Ejaculacid

DayZ roadblocks, why?

So i hear roadblocks are server side, why are the mass road blocks still enabled for Dayz? In a zombie apocalypse you're not going to spend time building a completely useless Somalian roadblock for any reason but however the burnt out car/truck/van wrecks are totally plausible.

Suggest is.. Remove the road clutter leaving/adding a few more destroyed vehicles.

if you think about it the roadblocks would have been built when they heard about the infection, so they set up defences then the zombies screwed everyone up :D

Often wondered this myself. Hopefully rocket will make his own map one day. I would also like to see far more enterable buildings with more low/medium-end loot.

if you think about it the roadblocks would have been built when they heard about the infection, so they set up defences then the zombies screwed everyone up :D

Impossibrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuu! Fortifying your home would be a wiser choice than throwing washing machines into the middle of the road....

Roadblocks must have been setup by the military or appointed militia to stop and search vehicles fleeing from the three high density, high infection risk areas on the coast as they sought sanctuary inland and escape via plane from the two airfields. It was part of the infection quarantine, searching vehicles for infected civillians. The infected overran these areas, leaving the roadblocks where we found them.

Often wondered this myself. Hopefully rocket will make his own map one day. I would also like to see far more enterable buildings with more low/medium-end loot.

Im sure rocket would find someone willing to spent a week or two making the map for him if he asked.

Roadblocks must have been setup by the military or appointed militia to stop and search vehicles fleeing from the three high density, high infection risk areas on the coast as they sought sanctuary inland and escape via plane from the two airfields. It was part of the infection quarantine, searching vehicles for infected civillians. The infected overran these areas, leaving the roadblocks where we found them.

You're confusing a check point apposed to someone throwing everything including the kitchen sink into the roads.

This is not a check point, thats a Somalian roadblock(Black hawk down reference)

arma2oa%202012-06-23%2002-13-29-80.jpg

Edited by Ejaculacid

Im sure rocket would find someone willing to spent a week or two making the map for him if he asked.

You're confusing a check point apposed to someone throwing everything including the kitchen sink into the roads.

This is not a check point, thats a Somalian roadblock(Black hawk down reference)

arma2oa%202012-06-23%2002-13-29-80.jpg

Try a few months :D

we will definatly throw our washing machines and stuff to fill up the roads in a real apocalypse :P

Try a few months :D

Depends... Skill + productivity x experience = win

Edited by Ejaculacid

some estates do that now anyway, they normally stop at the front garden thou...

Please! Do not remove the road blocks! but allow the players to contruct them! I dream to ambush a truck and steal all the goods!

Challenges driving players, so they can't auto-bahn around chernorus, with out some hits and misses.

Challenges driving players, so they can't auto-bahn around chernorus, with out some hits and misses.

You're joking right?

Imagine looters were trying to collect everything into a pile from the abandoned towns, and then zombies chased them off. So everything is left in piles outside on the road.

Looting tends to go from random single people trying for jewels and food, to small groups for TVs and survival gear and then to large organized groups after ANYTHING of value. Sometimes they leave junk in the road, and sometimes it piles up. So I can see it happening.

For an example, find a place with a lot of extremely poor people and you'll find many old and useless appliances out in the streets as well as couchs, chairs and even old cars. Some people treat their area as a junkyard and less like a town. I could see it happening or the above happening, in a zombie apocalypse.

Also, garbage trucks don't make their rounds during a zombie apocalypse.

Imagine looters were trying to collect everything into a pile from the abandoned towns, and then zombies chased them off. So everything is left in piles outside on the road.

Looting tends to go from random single people trying for jewels and food, to small groups for TVs and survival gear and then to large organized groups after ANYTHING of value. Sometimes they leave junk in the road, and sometimes it piles up. So I can see it happening.

For an example, find a place with a lot of extremely poor people and you'll find many old and useless appliances out in the streets as well as couchs, chairs and even old cars. Some people treat their area as a junkyard and less like a town. I could see it happening or the above happening, in a zombie apocalypse.

Also, garbage trucks don't make their rounds during a zombie apocalypse.

It's true, people are retarded and would try to take their tv's etc with them in the event of dayz. However, washing machines and roadblocks are just completely out of place. And running over a few bags of garbage and a monitor should not blow the living shit out of BUS.

Guess what.. it was garbage pick up day when the world came crashing down so everyone had their garbage out on the street but no one came to pick it up!

lol :P

You're joking right?

Ever tried driving at night without NVGs/gammasploit?

It's true, people are retarded and would try to take their tv's etc with them in the event of dayz. However, washing machines and roadblocks are just completely out of place. And running over a few bags of garbage and a monitor should not blow the living shit out of BUS.

could be solid garbage :D

Nope. That would most likely end in me going up a giant ball of flame.

I just find it surprising that you think we need a challenge while driving with all the current bugs surrounding vehicles randomly exploding etc. I guess you are just a far better driver than me, which is entirely probable.

Yup not hard, lights + 1st person ezzz

Yeh, its called turning the headlights on