Sign in to follow this  
WarraW

Don't Stream snipe!

How about instead of stream snipping...you stream helping? Don't shoot at the guy, go and give him a blood transfusion that way instead of being a little B**** you're being a hero for all the viewers to see! Just and idea :P

• Like 5

How do you know it was a stream snipe? Just because you get killed while streaming doesn't mean someone stream sniped you...

How do you know it was a stream snipe? Just because you get killed while streaming doesn't mean someone stream sniped you...

This ^

i think he meant dont stream your self snipe and killing people make a stream of you helping people

Oh no I wasn't the one killed, but you can't deny people do stream snipe.

ahh Hyperion that might have been it, :P just hard to read it that way.

When I play poker, I like to lay my hand face up on the table and then get upset at people when they call my bluffs.

• Like 6

the definition of stream sniping, is ( someone who watches a livestream, finds the server the LIVESTREAMER is playing on, find him, and then shoot him up) thats what stream sniping is, the stuff you wrote was confusing

Holy shit this is the dumbest thing.

• Like 1

Let me get this straightened out then. Instead of watching a stream and using it as unfair advantage to kill a player why not use to to help that streamer?

But you just made a thread telling people not to do it.

But you just made a thread telling people not to do it.

Oh idk maybe because on every stream I watch they get stream sniped. That wouldn't make me post something to help out the streamers because I'm not a goodhearted gamer. (sarcasm)

Let me get this straightened out then. Instead of watching a stream and using it as unfair advantage to kill a player why not use to to help that streamer?

but you cant point fingers and say that it was a viewer, it could have been just a regular player on the server who shot the streamer, just because he dies doesnt mean he got stream sniped

Yeah! He goes over to them and helps them by giving them blood until they stab him in the back in the middle of his stream! Stop whining.

but you cant point fingers and say that it was a viewer, it could have been just a regular player on the server who shot the streamer, just because he dies doesnt mean he got stream sniped

My god your argument is void because stream sniping is real, it happens. And yes sometimes your killed while streaming by a guy who isn't watching your stream. I'm telling they guys who "DO" stream snipe to stop (which they won't) and instead give the idea of helping a streamer out (like a survivor would and a bandit wouldn't).

Yeah! He goes over to them and helps them by giving them blood until they stab him in the back in the middle of his stream! Stop whining.

Welcome to the internet!

Uhhh, isn't that contradicting your first post?

You need to elaborate on that. I was referring to "stop whining" on the internet such a Facebook, twitter, oh and every gamer forums known to man. People whine on the internet and you saying to stop will do diddily.

I think stream sniping is noble if the streamer is on top of the highest structure in Cherno, sniping fresh spawns while making the title of his stream "Sniping in Cherno - I challenge you to find me".

Not that that ever happened.

You need to elaborate on that. I was referring to "stop whining" on the internet such a Facebook, twitter, oh and every gamer forums known to man. People whine on the internet and you saying to stop will do diddily.

You could of said that.

Maybe bold or underline it.

First off Rocket has explicitly said that metagaming such as streamsniping is perfectly valid gameplay.

Second, if you stream your game session live then you are accepting the inherent risk that people will watch it and use that to find you. This is axiomatic, and should come as no surprise to anyone.

Thirdly, don't come onto the forums whining about a death and expect anything other than derision.

I think stream sniping is noble if the streamer is on top of the highest structure in Cherno, sniping fresh spawns while making the title of his stream "Sniping in Cherno - I challenge you to find me".

Not that that ever happened.

Oh yeah if the streamer is a D-bag (because I don't have a heart for any of them) or challenges a server to stream snipe him (that would get some action going) then hey fair game!

First off Rocket has explicitly said that metagaming such as streamsniping is perfectly valid gameplay.

Second, if you stream your game session live then you are accepting the inherent risk that people will watch it and use that to find you. This is axiomatic, and should come as no surprise to anyone.

Thirdly, don't come onto the forums whining about a death and expect anything other than derision.

You obviously only read the first post and not the rest of the thread otherwise you would see that we see the same things.

When I play poker, I like to lay my hand face up on the table and then get upset at people when they call my bluffs.

I like were you took that lol! But it would only fit if people didn't know for a time who owned that hand, where the hand was, and yeah is people found it would exploit it 100% in that scenario! :)

If you stream DayZ, and your stream is somewhat popular, expect to get stream sniped. Meta gaming is allowed, stream sniping is part of that. If I can invade your TS/Vent/whatever, find out your location and all that jazz, why can't I stream snipe? If all that other stuff is allowed, why not stream sniping?

I'm not saying I do any of this, but as far as whether it's allowed or not, I'm fairly certain that it's perfectly acceptable behavior, at least for DayZ. It may be a bigger deal on other games, but considering Rocket himself has said meta gaming is allowed, until I hear something from a dev saying "Stream sniping is bad blahblah" I wouldn't get all upset about it, or try to stop others from doing it.

• Like 1