Sign in to follow this  
ScaryNachos

Repair Fuse Boxes For Electricity

I haven't seen this suggested before so I thought I would make a thread. My idea is to add fuse boxes onto accessible buildings. These fuseboxes are originally damaged but with a toolbox (and scrap metal?) these fuse boxes can be repaired returning electricity to the building, if it is night on the server the lights on the building will all turn on.

I also think a neat feature would be like an alarm goes off once the fuse box is repaired just because during a zombie apocalypse the building would probably be damaged and that would set off the alarms.

I thought of this idea when I was on a hospital roof and thought it would be cool if I could turn on the electricity and use the sliding doors instead of wasting my ammo shooting the windows.

Please reply with what you think of this concept of mine :)

Edited by ScaryNachos
  • Like 3

And where would this electricity come from? Fuse boxes don't generate the electricity and the power plants are sure as hell not being run by zombies.

Cool idea but not realistic at all.

Could add some generators, electricity wires, fuse boxes, and be able to combine them all, and if dropped on the ground of a certain house(generator combined with wire and the fusebox of the house already repaired), the house will turn on the lights, and to maintain that generator working, you need to refuel it every 2 hour to keep it on maximum power.

Make generators spawn in Industrial areas.

+1 for this idea! You can have my beans!

Edited by MinxinG

And where would this electricity come from? Fuse boxes don't generate the electricity and the power plants are sure as hell not being run by zombies.

Cool idea but not realistic at all.

Umm, change "Fuse Box" to "Back-Up Generator" and make it all temporary? I didn't think into this whole topic a bunch, but thanks for the feedback anyhow :)

Could add some generators, electricity wires, fuse boxes, and be able to combine them all, and if dropped on the ground of a certain house(generator combined with wire and the fusebox of the house already repaired), the house will turn on the lights, and to maintain that generator working, you need to refuel it every 2 hour to keep it on maximum power.

Make generators spawn in Industrial areas.

+1 for this idea! You can have my beans!

I like this idea, it makes the electricity a plausible way to set-up a temporary base and a lure for player killers :D

read and join in XD this thread is a good developing one

http://dayzmod.com/f...e__hl__electric

I think this one that you cited is well developed, at least better than this one (no offense ScaryNachos) but the idea still pretty much the same. I'm still supporting it.

read and join in XD this thread is a good developing one

http://dayzmod.com/f...e__hl__electric

I think that is maybe a goal, it looks like it would be rather complex to implement fully. I would like if Rocket aimed for this, mine would be more of baby steps leading up to this possibly.

I think this one that you cited is well developed, at least better than this one (no offense ScaryNachos) but the idea still pretty much the same. I'm still supporting it.

Yeah definately, I didn't look into my idea as deeply, I wasn't sure how people would react to it but this guy has a good idea I believe :)

There is electricty! The vending Machine in the hotel of Chernogorsk is still working.. The light is glowing....

Maybe the cables are damaged?

the lights on chernarus are broken. they had an issue with light cones coming from street lights that looked stupid. the disabled it. this would mean the lights would have to be scripted in. sounds like a lot of work IF it wasnt for a already finished and working script that creates a light source in every enterable building at nearly 0 fps drop. but yeeeeah fixing 1 building or the power plant no. generator power yes

• Like 1

I think that a small generator would be a far more likely option for now. I would definately support a small 15 hp generator that randomly spawns in factories or barns. You could still need to repair it, and you could find electrical wire, lightbulbs, and sockets to light up a building or a base camp. Besides, it should make slightly less noise than an ATV or car, but would definatley attract players or zombies by the light or noise. Hooking up homes or large towns is unrealistic for now as stated in other threads, but this should be something that they consider adding.

for official dayz?

You can get electric on most private servers these days, if they know how to script it.