've been playing for 3 dayz and my first character had 85 Zombie kills and I eventually starved. This is currently my second character and I haven't even been hit yet. It's just such a pain to have them running so fast, like I said above I'll Fraps it tomorrow so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Even though I run at a mighty fine smooth FPS It might be my computer, IDK it's really old and my new i7 comes on saturday so we'll also see in that aspect.

Trade in the zigzagging for headshot kills only

Personally I would hate that, what if I was using a Hatchet? How would that work? Also, they zigzag really bad and would be extremely hard to get headshots. I suppose in real life you have a feel for your body and your situational awareness is max. but in a game you're controlling him with a mouse and it's alot harder.

Please, throw this suggestion away into deep space.

Most zombie lore states that zombies are killed by severing the brain stem, just saying.

Furthermore I dont recall every zombie to have the juking ability of Barry Sanders

lol, i can't out run zombies but I can run a bit faster than them long enough to find a building. I think they're just fine although I hate the vault motion.

Their speed is not the problem- it's their shitty pathfinding and glitchy movement.

It's near impossible to kill them because they unrealistically switch directions in an instant and when they're up close they've start moving to your left and right at the speed of light.

• Like 1

I didn't say they hit me, they've never hit me. It's just a pain in my ass to have one at my ass for miles and miles :(

ahh you would have loved the older patches, where you couldnt loose them, runnign through a building and forcing them to slow down would just slow them down, youd look over your shoulder nothing there think your safe and then the little dot would loom over the horizon as he started catching back up

if i rember right we lost spawn pistols before the loosing Z's actually worked so that made for some hilarious respawns, sprint to barn with zombie in tow frantically look for weapon, leave sprint to next spot(with extra zombies) and hope there was one there ..rinse repeat until you found one or just let them eat you ... unless you Alt+f4 like boss .. i mean bitch

I don't have a problem with them either, I've been playing for 3 dayz and my first character had 85 Zombie kills and I eventually starved. This is currently my second character and I haven't even been hit yet. It's just such a pain to have them running so fast, like I said above I'll Fraps it tomorrow so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Even though I run at a mighty fine smooth FPS It might be my computer, IDK it's really old and my new i7 comes on saturday so we'll also see in that aspect.

Yeah well.. They do run faster than us, but I don't see that as a problem. If you aggro them on your way out of a town and have nowhere to lose them, you'd have to shoot them. But shooting is always dangerous since other players will pinpoint your location. I think their runspeed adds a nice layer of difficulty.

Also the zigzagging will be fixed in the future sometime, it's caused by pathing issues.

Most zombie lore states that zombies are killed by severing the brain stem, just saying.

Furthermore I dont recall every zombie to have the juking ability of Barry Sanders

The what ability of who? The hell is Juking

ahh you would have loved the older patches, where you couldnt loose them, runnign through a building and forcing them to slow down would just slow them down, youd look over your shoulder nothing there think your safe and then the little dot would loom over the horizon as he started catching back up

if i rember right we lost spawn pistols before the loosing Z's actually worked so that made for some hilarious respawns, sprint to barn with zombie in tow frantically look for weapon, leave sprint to next spot(with extra zombies) and hope there was one there ..rinse repeat until you found one or just let them eat you ... unless you Alt+f4 like boss .. i mean bitch

Lmfao, you leave him at Cherno, get in a helicopter and all of a sudden he is in the back seat :D haha

Yeah well.. They do run faster than us, but I don't see that as a problem. If you aggro them on your way out of a town and have nowhere to lose them, you'd have to shoot them. But shooting is always dangerous since other players will pinpoint your location. I think their runspeed adds a nice layer of difficulty.

that used to be the thing with the old heat seeking Z's, knwoing if you aggor'ed youd HAVE to shoot, and knowing each shot means people are comming, now you just run through a building/barn on the edge of town and have no or very little risk of attrackting attention

Also the zigzagging will be fixed in the future sometime, it's caused by pathing issues.

Don't think that everyone has a gun, at the time I didn't and there was no weapons in the area :(

The what ability of who? The hell is Juking

I realize you dont watch NFL in the UK so its cool, but google it