paxtonmega

[Newbie-Guides] - Start easier, improve yourself!

Admin, better make that sticky or give it a "helpfull thread" shot. Been on the old forum long time, just started a new account on the new one...

Well well, you decided to play DayZ, didn't you? You thought you could hop in and have some fun? I guess you ran around a town and got either killed or chased by zombies? Not anymore, friend, and nobody will give you the "you newb suck" look here, DayZ is hard, noone will tell you otherwise, except for trolls and ****heads ;)

I got just what you need: Tutorials. Now that the Summersale on Steam boostet the player rate even more, let me share them with you. Hopefully I will max out your gameplay a bit more! Let's start...

DayZ [Tutorial] Installing DayZ manually and properly

The six updater is crap, that's what I say, I did it the manual way and I am just fine with that. If you want to run DayZ smoothly, follow these easy steps! All Links to the Patches and the simple updater/installer are provided in the video-description!

START THE SHOW [Duration:6 minutes]

DayZ [Tutorial] Basic movement and Tips

As for the movement of ArmA 2: New players will rage upon it pretty easily, but knowing some techniques may let you get into action faster and with more joy!

[Duration: 8 minutes]

DayZ [Tutorial] Looting Elektrozavodsk bare handed [2 Parts]

Spawning newly is dangerous but it is the perfect opportunity to raid a place faster because you have nothing to loose. Raiding Elektro will ive you good gear and will have you equipped with EVERYTHING you need in no-time. Let me show you my preferred loot route consisting of Firestation - General store - Pub - Officebuilding and another Firestation! Good Hunting!

[Part 1 - Duration: 15 minutes]

[Part 2 - Duration: 13 minutes]

DayZ [Tutorial] Looting Cherno Bare Handed [2 Parts]

As well as Elektro, there is Cherno as one of the biggest towns right from start. As soon as you spawned you go like this: Military Tents, Pubs in Town, Shop, Penellecs, done. Come with me on a journey through this first hand spawn loot town!

[Part 1 - Duration: 14 Minutes]

[Part 2 - Duration: 10 Minutes]

DayZ [Tutorial] Travelling through Chernarussia

Nothing better than to have a scout or a map, I give an example on what to do if you did not find a map or compass!

[Duration: 6 minutes]

DayZ [Tutorial] Maps, Zed's and Danger

An improved version of navigating with markers, ingame and online Map, loosing Zed's and the danger of finding your stuff!

[Duration: 12 minutes]

DayZ [Tutorial] Stary Sobor Sniper guide

Where do you hide? From where do you see enough? What are possible red-zones in Stary? Get it here, I'll show you! With first-time built-in map to see where I am and where you should be!

[Duration: 11 minutes]

Trading with a friendly:

The Way it should be done: Go to a good and far away spot, meet up, overwatch, do the trade and be happy! In this case four people show that they are trustworthy: Sinfulsebastian, Piccolo_bsc and me as well as our trading partner: +Ben+ from the whitelist medics! Cheers!

start the Show! (duration: 10 minutes!)

DayZ [Tutorial] Sniper-Rifle Guide

All you need to know about taking on the enemy with the CZ 550, DMR, m24, SVD Camo, m107, as50 and L85A2 AWS! Try out ALL the snipers!

START THE SHOW! (Duration: 15 minutes)

Currently working on:

• The inventory - or "the ghost in the shell"
  • Cherno Sniper Guide
  • Elektro Sniper Guide
  • Airfield Raid Guide
  • Airfield Sniper Guide

I hope I could help you a bit and I hope you are looking forward to my tutorials from the "Currently working on" section! See you soon ladies and gentlemen!

~.~ "I think I see someone back there" *boom* "Yes, he definately hit me..."

PaxtonMega

Edited by PaxtonMega
  • Like 19

great, hope you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart and not for views.

I am not that interested in views, I just want to share my experience with others :) As long as I know I helped someone everythings fine! I want to share my beans, thats all ;)

• Like 1

Oh, it's you! Nice tutorials man.

!!!! You subbed to me, I remember you! ^^ thanks for that btw :3 and thanks for the support :)

• Like 1

Great guides, thanks!

What servers do you play on?

That depends, I change servers every day, got no home server. If I happen to find one, I'll let you know :)

How wierd, I subbed you only yesterday and then here you are!!

Tell you what would be REALLY usefull, is a guide on how to use the frikkin inventory system with aplomb......I hate it I tells ya!!

How wierd, I subbed you only yesterday and then here you are!!

Tell you what would be REALLY usefull, is a guide on how to use the frikkin inventory system with aplomb......I hate it I tells ya!!

I will add that to my "working on" section as we speak! :) I'll record installation and inventory today, you'll get it soon. The inventory system is the most difficult part of the game ^^ and it's buggy as hell, lost two M4A3's on the way because my backpack said "nah, eff that, i will destroy it, you don't need it" ~.~

Nice tutorials, I really like your video-intros :)

btw. that´s a German accent, right? ^_^

Thank you very much :) yep, thats german ^^ but I am proud of my english, at least i do not sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger :D "Noh! It's not ah Toomah!" :D

Tutorials seem quite useful, at least for beginners I guess. Good work so far.

But one thing.. dude, your english pronunciation isn't half as good as you think. Only needed to hear you saying "Elektrozavodsk" and already knew you were german. You DO sound like a regular german guy even if your vocabulary is a bit better. Oh, and Schwarzenegger is austrian btw, not german.

But one thing.. dude, your english pronunciation isn't half as good as you think. Only needed to hear you saying "Elektrozavodsk" and already knew you were german. You DO sound like a regular german guy even if your vocabulary is a bit better. Oh, and Schwarzenegger is austrian btw, not german.

But I bet his English is a whole lot better than your German......

I never said I am speaking english perfectly ;) What do you expect me to do? Enable english mode while rebooting my brain? ^^

Oh, and in austria, people speak german btw, you knew that? Mindblowing!

But I bet his English is a whole lot better than your German......

I would bet on that too :D thanks :)

Quick update: DayZ [Tutorial] Install DayZ manually and properly is now online, link or look in the first post! :)

you should change your order of vids so that installing the mod is first... my only complaint

• Like 1

Your guide is good, I've enjoyed it. Your English is fine, I lived in Germany and yours is better than plenty I met :D Although it was Bavaria.. hehe

Haha, yeah, but Bavarians can't even speak proper german sometimes xD Thank you man, glad to hear you liked it :)

you should change your order of vids so that installing the mod is first... my only complaint

Done :) Should have thought about that myself *facepalm* sorry for the inconvenience :)

Don't listen to him. Your English is great.

Don't listen to him. Your English is great.

^_^ Thank you! And yes, I won't listen to him :)

Your videos rock and i love your new intro btw, has a little "Walking Dead" feel to it gj!

• Like 1

New guide is up (at least part 1, youtube is a bitch right now)

Raiding Chernogorsk Bare Handed

I'll follow this for sure.

btw I subbed to you earlier today :D

• Like 1

New Video out while waiting for part 2 of cherno looting! Look here how to trade my good men!

Trading with a friendly:

The Way it should be done: Go to a good and far away spot, meet up, overwatch, do the trade and be happy! In this case four people show that they are trustworthy: Sinfulsebastian, Piccolo_bsc and me as well as our trading partner: +Ben+ from the whitelist medics! Cheers!

start the Show! (duration: 10 minutes!)

Wow, that was fast... ANOTHER VIDEO IS UP! The second part of the Cherno Raid tutorial is finally uploaded, jeez, took some time and many errors :D

PART 2 HERE:

(Duration: 10 Minutes)

OR IN THE INITIAL POST!