Alopex

Beta 95168 - Double performance

Also, massive performance increase.

- Before I wasa running it at an average of 27 fps, with frequent rises to 35.

- Now it is at an average of ~47 with jumps to 55.

Amazing increase

It may be because i have 2gigs of SLI Vram, which may not have been used at its most in DayZ, whereas Operation Arrowhead itself runs at a constant 90fps. Alas, the common saying goes in this circumstance: 'It's still in Alpha!'

Edited by George3011

I usually run around 12-16 FPS :(

I have seen no increase with this update, will continue to try servers and report back any change.

Edited by LivingError

Seems too good to be true, I have a feeling they broke something which has caused performance to increase since that feature isn't working.

This is great news. Can anyone post a before and after video?

From the official BI forums (link at bottom of post):

WARNING: this build is not MP compatible with 1.60 and 1.61 version of OA!

WARNING: ACR Lite maps are removed from this RC and upcoming patch and will be provided as separate download!

The time has come for brave community to get hands on RC of upcoming patch, this time 1.62 RC1

Changelog: (all from betas between 1.60 and now), minor UI stuff

mirror : http://www.gamefront....h_1_62-RC1.zip

CRC32: A150428D

MD5: 4C95289C2E2EDF5FB216EA9C03261B9D

SHA-1: 8869F8F35E5CCBF13D98273BECFC02194E1A3EDE

WARNING : This update will modify your existing game installation.

Rollback to previous version is not possible.

Upgrading to the final 1.62 patch also may not be possible.

It is recommended to back up your full installation folder and profile folder first (you can restore those before applying the final patch).

As always, use at your own risk. Thanks a lot for your support!

please be aware that no easy rollback to 1.60 is possible unless You have full backup

fyi changes since last beta

* fixed some crashes and MP issues (it means to stabilize MP we need change major version to 1.62)

* fixed bad playername issue

* removed ACR lite models for OA's ACR

[94918] New: command unit addMagazine[name, ammoCount]

[94912] Fixed: Video memory detection on W7/x64 sometimes wrong because of bug in IDirect3DDevice9::GetAvailableTextureMem.

[94886] Fixed: Possible gear item duplication (private https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36648 )

beta in Sync with 1.62 RC1 candidate for these who don't want install 1.62 RC1

http://forums.bistud....(1-62-MP-build)

BattlEye Support: ... SUPPORTED ...

Note:

If you installed 1.61 RC1/RC2/RC3 before this RC you need to use backup to restore game state to 1.60

remember to clean old ACR stuff too

Link to thread:

http://forums.bistud...ase-Candidate-1)-build-95168

Edited by Flatline

Also found in that forum thread:

You need to have legitimate install 1.60 to be able to upgrade to 1.62. It is as simple as this. It is already extremely complex process to handle and we are always absolutely clear how Release Candidates work. There is not easy way for us to handle it differently in the existing system so you either can live with it (the easiest way is to simply create full backup of the Arma 2 OA install folder somewhere else...) or not. If not yous simply should skip RCs and wait until the final patches and maybe use betas that are more flexible alongside the stable game. We of course appreciate help of our users with finalizing the updates and without release candidates this would not be really possible for us to release further updates to the game that is as moddable and open as this.

Few notes:

* we had to raise the version number to 1.62 as there are several low level incompatibilities between some 1.61 builds that lead into CTD to clients and servers

* we had to remove the ACR lite content from the patch as some of it requires Arma 2 present and there is atm no robust way of handling the dependencies. Instead, we are going to release ACR Lite as full free optional DLC to allow all our users to be at the same compatible level without enforcing purchase of DLC pack

We certainly hope this 1.62 is the final patch iteration and we have no intention opening it again unless a serious regression is found.

Marek Spanel - CEO

I really hope this is the final RC and we can finally bring the DayZ server community all up to the same version. It's impossibly fractured right now what with all the possible combinations of beta / DayZ versions.

• Like 1

^^ I have no idea what any of that meant. ACR lite maps?

ACR=Army of the Czech Republic DLC, the coming mod will have low-res models in multiplayer for those that don't buy it, but those models accidentally overwrote some high-definition models already in Arma2, so you have to reinstall the high-definifition ones with afresh install if you used 1.61. That is why they should be removed if you installed 1.61, I believe.

Patch did nothing for me. Runs exactly the same.

Edited by bluerising

Didn't notice much difference, myself, other than the fact that none of the servers I consider reliable are using this patch, making it impossible to play.

Also, the changelog posted few posts above says nothing about what changed.

WARNING: this build is not MP compatible with 1.60 and 1.61 version of OA!

Does this just mean if you install 1.62 you can't play online on servers running v1.60 and 1.61? I can still install beta 95168 on the current version 1.61, right?

Didn't notice much difference, myself, other than the fact that none of the servers I consider reliable are using this patch, making it impossible to play.

Also, the changelog posted few posts above says nothing about what changed.

Same.

I'm still getting 35-35 with AA and post processing off.

Also, would like to know: are people only seeing improvements with SLI / Xfire setups? I've heard it was a bit screwed and only using 30% ish of each GPU resulting in low FPS so maybe this was fixed... Anyone seeing improvements with a single GPU?

Does this just mean if you install 1.62 you can't play online on servers running v1.60 and 1.61? I can still install beta 95168 on the current version 1.61, right?

95168 is 1.62 and is not compatible with any beta-build lower than that. At the moment it kind of sucks, because none of my favorite servers are using it...

So when I logged into a server with the new patch, when I spawned, there was nothing except for green terrain and I had nothing on me.

I logged back in and I was near Otmel, when I should have logged into NE of the NWAF.

Anyone else can confirm the performance increase? I'm waiting for the update on six updater.

Also, is this performance increase noticeable at the regular operation arrowhead benchmark, or just something related to DayZ alone? Would like to benchmark to make sure!

Thanks.

Anyone else can confirm the performance increase? I'm waiting for the update on six updater.

Also, is this performance increase noticeable at the regular operation arrowhead benchmark, or just something related to DayZ alone? Would like to benchmark to make sure!

Thanks.

There was not anything noticeable to me, but I seem to be in the minority.

I've been getting some serious FPS issue lately (5-10fps~)

hope this clears it up a bit...I have far from a gaming pc

My FPS are more stable after install. Used to get up to 90 then down to 15 in big cities, now I sit between 50 and 40 FPS. I dip to 30 in big cities, definate improvement. I think it uses more CPU because I crashed after about 10 min. I was overclocked above usual since this game didn't use as much CPU. Backed down to 3.6ghz and now smooth sailing. improvements might be hardware dependant so here are my specs.

Phenom II 655 @ 3.6

4 gig ddr2 6400 @ 900mhz

ati HD6950 2gb (very slightly OC)

seagate baracuda 500

graphics settings at very high except object detail at normal

AA at high

AF at high

Post Processing OFF

view range 1600m

resolution 1600x900 (native)