Sign in to follow this  
Jonny5

ARMA 2 FOG UPDATE RUINED DAYZ???

Anyone else think that this new arma2 update with the fog in the horizon has ruined the look of dayz, i used to love the scenery when you climb up moutains, now you can see jack all.

Whats the point in snipers and bonocs now??? hope this gets fixed as its horrible anyone else agree?

• Like 2

Would love to regain the ability to increase view range. view range never really impacted performance on my machine but boy does it affect immersion when your surrounded by fog on a gorgeous sunny clear day.

Some servers even have view range tweaked and you can see much much further. So if people are tweaking the values to suit their own server how about actually giving us back what we had previously(max view distance option) for the sake of cosmetics and immersion. Then leave server side view distance settings up to server admins depending on their own hardware limitations.

What are you talking about there was fog in the game from the beginig.If it rain it gets foggy so visibility go down. If there's no rain and visibility is low it's because of server. Visibility on most servers in around 1800m but some servers change it to some lower number. Arma 2 support visibility up to 10km you can try it out in single player..

Edited by Starngere

yes, view distance in dayz is too low. many other arma2 mods lets the user set it. chernarus runs fine with 4500m on my rig, so it sucks being limited to 1000 or whatever it is.

The view distance in dayZ changed with the new update and that sucks hard.

• Like 1

Would love to regain the ability to increase view range. view range never really impacted performance on my machine but boy does it affect immersion when your surrounded by fog on a gorgeous sunny clear day.

Some servers even have view range tweaked and you can see much much further. So if people are tweaking the values to suit their own server how about actually giving us back what we had previously(max view distance option) for the sake of cosmetics and immersion. Then leave server side view distance settings up to server admins depending on their own hardware limitations.

It's more about balance. All players should be FORCED to see a maximum range that the server dictates.

All servers I have been on in the last few days have a max view of about 900 meters before you can't see anything past the fog.

The view distance in dayZ changed with the new update and that sucks hard.

Really? I probably played on older version that's why i didn't notice

Yeah, I hate the fog. Also hurts when you are navigating by large mountains. On a normal day, you shouldn't have problems seeing 50km, let us see at least 5.

How am I to pull off a 1200m kill with my AS50 now :(

Sux hard +1

How am I to pull off a 1200m kill with my AS50 now

+1

Total Useless i think 2-2,5 km should be possible!

Edited by antimab

I've not noticed it, but saying that the server I was on last night had sheets of rain, so I could hardly see my hands in front of me let alone anything around me.

Will keep an eye out for it.

Yeah this is lame. Wanted to test out my m107 but alas cant see crap. . . I can see up to 500m without any fog, max i can see through the fog is 600-700m. Might as well have a cz550.

Anyone else think that this new arma2 update with the fog in the horizon has ruined the look of dayz, i used to love the scenery when you climb up moutains, now you can see jack all.

Whats the point in snipers and bonocs now??? hope this gets fixed as its horrible anyone else agree?

it has always been there, and will always be there, anything else? maybe some pvp whine?

from my usual sniper nest near the NWAF for overwatch all i could see was one building at 500m instead of the entire Airfield : /

it has always been there, and will always be there, anything else? maybe some pvp whine?

It has always been there, but it has never been this close before.