Sign in to follow this  
Svalleper

Crossbow with scope and magazine

Crossbow should have scope and magazines with arrows. Would make the gameplay more fun and deadly silent :)

Silly boy arrows don't go in magazines, they go in quivers.

Misread 'go' as 'grow'.

Arguably, a quiver that grows arrows could be considered overpowered... Maybe...

Silly boy arrows don't go in magazines, they go in quivers.

by assuming that you meant bolts...bolts go into magazines...

It's good the way it is, but there is a big problem about picking the arrow that you just shot back, sometimes the zombies falls actually IN the grass and it's not able to pick it up.

by assuming that you meant bolts...bolts go into magazines...

You are now talking about repeating crossbow. Do we want, do we need new weapon, CROSSBOW weapon in game just for that we can shoot faster? no thanks, I can find faster makarov or enfield or winchester, much more common than current crossbows in game, frankly I´d rather equip hatchet or crowbar than one of those horros, and this game has already issues, deal with them first, then add extra content.

It's good the way it is, but there is a big problem about picking the arrow that you just shot back, sometimes the zombies falls actually IN the grass and it's not able to pick it up.

Hang on! I tried pickin arrows up from zombies that I shot and I couldn't find them. The zombies I shot were in high grass and on mud. The arrows certainly aren't in gear, so how do you find them again? I couldn't see them anywhere on the body. All I could pick up so far were arrows that missed the target.

Edited by S3V3N

Crossbow is a low tier, impractical, easy to find, silent weapon.

Once you get the hang of using the lines on the bow to aim with / \ you got a nice reliable silent weapon.

Crossbow is a low tier, impractical, easy to find, silent weapon.

Once you get the hang of using the lines on the bow to aim with / \ you got a nice reliable silent weapon.

I wouldn't dismiss the crossbow- maybe it has been improved in one of the last upgrades. I took it as my primary weapon yesterday and it was 1 shot -1 kill every time. I got 5 headshots out of 15 kills too without making much of an effort. I also found 6 bolts for it in a 2 km radius. I had an encounter with 2 other survivors in Berzino (the most awesome town on the map, imho). I tried to contact them to work together, got no reply and shot an arrow right next to one guys head as a warning.

I could see how nervous that made them and I circled them easily, before they could pinpoint my location. I watched them for a while and saw they were leavon town south. I did the opposite and went north and reached Olsha and the airfield around that location. There I found a Coyote bag, which allowed me to keep the crossbow, an AKM and a shotgun with tactical light. So I'm pretty loaded right now ^^

What is the easiest way to pick up the bolts? Any tips? I have only 1 bolt left now, I thought it must be possible to pick them up, but couldn't find any. I love the crossbow :) Where would I find a compound bow though? I've never come across any and found half a dozen crossbows by now.

Edited by S3V3N

Used bolt would be in zombie gear instead some where else near zombie. That would make crossbow very good gun. I would like see quiver to bolts. Player can still find single bolt some where but in invetory is quiver where new bolt go. Quiver could take 2 place in packpak.

Yes quiver would be great. I searched a lot of zombie I shot with bolts and I never found any bolts on them. How can you counteract the bug/problem? Does anyone have more experience with the crossbow?

magazine fed crossbow(pretty much like in half-life) is the only type of crossbow that fits fucked up Arma`s mechanic for ammo.

i know its intended to be realistic, but its only realistic for magazine/clip fed weapons. and the other weapons(tube fed shotguns, crossbows etc.) pretty much fucked.

the only thing left for us is to hope that in arna 3 they will remake this crappy system in rea onel: leave current system for magazine fed weapons, and just add the "standard" system what we see in cod and battlefield for other weapons.

until then thread like this completely pointless

magazine fed crossbow(pretty much like in half-life) is the only type of crossbow that fits fucked up Arma`s mechanic for ammo.

i know its intended to be realistic, but its only realistic for magazine/clip fed weapons. and the other weapons(tube fed shotguns, crossbows etc.) pretty much fucked.

the only thing left for us is to hope that in arna 3 they will remake this crappy system in rea onel: leave current system for magazine fed weapons, and just add the "standard" system what we see in cod and battlefield for other weapons.

until then thread like this completely pointless

I would go as far as hoping that when Day Z becomes a standalone release, Rocket can improve crossbows overall, in bolt droprate and giving it a better sight (at least, although a scope would be nice)

Can someone please tell me how tock pickup bolts that hit the target? I only find bolts that hit the walls.

I would go as far as hoping that when Day Z becomes a standalone release, Rocket can improve crossbows overall, in bolt droprate and giving it a better sight (at least, although a scope would be nice)

well i dont know hat happen earlier: arma 3 or standalone dayz.

if arma 3 will be first, then it should be ok(the proper ammo system will only be good for arma 3, and i hope bis realize it)

if standalone dayz comes first, then it will bo probably be using current engine, and i hope this wont happen, and i hope that dayz`s team realize that improved engine will be only good for the game.

Can someone please tell me how tock pickup bolts that hit the target? I only find bolts that hit the walls.

same thing as with wall - you have to find the place on zombies body where bolt hit it.

Edited by Frozen

I don't exactly know where, but I read that there is also a compound bow? Is that true?

Since I never find any bow arrows I think it is a myth, though I can imagine it would behave to the crossbow like a sniper rifle does to a shogun: longer range, deadlier force. Compound bows would really make my day:) I'd carry the Coyote backbag with a crossbow in it, have a 1911 as sidearm and keep the bow for regular "business".