Rising (DayZ)

Third person vs First person view

This is a realistic simulation. Graphics are great, world and environment is great and ever improving... please please remove 3rd person cam entirely so that we can be truly immersed into the world in first person perspective. I'm tired of peeking around corners like a GTA game, or rotating my head 320 degrees when im running in a straight line to scan my surroundings. I never get jumped by zombies..... ever.

• Like 12

Join a server that has it disabled/thread

• Like 17

Two pieces of advice:

• Don't play on servers w/ 3rd person enabled.

• Search the forums before starting a thread.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 10

Play on first person servers or just use first person yourself. It's not like the game forces you to use third person.

• Like 8

Well as long as all servers are on SAME HIVE they should HAVE SAME RULESET.

• Like 7

No. Sorry but in real life my vision isn't restricted to a small box in front of my eyes, so no, first person in this game isn't very realistic imo.

I agree there are problems with exploiting of 3DP, but I enjoy the game more in 3DP and I don't want to get a headache whenever I play, because I'm restricted to viewing a little square box that bounces up and down all the time.

• Like 8

Two pieces of advice:

• Don't play on servers w/ 3rd person enabled.

• Search the forums before starting a thread.

• Like 2

I like having a choice. Join a server that doesn't allow it. I like 3rd person when running the distance because I will get dizzy in 1st person.

• Like 2

Do you have head bob turned off? I dont get dizzy playing 1st person unless im indoors and i look around too much, too quickly.

I'm shocked that so many people either prefer 3rd person or have gotten used to it. It's not how a milsim should be played and is one of the reasons i either avoid games like Resident Evil or dont take them seriously at all.

Do you have head bob turned off? I dont get dizzy playing 1st person unless im indoors and i look around too much, too quickly.

I'm shocked that so many people either prefer 3rd person or have gotten used to it. It's not how a milsim should be played and is one of the reasons i either avoid games like Resident Evil or dont take them seriously at all.

BIS made a statement somewhere about how they put in 3rd person because it allowed for situational awareness. Your vision isn't restricted to what you see in front of you in real life, and the only way BIS could give you the same situational awareness that 3rd person gives you.

I prefer to know what's going on around me, so I use 3rd person. Others may prefer 1st person, and that's their choice. Don't take mine away from me.

• Like 15

I use both; I switch back and forth between 3rd person and 1st person servers when I get tired of one. It's a pretty simple process; just join a Veteran server with 3rd person disabled. Nobody can switch out of 1st then.

I really like the 3rd person view. I don't like having seizures from the head bobbing.

The head bobbing can be decreased to a minimum, but what irritates me the most is the feeling of a watching out of a small box because the fov is just awful.. I guess if I had the moneyz I would buy myself 6 or so monitors and one of those head motion tracking thingies :D

• Like 4

According to ARMA2 developers (Bohemia) 3DP is MORE realistic then first person view. Check your facts

• Like 3

BIS made a statement somewhere about how they put in 3rd person because it allowed for situational awareness. Your vision isn't restricted to what you see in front of you in real life, and the only way BIS could give you the same situational awareness that 3rd person gives you.

I prefer to know what's going on around me, so I use 3rd person. Others may prefer 1st person, and that's their choice. Don't take mine away from me.

Exactly. 3DP is more realistic.

• Like 1

The head bobbing can be decreased to a minimum, but what irritates me the most is the feeling of a watching out of a small box because the fov is just awful.. I guess if I had the moneyz I would buy myself 6 or so monitors and one of those head motion tracking thingies :D

You can build a "head motion tracking thingie" out of 3 LED for the price of 1 dollar

I got myself 3 monitors, it crashes when you want to use more than 1 D:

No but really, requesting this makes me want to shoot you, since it 's an option in a lot of servers. and "Not what a milsim should be bladiebla", ugh, you sicken me.

ITT: People with weak eyesight. Those of you that "dizzy", you dont play any competitive FPS? The only time I would use 3rd person is a melee based action rpg.

ITT: People with weak eyesight. Those of you that "dizzy", you dont play any competitive FPS? The only time I would use 3rd person is a melee based action rpg.

Hardcore elitist keep coming!

Good, then go to your 1st person only server and stay there. Nothing is stopping you. You don't have to interact with people who have 3rd person, and you don't have to complain.

The only reason you would want to remove 3rd person view is because you enjoy making the game less fun for other people.

• Like 2