Justin619

what exactly is end game in dayz?

you know, after 1 or 2 days alive, im pretty decked out.. got an amazing backpack, NVG, a dmr, and a m16.. and pretty much everything else that youd need or want..i got a friend that i play with and hes mostly decked out too. wev tried hiding a tent and collecting more loot and of course it gets found but this isnt a rant thread. the point is, i dont know what to do in dayz anymore. sure some can argue that i could join a clan or find and repair a vehicle. but mainly the point is to collect gear and everything without dying. afterall, if you never lost items we would all be pretty bored right? alot of people are always arguing over bandits and killing people but as far as i can see, end game is all about just killing players.. once you have everything you want, your dream gun and about 8 mags for it, all there really is to do is murder everyone in sight. this could explain why all the people complaining about dying is just the people that never reach "end game"

thoughts?

Become a bandit if your not try helping people if not then go play another game its that simple if you have no imagination or dislike most of the other concepts then play another game.

• Like 2

having the most zombie kills without dieing?

while the "not die" part is the hardest one. ok, you need some stuff to do that, and you can "rejoin" the server to get new ammo, but this will be fixed soon.

when the goal is surviving, with so called ''endgame gear'' it should be easier fill your canteen, shoot your cows and also get some beans looting a city if you want some variations to your menù :-) and don't forget that if you keep playing you'll need some medical supplies or ammo, and maybe you'll have to defend yourself by bandits. in a zombie apocalypse like this put in play, you can keep survive or kill yourself. help people, hunt bandits..you'll die and start again from flashlight and painkillers on the coast

the word "endgame" makes me seriously laugh. Quiet possibly the dumbest conception ever. Here, let's make people slog through our shitty game to get to the good content "at the end".

Honestly - the first thing I'll do when I find a decent setup (and I did, but I skipped the M107 due to lack of space) is go player hunting for people camping the coast for newbies. Nothing like killing a griefer.

lol. That is what I do. Saved quite a few newbies from having their head taken of by griefers, without them even knowing the trouble they almost walked into.

• Like 1

What was the endgame for this film? There isn't one, sure the film has an ending (which I won't spoil, but I assume anyone that plays this mod has seen this film which is pretty much dayZ without the zeds).

The goal is to simply survive, well - as it stands that is the goal. Sure, there are things that you have not yet experienced, such as vehicles. but at the end of the day, with it being a sandbox scenario you make of it what you want. For some it is just a personal challenge to survive for as long as possible, for others they enjoy the chase, finding the loot, others simply just like to sit out in the woods with camp fires.

I'm up for the being some new ultra rare items, what they would be I'm not too sure but something that when you find it, you feel like you are that little bit more unique compared to everyone else, maybe it could be attire based, maybe it could be a kevlar vest, something that adds a function that makes you that bit harder to kill. Hell. Maybe there is an antidote for the infected out there, somewhere... and you need to find it. Maybe it could be something as simple as the perfect weapon to take out zombies.

I don't know exactly, but I wouldn't expect there to be a genuine 'endgame', ever. Perhaps stand-a-lone will introduce some that some will see as the endgame, but in an open world environment such as this, you can't add an end to someone's character because not everyone wants that.

When I played Fallout : New Vegas, I exhausted the main quest and didn't spend any time doing side quests, when I finished the main quest I felt like the game has over so I didn't bother playing it anymore. If you add an endgame, people will achieve it then move on to a new game - but a game with potentially unlimited replay value will last for ever. I play CS:S mainly, that is where my online gaming stems from since I was 11 years old. I still play CS to this day, 11 years on. Sure, I've had been off it for alot of time too, but it still has my attention, that is partly because I still feel like I haven't reached my full potential, but also because there is no end game - Well, there is that is to be in a top team and win a large LAN event, but that's not an endgame, that's an accomplishment and I probably will never experience that because I fall just short of the required level of skill to achieve it.

The point is, not all games need to have an endgame, especially not multi-player games.

There's plenty of "endgame" activities to do at the moment, but the most epic ones all revolve around trying to form larger and larger social groups.

Found a clan, create defensive structures, facilitate trade or guards-for-hire or medical services.

In such a sandbox game you need to make the end-game yourself.

As some ideas here...

- come a medic... help up fallen surviors, give em blood and other essential items

- start up a taxi company with UAZ... I'd like to get a ride to NEAF for 4 bean cans.

- put up a tent and try to fill it as many beans as you can get / find.

- Start hunting animals, write down every single one you've killed, where and with what etc.

- Run thru Cherno in 50 people server yelling "trololololol" in voice comms.

- Become a stalker... stalk people for fun, don't kill em, just keep an overwatch on what they do, where they go what they find... kill any threats what face em.

There are endless possibilities what you could be or do, just use your imagination and if you don't have one, just go killing people or do endless "V" in the middle of NEAF until the game end reaches you.

Edited by Devil
  • Like 2

Become a bandit if your not try helping people if not then go play another game its that simple if you have no imagination or dislike most of the other concepts then play another game.

lol dafuq? i believe i said this isnt a rant thread.

Is no Endgame.

There is 'gear' but the game doesn't end.

End Game is the term used to determine the best-of-the-best equipment/gear you can get so that you can't get any better.

There are endless possibilities what you could be or do, just use your imagination and if you don't have one, just go killing people or do endless "V" in the middle of NEAF until the game end reaches you.

+9001

best idea ever !

The "endgame" is like the "End" of Stephen Kings "The Dark Tower" ... if you know what i mean... :beans:

1. Ghillie suit

2. AS50

3. Old bike

4. Friends and camp with supplies

Once you have all the above there is little left to aim for. Sure, fixing cars, helping friends gear up by providing overwatch and all that jazz, but still... For you personally, what is there left other than try to avoid getting countersniped?

And yes, the old bike is the best vehicle in the game :)

Death! I must thank the guy I shot last night. I reached the "end game" just by shooting him in the head. He had everything: the 24 slot bag all the pieces of equipment except NVG, and a nice little gun with lots of ammo. Thanks ! :D

for me it is

a) to have intensive firefights with other people / groups.

--> Raiding / camping hot spots in the North.

b ) have some kind of objective.

Normally I need just a small thing to keep me going.

E.g. to organize some barbed wire... get equipment for someone else...try to find beartraps...

get to a hosital for medical supplies.

Indeed I would like to have more of these "little objectives" available.

Btw, the comparison with Eve is wrong I guess. Don't know much about this game, but as far as I know it is pretty complex. In DayZ we can just: Travel-explore, shoot, communicate and loot. We cannot even "collect" properly as all your stuff is found within 2 days.

At the current point of time DayZ is indeed lacking endgame content. (Nothing wrong with this term from my POV)

If we only have weapons and bullets, what can we build up?

Edited by GodOfGrain

Endgame in DayZ?

have atleast 50 tents full of weapons and equipment + all the vehicles that spawn on the server hoarded in a corner of the map... Atleast that's what everybody is trying to do haha

DayZ is a simulator mod... What is the end of the zombie survivor simulator? Death of course... What is the goal? Survival of course...

If you expect something more other than what the mod has to offer you, perhaps you should play another simulator/game. The mod offers enough goals as it is and should not have additional post-elite goals.

Also, you're probably one of those who cry out loud when you get killed after several weeks or so. That is really pathetic; think of it as an achievement instead. There aren't many who survive for that long. Just look at the average life expectancy: "46 minutes".

Edited by Vitdom

Hunt bandits. How long can you survive with that as your objective?

Honestly - the first thing I'll do when I find a decent setup (and I did, but I skipped the M107 due to lack of space) is go player hunting for people camping the coast for newbies. Nothing like killing a griefer.

That's what my buddies and I do. We'll move servers and kill the Elektro snipers. It's good fun!

I wasn't aware DayZ was an MMO and thus needed an end game.

Apparently some folks don't get, the concept, of a sandbox game.

• Like 2

DayZ is a simulator mod... What is the end of the zombie survivor simulator? Death of course... What is the goal? Survival of course...

If you expect something more other than what the mod has to offer you, perhaps you should play another simulator/game. The mod offers enough goals as it is and should not have additional post-elite goals.

Also, you're probably one of those who cry out loud when you get killed after several weeks or so. That is really pathetic; think of it as an achievement instead. There aren't many who survive for that long. Just look at the average life expectancy: "46 minutes".

The game is still incomplete, and there really should (and will be) additional features and challenges for players. Sandbox and simulator do not mean "devoid of content". The quality and replayability of a sandbox game is measured in how much you can do with it, and the more stuff there is to do the better the game is. If you really think that Day Z is currently all it can or needs to be, I am afraid you are mistaken and will find that most contributing to this forum do not share that viewpoint. Furthermore, you are an ass for characterizing and insulting people you do not know or understand based on a single post. Good day sir.

In a sadbox game you're given tools to play with and you have to make your own fun, there is no end game.

Edited by Virindi

ffs, people sometimes

rocket himself said that the game is lacking some kind of proper endgame / metagame

If you really can't figure out the meaning of "endgame" in an openworld-sandboxy context, why do you even bother replying to a perfectly valid concern

ffs, people sometimes

rocket himself said that the game is lacking some kind of proper endgame / metagame

If you really can't figure out the meaning of "endgame" in an openworld-sandboxy context, why do you even bother replying to a perfectly valid concern

So he is as small minded as the call of duty audience that has flooded this mod since its inception. Good to know. The game doesn't need an end, it needs more features and things to explore/do. not necessary something story driven or endgame oriented just more of anything.. And stop using "metagame" you obviously don't understand its meaning.

• Like 1

So he is as small minded as the call of duty audience that has flooded this mod since its inception. Good to know. The game doesn't need an end, it needs more features and things to explore/do. not necessary something story driven or endgame oriented just more of anything.. And stop using "metagame" you obviously don't understand its meaning.

Please enlighten me, what does metagame really mean?

You want to learn? I will teach you.

Metagaming is a broad term usually used to define any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Another definition refers to the game universe outside of the game itself.

In simple terms, it is the use of out-of-game information or resources to affect one's in-game decisions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagaming