nrvswreck

Starter weapon...

So, I finally tried hitting a zombie with crowbar... Definitely not as good as a hachet. At the start of the game, I think we all should start off with a branch or piece of 2x4 wood. Make it act like the crowbar without the bonus of crowbar/rifle where you get to use the butt of the gun. Sometimes finding a hatchet takes forever!

yea mann, put up with it like the rest of us run into a building if nothing is there keep running until you find something

how bout u start with nothing. no backpack flashlight etc. maybe with just a troll face in your inventory. would make it better

• Like 3

You should be able to throw fists at the very least. Maybe not able to kill with them but causing a knockdown to give you time to escape.

Edited by Dvyjns

I don't need to see 2x4 fights on the beach, thanks.

I just respawned ten minutes ago. I now have a weapon. It is'nt as hard as some people seems to believe to find them! )

So, I finally tried hitting a zombie with crowbar... Definitely not as good as a hachet. At the start of the game, I think we all should start off with a branch or piece of 2x4 wood. Make it act like the crowbar without the bonus of crowbar/rifle where you get to use the butt of the gun. Sometimes finding a hatchet takes forever!

how do you use the hatchet as a weapon?

You right click on it and click remove from toolbelt

2x4s with nails wouldn't make for such a bad weapon imo, hell maybe even a baseball bat with nails to it too. lol.

But anyways, no, starting items are fine as they are, just gotta replace that Small coyote with a Czech Vest Pouch and it'd be much more interesting.

No. Hatchets are everywhere. And weapons too. As for packs, remove the starter coyote pack and make alice pack more rare. Having those extra inventaryslots is extremely helpful and should be more rewarding.

I think the problem might stem from having, what is effectively, an inverted difficulty curve.

The time between being on the beach chased by a zombie with no weapons, and finding an axe and going to town on those zombies, is arguably some of the most difficult in the game.

That being said, once that time is up, the game arguably gets progressively easier as new players realize that they can take on entire towns full of zombies as long as they engage them correctly. (This, of course, is barring an encounter with a ill-tempered survivor holding a sniper rifle)

So while new players might find it hard to not start out with a weapon, if they did put it in, it would become much less engaging for veteran players.

So no, I don't think that there should be a beginning weapon. Perhaps a way to shove down a zombie that is hitting you for a bit, but besides that I don't think it should be easier to start out. After all, that feeling of intensity when you first start out is one of the major reasons not to die once you have that hatchet.

Edited by Wareve

STOP WITH THE "STARTING WEAPON" POSTS FFS!

USE THE SEARCH BAR

~I'm using all caps because I am in fact RAGING at this stupid post which has been done numerous times.

Ok, you guys win... I'm going to find that crowbar, and headshot you guys with it! Except for Wareve. He's the only one that gave a sound response. I'm going to give him blood if I ever see him in game. As for the rest of you.. I'm not going to kill you, instead, I'm going to break your legs so you can crawl and zombies can eat your brains!

Search Results

Your search for the term start weapon returned 119 results

No way, people have posted about this before!?

It took TWENTY goddamn seconds! Stop being so lazy.

Edited by aversionfx

Not a good idea. Could you imagine dozens of fresh spawns beating each other to death with 2x4s?

Use the fucking search bar. I wish people like you were instantly banned.

• Like 1

Not a good idea. Could you imagine dozens of fresh spawns beating each other to death with 2x4s?

Doesn't sound like a bad thing, maybe we can sell tickets, TAKING ALL BETS whos gonna win, on the left in the black we have random suuurvivor A and on the right side in the blue we have the reigning champion with 1 murder..suuurvivor B...people shall gather on the hills to watch with binocs as bandits take pot shots to make it more interesting

Doesn't sound like a bad thing, maybe we can sell tickets, TAKING ALL BETS whos gonna win, on the left in the black we have random suuurvivor A and on the right side in the blue we have the reigning champion with 1 murder..suuurvivor B...people shall gather on the hills to watch with binocs as bandits take pot shots to make it more interesting

This is exactly the kind of intellect this community does not need.

• Like 1

This is exactly the kind of intellect this community does not need.

It was a joke, you know, ha ha..of course its not a good idea, but im not against the idea of adding more close combat weapons, I dont exactly agree with the being able to punch out a zombie but 2x4 or pipes or anything like that are all feasable ideas...I just thought in my comment I would try and make it a more lighter subject then people cracking it saying "ALREADY BEEN DONE! WHY YOU SO STUPID?! YOU SO NOOB!!" etc etc.

Im sorry if my comment and, in sense, my joke, was lost upon you and I wish you good day