Sign in to follow this  
Denkkraft

Getting the Basic Gear is too easy

it doesnt take much longer than 30-60min to get the basic stuff like matches/knive/hatchet food/water and a basic weapon, when i first started the game it was a real challenge to just get a hatchet, i enjoyed that difficulty!

id like to see knive/matches/hatchet spawnrate reduction aswell as some adjustments to the gun spawns. maybe as some other people have suggested, starting without a backpack.

• Like 1

its basicly just because you got more experienced and know where to look, and how to. i dont think the difficulty have changed, i remember when i started aswell. it seemed harder, but now you learn the game...

• Like 2

I died 4 times the first night I played and that was when you got a makarov to start off. Now you get nothing and zombies are more difficult to avoid. I now have a character on Day 12 with an m16/m203 an m1911 and an alice pack.

I got better at the game and therefore the game got easier to me, but it is still harder than it was.

One thing that's interesting to note though is the average life expectancy has risen to 46 minutes. It was 31 when I first started playing this game. However I'd say that's due to there being more experienced players currently tipping the scale forward.

While it is true that hatchets and crowbars spawn pretty frequently and in large numbers it's still very difficult to find anything better than a winchester. It kind of has to be this way too. Running around without a way to defend yourself for longer than an hour can get tiresome and make the game dull. Also take into account the threat of already armed players. It would be more rewarding when you found something, but it would not make the game more fun.

If you want an added challenge, don't gear up on the coast. Head straight to the military sights and take your chances.

In about 50 minutes I already have almost a M4A3 CCO or M24 with Coyote Backpack and all tools except GPS, with M9 Silenced. It's not being a challenge anymore to find guns, they are really easy to find, bringing a topic here, it should reduce the amount of military weapons, and increase civilian weapons, at least in a city you expect to find more Civilian Guns than Military (M4 with Holographic and Grenade Launcher, AS50, M107, seriously... why the f*ck you even need it? there is no tank/chopper in the game only a very weak helicopter that with shoots of Winchester/Remington 870 would go down)

Edited by MinxinG

In about 50 minutes I already have almost a M4A3 CCO or M24 with Coyote Backpack and all tools except GPS, with M9 Silenced. It's not being a challenge anymore to find guns, they are really easy to find, bringing a topic here, it should reduce the amount of military weapons, and increase civilian weapons, at least in a city you expect to find more Civilian Guns than Military (M4 with Holographic and Grenade Launcher, AS50, M107, seriously... why the f*ck you even need it? there is no tank/chopper in the game only a very weak helicopter that with shoots of Winchester/Remington 870 would go down)

did you stumble upon a tent? I am on my 4th hour and yet to see a single military class weapon >.>

Im all for starting without a backpack. Make hatchets spawn less. But honestly knifes should spawn like crazy in houses.

LOL,I agree and when I start anew I drop my backpack right away.Sometimes I empty all my possessions down to a bandage,pain killers and a makarov in the woods and then run away from it.Sadly I am kitted out again way soon enough when one of those wonderful SUPERmarkets appears in the distance.In regards to getting kitted out in under an hour,gaming the game is the name of the game now.Maybe its best to just go with the Dayz flow and get into NWAF camping?

Getting all the gear is too easy. I can spawn at Kamenka and hit all the deerstands right there or go a few minutes west and hit Balota and get an M4A1 or AKM with a Coyote Backpack in under 5 minutes.

NW Airfield isn't even that far either. Takes about 15-20 minutes to walk there.

Honestly starting without a backpack wouldn't be a big deal. I find an alice pack or czech pack before my coyote is even full. And yeah, the basic gear is easy to get. But hey, the fun is in the military loot.

Getting all the gear is too easy. I can spawn at Kamenka and hit all the deerstands right there or go a few minutes west and hit Balota and get an M4A1 or AKM with a Coyote Backpack in under 5 minutes.

NW Airfield isn't even that far either. Takes about 15-20 minutes to walk there.

lol, when I go there it's always been looted already.

its basicly just because you got more experienced and know where to look, and how to. i dont think the difficulty have changed, i remember when i started aswell. it seemed harder, but now you learn the game...

This 100%.

When I first started, EVERY single zombie I saw, I hit prone and crawled around. Now i know how to somewhat gauge their aggro (even if it is a bit twitchy) , and how to escape them. I thought when I started playing this game if I didn't find an axe within 5 minutes, I may as well restart... lol not anymore.

it doesnt take much longer than 30-60min to get the basic stuff like matches/knive/hatchet food/water and a basic weapon, when i first started the game it was a real challenge to just get a hatchet, i enjoyed that difficulty!

id like to see knive/matches/hatchet spawnrate reduction aswell as some adjustments to the gun spawns. maybe as some other people have suggested, starting without a backpack.

I started playing just last Saturday and ONLY last night is when I was able to get some gear and that's after finding someone to group up with outside the game and him providing me with most of the stuff like weapons and food. That's playing at least 2-3 hours a night since then and before last night it's nothing but dying and only finding tin cans and a few soda pops and can of beans.

Starting without a backpack would make the Czech Vest Pouch whatever thing make more sense in the game. It has 6 slots, and you start with an 8 slot backpack... so it's meaningless as far as loot goes.

Remove the backpack and justify the Czech Vest Pounch (or whateverthefuck it was called).