ChinWooMan

Best Video Settings For A Good Amount Of FPS (For weak Labtops/PCs)

I'm putting up the Video Settings I have for more FPS. This is only for people that have weak labtops/PCs that can't handle the game but they really want to play. The graphics will look not bad and not good but you'll get used to it. My first impression on it when I first put the low graphics was really horrible, but I got used to it and used to it. I'm playing perfect and enjoying the game. You will barley see letters but again, you will be used to it.

This is my LabTops RAM etc.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

2.10 GHz

64 Bit System

4.00 GB RAM

Video Settings

Visibility - 500 (Lowest) (This is to lower the render distance you can see to 500 meters.)

Quality Preference - Very Low (Graphics of the game)

Interface resolution - 640 x 480 x 32

3D resolution - 640 480 (WARNING! Both Interface resolution and 3D resolution must be the same just as I put it)

Texture detail - Low

Video Memory - Default

Anistropic filtering - Disabled

Antialiasing - Disabled

Terrain detail - Very low

Shadow detail - Disabled

Object detail - Very low

HDR quality - Normal

Postprocess effects - Disabled

Interdace size - Large

Vsync - Disabled

Some settings might be pronounced wrong but you can see which it is :D

Thank you for reading, this is what I have and I enjoy playing like this. If you do not like this please don't flame.

Edited by ChinWooMan

Hello there

I appreciate you ideal, but your simply showing us that you run on low settings.

If i was you I would post info about command line settings or that using the cfg settings to set different antialiasing from the standard can improve ones performance.

Rgds

LoK

PS. The visibility tip is useful though :)

Edited by orlok

So basically set everything on lowest possible setting. Wow, thanks for this useful advice. Not.

That CPU is killing you. So is the graphics card. I don't understand why people play games like this on a labtop. I can play it with 30-50 frames with high texture, object, and terrain detail. 3.5Ghz quad-core, 8 Gigs of ram (16Gb if I needed to), and a Ati Radeon HD 5670 1GB, soon to be ATI Radeon HD 6970 2GB. I have yet to hear anyone play on a labtop with more than 30 fps unless it is an Alienware.

Visibility/view distance is a server-side setting in DayZ, altering it in your options will have no impact. Try to find servers which have it set to a low amount if that's a problem to you.

Edited by Mindtraveling

That CPU is killing you. So is the graphics card. I don't understand why people play games like this on a labtop. I can play it with 30-50 frames with high texture, object, and terrain detail. 3.5Ghz quad-core, 8 Gigs of ram (16Gb if I needed to), and a Ati Radeon HD 5670 1GB, soon to be ATI Radeon HD 6970 2GB. I have yet to hear anyone play on a labtop with more than 30 fps unless it is an Alienware.

Mate, open your mind.

Number 1 reason: MONEY. Not everybody can afford a 1000, 600 or even 400 dollar/euro PC so we have to try to play with the hardware we have. I personally could afford a 1000 euro PC but I'm overseas and I don't have a 'home' at the moment, so this obviously means that moving around with a rig, a 24 inch screen, mouse and keyboard, etc is impossible to me.

So yeah, I think all the suggestions about new hardware are appreciated, but not everybody is in the same position.

Edited by ArrThePirate