Sign in to follow this  
okano666@hotmail.co.uk

what is it with you people

You come on the forums to complain.

Your forum account is less than 2days old, you haven't had anything constructive to post yet you come on the forum to complain about Admin's either kicking you or banning you.

Did you ever stop to think that they are paying to host that server sometimes around £50 a month?

They are paying to allow you to play there FOR FREE.

Im not saying that gives them some special right to kick and ban everyone who joins the server or even lock the server. It sure doesn't.

Admin' s should be responsible id say allot of them are, some of them are not.

I just hate to see Joe Bloggs come on the forums with his recently created forum account and complain about some server.

If you were Kicked or Banned. Probably 95% of the time it was probably for a good reason. It wasn't some predjudice against your race, skin colour, language or country your from or a personal attack on you. Though allot of people then try and start a personal attack against that server and or admins.

The other % of the time is probably you were thought to be a hacker, script kiddie or something else that was up to no good. Sometimes its hard to see from the logs who is hacking and who isn't i guess.

I have been kicked and banned from other servers just randomly. I didn't come on these forums and spit my dummy out, even in the days when there was less than 50 servers in the world. Now there are hundreds if not thousands of servers.

Just carry on and deal with it - YOU havent lost anything.

And no im not a server admin, run a server or anything like that it just irritates me to see people who haven't contributed anything to this mod make a forum account just to complain about people / servers who help provide for this mod.

Have a nice dayz

• Like 11

First! Check out of topics and signature for videos (hopefully) helping DayZ players. SECOND! I love this post Okano has brought up. THIRD! I support what he said. FOURTH! Go kill more zombies....and Justin beibererer....pretty sure he's a zombie.

What's the relevance of how many posts they have? Just because they spend their time playing the game instead of posting on the forums doesn't magically make their complaint or appeal invalid. They contribute by playing the game, making the experience exist for everyone they come into contact with, and help show a game like this can be a success.

The fact that people pay to host servers with content they didn't make doesn't give them the power to ban users illegitimately. This is a hybrid game that has to be policed this way as abusive admins could just have a private server where they ban everyone to hoard gear without danger that is then used on public servers.

And 95% of statistics are made up. How would you know if 95% were legitimate if the admins don't come and post proof? That's the reason for an appeal forum, so people can call out potential abuses.

You are free not to use this appeal section when you are illegitimately banned. You are also free not to read this section. So move along.

• Like 1

Your forum account is less than 2days old, you haven't had anything constructive to post yet you come on the forum to complain about Admin's either kicking you or banning you.

Did you ever stop to think that they are paying to host that server sometimes around £50 a month?

They are paying to allow you to play there FOR FREE.

Stopped reading right there. I don't give two shits how much they pay for the server. That does not give anybody, ESPECIALLY THE ADMIN, the right to abuse power and break the rules. I also don't give a flying fuck how old someones account is or how many posts they have. Most players don't visit the forums until there is a problem because they are busy enjoying the game right up until someone such as an admin abusing power ruins their fun.

So I guess my question is...

What the hell is wrong with you?

• Like 2

Stopped reading right there. I don't give two shits how much they pay for the server. That does not give anybody, ESPECIALLY THE ADMIN, the right to abuse power and break the rules. I also don't give a flying fuck how old someones account is or how many posts they have. Most players don't visit the forums until there is a problem because they are busy enjoying the game right up until someone such as an admin abusing power A Cheating player ruins their fun.

So I guess my question is...

What the hell is wrong with you?

Fixed it for you

• Like 2

Fixed it for you

Well yes...cheaters too...but people hardly come into this part of the forum to complain of cheaters and hackers.

The admins pay for it thus it is their property and they can do anything they want with it that's like saying i own a house and have a party but because i kicked out like 3 people from the party for no reason i should get arrested and my house sold if they want to hack and break the rules they have every right to do so and face the consequences.

• Like 2

The admins pay for it thus it is their property and they can do anything they want with it that's like saying i own a house and have a party but because i kicked out like 3 people from the party for no reason i should get arrested and my house sold if they want to hack and break the rules they have every right to do so and face the consequences.

Wrong. They pay for the right to host a server using another persons property as DayZ belongs to Rocket and ArmA belongs to Bohemia Interactive. They are also paying to use another persons physical property to host the said game on the server. Therefor in no way is the person paying using any property of their own but renting in every way possible. That means you follow the rules of the person or persons you are renting from. In this case Rocket has put forth some very specific rules for the "paying host" to follow. Some of those server companies being paid to host DayZ also have rules to follow.

Thank you! Thank you! No applause needed...just throw money!

• Like 2

You're right there are specific rules to follow. Problem is they empower the hackers/cheaters and take away from the server admins. If you like playing on servers where you get tp'ed 400m in the air or someone magicly shows up behind you and one shots you with a ax, keep with the same thought process.

I want to play were I do not have to worry as much about these issues.

Stopped reading there, what the fuck do you think you're doing right now? Complaining. Carry on.

Stopped reading there, what the fuck do you think you're doing right now? Complaining. Carry on.

Any contribution/comments from you should be ignored.

@ okano: ALL MY BEANS, THEY ARE YOURS!!

Good and important thread.. every second thing i am reading is like: "omgomgomg the admin spawnt helicopters!!!"

As it is now admins are treated like shit by both players and the rule system. As you see in the posts before... well just keep it on. Some people just think they can do what they want without facing consequences. I don't say there isn't any admin abuse. In fact there may be alot. But all the exploiters/hackers and so on are making up the absolutely biggest part. All the people consequently being banned/kicked from servers.. maybe you should be asking yourself why before accusing the admins. But ATLEAST read the sticky about the admins powers. Thx.

• Like 1

just out of curiosity, besides Battle Eye as a cheat prevention system, what rules are enforced by B.I.S. in regards to how a server is expected to be ran? anyone?

I'm wondering why you are in the ban appeal section whining about people whining. Are you appealing a ban, or just your need to nag?

I'm wondering why you are in the ban appeal section whining about people whining. Are you appealing a ban, or just your need to nag?

Im wondering why you are in here wondering... Are you opposed to whining? Appealing? Wondering? Hmmm....

Admin' s should be responsible id say allot of them are, some of them are not.

If you were Kicked or Banned. Probably 95% of the time it was probably for a good reason.

I have been kicked and banned from other servers just randomly.

Should we all swing random numbers out our ass that are probably right, but may be complete nonsense?

Should we all swing random numbers out our ass that are probably right, but may be complete nonsense?

70% of statistics are made up on the spot.

The guy has a point though, alot of the players complaining are just flash in the pan players, they move from one game to the next and don't really care about any mess they might leave behind.

They have a right to complain though, so what can server hosters do? not alot!