anthony_henson2003@yahoo.com

This is why some servers don't have vehicles

So this morning I found an UAZ on DE6 server. As usual, the very second I find a vehicle, server shuts down - which happened. Now when the server is online again, theres no UAZ :( And there's no way that in the few minutes when the server started running again a huge group carrying 4 tires and other parts rushed in, repaired and GTFO'd.

Hi guys.

Just letting you know that we havent forgotten about this.

I'm a sore thorn in rockets side atm on this matter and will try to get him to put aside some development time for a fix :)

Some info, after a few playtests of mine:

- Vehicles that are "destroyed" (crashing,zombie dmg etc) will despawn and not spawn back in afterwards to the original location.

This will probably be fixed later . So for now, if you're careful about your vehicle don't destroy it :)

- Repair options seem to be semi-broken with the new inventory system.

A fix for this will hopefully be in a bit later. No ETA yet.

- Choppers inventory saving is a bit shoddy sometimes while in the air but seems to work "most of the time".

Will do more playtests to see if I can reproduce this (checking DB entries of inventory and active vehicle).

Good to hear you are working on this.

Now i have something to look forward to !

Can't wait until they are back.

vehicles are my obsession in Dayz i couldn't live without em.

Thanx for informing us

Thanks for your response Ander. I'm glad to hear we haven't been forgotten. I'll be checking in regularly for updates, please keep us informed.

Glad to hear that you guys are aware of this Ander, any update on when servers that don't have them at all will get them?

yes this should be a high priority! because after you have the biggest backpack with a very good weapon you have nothing that you can do!

now if we had vehicles we can enjoy ourselves finding/repairing/driving that vehicle

Vehicles are a necessity for people to stick around. After you've gotten military drops a few times, the game really loses its shine - tonight a few players said they quit because there was nothing else to do.

Well.. I would not go as far as saying im gonna quit. This gome is still being developed and some days whe game works better than others. Its the name of the game. But I think what you are talking about is that these players decided to live real life for a couple days, wich is a good thing.

But it is true. The tents and car bring continuity to the game, wich is very important. I like the cruelty and harshnes of the game. One minute you feel all power and mighty, and the next minute one of your friend has been sniped and zombies are attacking and you are bleeding and shooting and afraid that bullets gonna end or you bleed to death or that scum sniper is still out there looking for a shot at you. Panic and chaos and you might loose everything you achieved in the past few days.

I really hope vehicles will be implimented on all servers soon. I found one car in one US server. I hope its still in the same place after server restarted. havent checked yet as i am runing along the coast looking for a damn tool box. Used to have many of them in my tent. But now that i need one, i cant fine one. Anyways, i have a goal now so playing the game is fun atm.

My server have also no vehicle, but i think its so importand for long time experience. Tents for Saving good stuff like NVG or some othe Items.

I hope the vehicles comming back so fast as possible

Can someone with first hand knowledge tell me what US servers currently have vehicles?

An update on this situation would be lovely. I have plenty of people in my servers getting annoyed by this issue.

Dallas 5 have vehicles. Found one, but was not able to fix it. After this patch its gone. Im sure i was not the only one aware of this pickup, so as soon as it became repairable, someone went and took it.

I believe fixing vehicles is working now, but i have no idea if the destroyed ones respawn.

Does destroyed vehicles respawn in 1.6.0.1?

I really hope this hope the respawn thing is fixed and that we get cars on every server soon. I want my bling bling. I will cruise down Electras streets listening to Mungo Jerry´s summertime without a care in the world. Wish me luck, i dont think my joyride will last very long...

I don't think they respawn yet , went around on my server looking for vehicles affter 1.6.0.1 but i couldn't find any , and i know our group got alot of them when the server launched i think we managed to get 1 pickup 1 motorbike 1 atv 2 camo uaz , 1 White Uaz , 1 Vaz .... and a heli.

We are a group +-25ppl so it makes sence , but i haven't seen any of these vehicles anywhere as now we have 0 vehicles , and are looking for the ones we lost. I'm constantly looking for cars and helicopters , as somehow it seems my only goal on dayz now . . .

We have come to a point where we have alot of gear and cars would be nice . . .

Im really waiting for them to bring it back in , as when they where in we had so much fun and half of our play time would be ops with cars and heli drops . . . . but yhea lost them all when our camp got exposed. . . . . .

Pls if any of the staff can read this, get the vehicles back in and respawning as soon as possibe , been wating since 1.5.6/7

Without vehicles' date=' there really isn't much left for me to do but hunt other players.

[/quote']

Indeed, I've noticed myself not doing anything but this after I lost my vehicles and after they got disabled.

I know the devs have A LOT to do, but please, if you could find for this as well.

It's alpha, we understand if they're buggy :) We don't even need all of them, even having some of them would be very very nice :)

Old info.. Yes.

But then can we expect to get vehicles back?.. I just found out my server doesnt respawn blown up cars :/..

Really bad.

Atleast I hope we can get just a bit information about this vehicles thing.

I really hate running so much, the map is huge on foot.

But can the staff please come with a update or ETA?.. This topic is old, and I think the fans deserve an update :-)