Sign in to follow this  
Pride_Lion

First Blood

I murdered for the first time today, I was extremely thirsty when i spotted a campfire, there was 3 guys sitting around the fire, i went prone in fear they saw me, I stayed still just 30m away from them. They preceded to put out the fire and run off I chased them until I was around 150m away up the road, I aimed down the sights of my CZ550 that I was lucky to find in a barn and killed one of the trio I then preceded to fire and kill another one and watched as the last guy ran away into the forest for his life. I searched the body and found Medical supplies (blood bags, morphine, epi-pen) and plenty of soda pop (even a mountain dew), a bigger backpack and an AK74 which I decided to leave as I had grown attached to my rifle. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I feel extremely bad that I killed 2 survivors, but it was either be a nice guy and die of dehydration or become the monster I'am and murder innocent people.

What would you guys do in my situation?

• Like 3

I'd chase down the last guy and finish him off, he could double to back to ambush you.

• Like 1

I would have killed them at the fire and would relish in the kills.

I don't know why the fuck people get so worked up about "oh no im such a bad person I killed someone"

I'm playing pretty long time. I've got over this stage. It's okay for the first time, I guess. Well, you didn't kill them for lulz, that's respect. The unwritten rule in DayZ is "Survive. Kill to survive. Don't kill fof fun." In your case you killed for water to survive.

If I were you, now from the top of my own experience, I would silently move off , run away and never engage a group alone. I'd take risk on getting water somewhere else. But if your water was blinking already for a long time, you could die. So in this case, I think, I'd venture to take risk and drop my gun and backpack in the nearby bushes and come unarmed to ask water. Yes, risky, deadly, but imagine what a satisfaction and gratitude to yourself you would earn, if these guys turn out to be good guyz, who will help you not only by giving water and may be you made friends with them. That would be a totally awesome story to tell on forums. Now your story is full of regret. You're good person, man. You feel guilty and it means you're on the right way.

Please, try to not kill if it's possible. If this victim saves your life, well, it's sad, but most of us will nod and say "We know, it's hard, man. It's always a painful being guilty for killing. But you struggled for life. That's life. Learn lesson. Try to improve or avoid it in future".

P.s. Try imagining you group being attacked and killed for water. Wouldn't you give a stupid can of soda and a can of stupid beans to a poor guy asking for food? I'd do. Why shooting? We're not animals, not bloodraged lunatics. People help each other in need. But If they'd kill you on sight without talking, then you met the wolf pack, just a silly bunch of bandits not worth mentioning on the forums. They're numerous. They just chose the most simplest way. NOT thinking is very easy.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail

I murdered for the first time today, I was extremely thirsty when i spotted a campfire, there was 3 guys sitting around the fire, i went prone in fear they saw me, I stayed still just 30m away from them. They preceded to put out the fire and run off I chased them until I was around 150m away up the road, I aimed down the sights of my CZ550 that I was lucky to find in a barn and killed one of the trio I then preceded to fire and kill another one and watched as the last guy ran away into the forest for his life. I searched the body and found Medical supplies (blood bags, morphine, epi-pen) and plenty of soda pop (even a mountain dew), a bigger backpack and an AK74 which I decided to leave as I had grown attached to my rifle. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I feel extremely bad that I killed 2 survivors, but it was either be a nice guy and die of dehydration or become the monster I am and murder innocent people.

What would you guys do in my situation?

That's normal for a bandit. Unlike some douchebags out there, at least you have a reason to kill and felt something. You can have my beans. ;)

Edited by leeo38

I don't know why the fuck people get so worked up about "oh no im such a bad person I killed someone"

Because not everyone is selfish in their game playing.