Sign in to follow this  
rockstar (DayZ)

I will continue to purchase from HFBSERVERS

Thats right you heard it I will continue to purchase from them. You want to know why because i do not have an issue following rules or simply restarting my server. Let me explain a little bit about all this.

There is currently a hate thread for hfb that covers many things like customer service, tos, performance and more. I want to explain my experience with hfb and explain a little bit about them.

First customer service, i will not lie and say its great, that is something that they need to work on and im sure they have been, i see 2 people mainly responding to tickets john and jack and they usually respond within 24 hours which in my opinion is too long but you at least get a response. So hfb if you are reading this you need more support my friends.

Next terms of service, i personally only took a quick glance through this but its something that i never have to quote or use because i FUCKING FOLLOW THE RULES, i dont password i dont lock i dont turn off my fucking anti cheat, i follow the rules. Yes some sort of refund policy is a good idea maybe like a 24 hour no questions asked or something, since they are a new company im sure they can do that, we just have to wait and see.

Next performance, many of you in that hate thread made statements like "5 servers crammed in" or what ever something fucking like that. and you know what 5-10 servers on the hardware they are using for these servers is JUST FINE i rented a dedicated server from them, the same spec that they use to host there dayz servers, its a DUAL cpu xeon machine with 16gb's of ram a 1tb Enterprise drive and a 1 gbps fucking connection, this things can hold 10 fucking servers, trust me i tried, before the servers start to lag because of hard ware over load. i can tell you from simply checking ports they run at max 6 servers per machine which might sound like a lot but its NOT.

If your server is laggy restart the damn thing, i see people bitching on the forums about oh server laggy blah blah, then hfb tweets out there weekly restart of all servers a day or so later i join that server and its smooth as silk, You should restart your servers at LEAST 1 time a fucking day dont run the god damn thing for days and days without a restart its going to run like dog shit its dayz.

Next is the statements of oh this company is run by children well... do you know how old lee the owner of vilayer is? well according to his profile hes 23. You know how old jonnerz the owner of host altitude is? well according to his profile hes 19. Now you know how old hungoverfurball is the owner of hfb is? well according to his profile hes 18, this industry is run by young people not old 40 year old folks. like you guys have been making it out to seem. I do not fucking care how old the owner is of any company as long as they work. and for me they do. vilayer is an LTD hfb is an LLC and from what i can tell host altitude is also an LLC and you know what that means? its means they are not just companies in it to make a quick buck it means they are in it for the long haul. Every company starts out a little rocky, hfb is no exception they have only been around for a few months.

Now i also want to make a statement to all those who have NOT bought a server from them. Notice how hfb currently has 488 servers online that's roughly 470ish customers id say, and notice the maybe 50 people at MAX who have been vocal about anything on these forums? thats right its the minority that is the loudest not the majority who are just fine and dandy with there servers.

I also want to point out one important thing, dayz is still an ALPHA many of you who come from xbox and minecraft and what not do not get that. The game is gonna have issues its the nature of a FUCKING ALPHA. This game relies heavily on a connection to the HIVE something that hfb vilayer or host altitude do NOT control. If there is any hiccup in that connection your server de-syncs, which is going to happen when you have 1000+ servers connected to a single fucking database, and you have russions ddosing the thing left and right. Its not perfect nor will it be for awhile. To all those "i stuck at this or that" take the time to join other servers and look into the current issues that are going on. It takes a couple mins and most of the time your issue is solved. Plain and simple.

For those who are bitching about the control panel changes, i dont even want to confront you but i will. host altitude has had the same things in place since day ONE as he said himself, vilayer adopted the new changes about 2 weeks ago which when they did so there were a ton of bitching and complaining just like now for hfb, lee or maybe capecod cant remember even made a long post explaining all the issues they had with load and what not and how they needed to make the changes. hfb makes the changes just now and bam all over again, same thing that happened to vilayer. Its the nature cycle of things. people can not accept the fact that dayz is starting to batten down the hatches and when hosts are forced to make the changes you flame the hosts not the dev team. you want to password your server? talk to the dev team, you want to lock it? talk to the dev team. dont flame a fucking hosting company who simply shuts your server down, not disables just shuts down, about something they have to follow.

something dealing with price. now this is a funny one. many of you who have complained have stated paypal disputes and other shit. I hope you realize something. paypal does not cover the BUYER on things like game servers as they are considered a VIRTUAL GOOD. So hfb will almost always win the dispute if they simple call paypal. Even if you call your bank or credit card company they will still win even if you get the money back paypal still gives hfb the money because they were in the right, and something actually very funny to you dumb fucks calling your credit card company and claiming un authorized and what not. that all gets reported, and things like that cause you to have bad credit. So tell me is it really worth a $35 for bad credit? and staying with that $35 hfb has for the longest time always had the lowest price ANYWHERE for dayz servers. Many of you think you are going to get instant support, 1-2 node machines, and 30 day return policies. that is not that have you heard of the classic "you get what you pay for" term? no you probably have not. If you want instant support, empty machines, crazy long return policies. Go pay more for it plain and simple.

For those who say they are just in it for a quick buck tell me this, why would they tweet out the following

"Stock has been set to 0 for dayz servers. We will be making changes during this time for the better. Improvements all around in bound"

And

"everything besides dayz will remain in stock as those are not effected. Thanks for understanding guys"

Seems to me that they are going to be doing some improvements of there management/operations. It would not surprise me if you see a refund policy pop up and hey maybe hungoverfurball will make a forum post, but i do not know. because every time he makes any post all of you childish fucking people flame him, he could say were giving everybody free dedicateds and there would still be some dumb fuck who does not read the post and just says "hfb sucks blah blah blah" One issue i do now have is because of you dumb fucks bitching and causing them to most likely hire more staff will mean a price increase. Which is going to be all your fault not theres. You have more expenses you have higher prices plain and simple.

So all in all. I say i love my hfb hosted servers. keep up the great work, yes you need to improve in some areas which it seems you are.

And to those who are going to flame this thread, take the time you were going to take to flame me and hfb to go out side get some fresh air, or hell maybe just join another server.

• Like 1

Grats

You like taking it up the ass and paying for it.

["Herp derp. I'm actually Adron and was dumb enough to circumvent my week ban for a chance at petty revenge at the mod who banned me! I sure showed him with my hi-larious name! Of course, now both accounts are perma-banned and if I continue making alts, I'll get IP banned too. What do." - Ubi]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy

Grats

You like taking it up the ass and paying for it.

What a charming name you got there. Excuse me while I do a little investigative work.

Actually the LLC has nothing to do with "Hey they want to do this awhile". You could set one up in a day.

It does allow them to remove any personal liability or attachment of assets while running the business, while maintaining the tax benefit of a pass through income and not being taxed at a corporate rate, S-Corp would do much the same.

We use the same for our rental properties in case a tenant decides to BBQ in the bathroom, burn himself and sue us because we didn't have proper signage warning of that potential :)

It means nothing about their long or short term intentions of running the business....

I use HFB and everything is fine.

Actually the LLC has nothing to do with "Hey they want to do this awhile". You could set one up in a day.

It does allow them to remove any personal liability or attachment of assets while running the business, while maintaining the tax benefit of a pass through income and not being taxed at a corporate rate, S-Corp would do much the same.

We use the same for our rental properties in case a tenant decides to BBQ in the bathroom, burn himself and sue us because we didn't have proper signage warning of that potential :)

It means nothing about their long or short term intentions of running the business....

Well in ohio which is where hfbservers llc is registered according to the quick little search i did. There processing time for an llc is about 2-3weeks. Why would they take the time to setup an llc and pay the fees to do so if they can just use paypal's non protection of buyers for virtual goods? i mean if i were to setup something to make a quick buck i would not take the time to do all that when paypal makes it easy to protect your self.

I know some states have standard processing times of just a couple days and have next to no fees, which if they were registered in i would be a bit more worried.

Also i noticed in your signature you have the line "Admin tools locked out" which is not the case you still have access to everything you could need with there new control panel. Admittedly i do not use my slot server as much as i use the servers on my dedicated server with them i have not found any issue with there new control panel.

Its done to remove personal liability. The debts incurred or liablities from a lawsuit from the company are then the compay's responsibility alone. Prevents creditors or other parties from attaching your wages or assets for failing, debt or liabilities owed by the company (LLC, INC, S-CORP or whatever you are).

If you have a car, no bank account and live in a Craigslist room its not much of an issue running a company as a sole proprieter, however if you have a house, savings or other assets, its $100 well spent to set one up. Though in California there's a min tax associated with LLC's that make S-Corps more attractive for companies earming less than $100K (don't quote me, figure might be off and we folded that one a few years ago).

Now that liability protection is only good if you run it within the rules of a company (board meeting and minutes filed if required, no mixing of assets or funds, etc). If not, a good lawyer can pierce that veil and go after personal assets as well.

Any OH company expedited options?

You can pay Ohio a $100 fee to have your articles of organization processed in 1-2 days. You have to send expedited filings to a different PO Box than regular filings

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.....

Edited by jskibo

Also something i wanted to post real quick. Forgot to add it to the main post. To all those who have made statements like "hfb should shutdown" just think that statement over real quick. Hfb currently has over 400 servers 99% of which are in the US. Imagine if all of those 400 servers just disappeared one day Gone out of the blue. Dayz US players would be flooding the rest of the servers that are up which would not be enough to cover the load of 400 servers. Now you might say well they can just rent from other companies, That might be the case but imagine if host altitude and vilayer were hit with 400+ orders from people who just want there servers back. they would most likely not be able to handle that load. I know vilayer is very much EU based so they would most likely be able to handle that load in EU but not the US and host altitude he could handle a decent amount of load also But not to the amount of 400+ servers.

Most people would also then be stuck with starting off with a fresh server because all those mission id's and location id's that is assigned to hfb are lost. Alot of people would simply just give up on dayz and move on, which would suck, it really would.

I have always wondered how it would be if hfb, vilayer, or host altitude simply shut down all servers on lets say a weekend around mid day. I could only imagine the response to that god for all 3 went down.

All this is just my thoughts on the matter since most of the happy customers are not speaking up since they do not have to only the ones with issues. I would go as far as to say for every one person who bitches on here there is five maybe more happy customers.

They're making progress on the server tools.

I've posted elsewhere what features I really want as an admin so that I can offer a more professionally run server environment to my players

You're absolutely right that an angry customer makes a lot more noise than a happy one. The guy that buys a server because he knowingly wants to cheat is going to cry haaard and looong when his dreams get dashed by a responsible host or by the DayZ staff. When he loses his $30 for violating an agreement he signed I consider that an idiot tax. The challenge is sorting through the noise to the real issues and in HFB's case it's also manpower... I *do* software development in a web environment and having a sudden extreme surge in business is impossible to respond to quickly... You can't just hire people and have them be productive and useful on day one.

Some of the other providers seem to have coped better with this than HFB but I have no insight into their respective business models, team sizes or propensity for staring into crystal balls to predict Steam Summer Sales.

Give it some time and if you can't wait vote with your wallet. It's not worth wasting your free time stalking HFB around the forums.

If someone is on their ts you can get a response their. But other than that support has always sucked, and they know it.

As far as the Cp changes, you didn't need access to all that crap anyways.they just implemented it, and are receptive to constructive criticism.i filled a ticket last night about access to more of the config options. They had them added by morning.

Servers do need frequent restarts, 3-4 a day. I have 2 set up to auto restart in 12 hour increments, leaving the admins with options to restart if they see an issue. No lag at all really.

A far as tos violations, they are between a rock and a hard place.if your IP gets blacklisted that's 5-6 servers that are now blacklisted because of 1. They have to be strict.

As far as refunds are concerned it is not fraud, will not hurt your credit, and is perfectly fine to contact Paypal or your credit card company about services not rendered. They should prorate the month anyways if you cancel or are terminated, that's just good business practice. But if they don't you can simply state you payed for a service that was not provided, ether you didn't like the quality or were terminated.

Now every time i have conttacted them through a ticket about billing issues, they immediately gave what i asked for. Now that may be because i was asking reasonable stuff.

As far as prices being raised with more support, that is true, for new subscribers.not anyone current. What i signed up for explicitly stated i would get my price for the life of the server.

So their support is lacking.don't go here if you need hand holding.if you can figure most sir on you're own go with them it is good service, and no one can touch their prices.

Also they are in bed with the devs so they will always bend to Dev will

Thanks for being understanding rockstar.

I'm currently in charge of Host Altitude and whilst I agree with most of your points, there are some things I don't:

Whether or not a company receives a huge amount of orders, it is still their duty to provide constant communication and support for customers. I admit, we were behind on tickets and orders for a few days, some tickets were unanswered for 48 hours. This is totally unacceptable for any company and we just didn't have enough staff to handle such a huge amount of orders at one time. We tried to give accurate ETAs and kept customers informed via email/Twitter but support was lacking. Since then we have taken on new staff members who know exactly how DayZ works, they are all fully trained in customer service and they enjoy what they are doing. Tickets response times have dropped dramatically over the past week and are currently at 3-4 hours during weekdays and slightly higher at the weekend. We have also purchased plenty of stock to ensure our setup times are always the same day and hopefully by next week, all orders will be instantly provisioned.

I'd also like to add that we have been hosting game servers since January 2011, we are a fully registered Limited company in the UK, we have an accountant and we have several employees that are on a payroll. We are very real and try to be as professional as possible. I may be young as you pointed out but I have a huge interest in business and gaming and have plenty experience with running a business.

I've been a vocal fan of HFB up until this month. There has been a total blackout of support for a little over a week now. I have never complained or had an issue with any of the stringent rules placed on the providers by DayZ. All I care about is making sure things are up to date and in working order in a reasonable time frame. This will now be the third weekend (my only available free time) in a row in which our server is basically unplayable. I have had tickets and emails go unanswered for over a week now, and instead of improving their support they are cutting it back.

To me this is completely unacceptable. To any of the other providers, I guarantee you new business if you offer some sort of switchover deal from HFB.

EDIT: Not to mention that a major problem is we have a gaming group that is helping to pay for the server. I initially set things up with HFB and have for the most part been the through-line between us and them. I get shit everyday about how the server isn't fixed or still isn't connected to the hive, but I at least respond and document what is happening. Unfortunately I literally have to say "Yep put in another ticket or email today, no response"

Edited by Phisher