Kuramashi

Would you take the shot?

I would mainly because one day he might get a sniper rifle and one day he may shoot you. But the odds are low.

I do understand people who wouldn't shoot. But to be honest, i would anytime. He would most likely shoot you and i would always take the chance to get my hands on morphine (bone breaking bug). I don't care for bigger guns or other things.

Personally, nice to see you didn't shoot. But ad a side note to everyone claiming you had no reason, you actually had a very good one. You were by Komarovo because your friend was spawning in. Komarovo... So your friend is probably a fresh spawn with no kit. Coulda got him some nice easy kit right there.

If it was clear he didn't notice me and was moving out, I wouldn't take the shot. If he noticed me and/or decided to stay in town for a while, I absolutely would.

Yesterday I found a vehicle that needed repairs so I was going around the area (and up to 1Km away) to find what I needed and along the way I encountered someone with a hatchet when I had a revolver. He didn't try to hit me and left the area shortly after so I didn't bother to end him. Then later when I finally got what I needed and repaired the vehicle, after mounting up I was shot out of the drivers seat. I returned later to find the vehicle missing.

So yes, I would take the shot IF someone knew where I was and was not leaving the area.

Argument "I shoot cause he may see me later and kill me" is pointless. It makes a certain level of sense if this was real, but since everyone can respawn it helps nobody. Feel free to shoot on sight, but if you do it because someone else did it to you, you just perpetuate the same behavior. If you play this game for some time, you must have walked through crosshairs of people you didn't know where there without getting shot at. The problem is you mostly notice when someone *does* shoot at you.

• Like 1

I was prone in some bushes with my DMR targeting server hoppers in the NE airfield. Suddenly I heard steps from behind. Person then moved to the airfield and is still alive. I also shot zeds away from another guy arriving at the NE airfield. That person Dc'd though.

I realize this goes both ways, but i was told assuming makes an ass out of u and me (ass-u-me, get it? Lol) so i hate to assume everyone is an enemy but again assuming everyone is friendy is just as bad. I imagine if i had a mic at the time i may have tried to talk to him (didnt know u could type and chat) and then made a decision based off what he said/did.

Anyways, i appreciate everyones feedback and hope to meet 'most' of you in game lol

Edited by Kuramashi

I realize this goes both ways, but i was told assuming makes an ass out of u and me (ass-u-me, get it? Lol) so i hate to assume everyone is an enemy but again assuming everyone is friendy is just as bad. I imagine if i had a mic at the time i may have tried to talk to him (didnt know u could type and chat) and then made a decision based off what he said/did.

Anyone i appreciate everyones feedback and hope to meet 'most' of you in game lol

Actually with most servers these days the Side Chat is disabled, so the only way to have communicated with him would have been Direct if he had been close enough (60m+ is too far though).

I keep getting killed just for the point that I don't shoot unless I'm fired upon.

Last time I know it was because I was getting back into my tractor though. Had just gotten done killing several dozen zeds in an apartment ( the spawn inside the building was crazy ) and knew that the shooting had attracted a lot of attention. Well without NVGs at night it's not possible to check an area completely, and just as I was stepping up to my tractor multiple rounds started landing all around me and one found it's mark in my cranium. Not that it would have taken a headshot, some of the zeds had blinked next to me through walls and floors so i was down to half health as it was.

Take the shot. Because they would. I killed a guy up North and he had a DMR. He had a clan tag of [NeXt] something.

I would have done exactly what you ended up doing. I don't want to hurt nobody, lest they try and harm me first.

My thinking would be as follows:

Would the shot cause zombie aggro? Am I in good cover, and am I prepared to gtfo of the area fast after I fire my DMR? That gun is pretty damn loud, and if I don't have a good secondary or another primary on me, I'm going to be pretty much screwed if another player hears the shot and comes to investigate. Then I'd consider what I have already, what I need, and what the odds are that the guy in my sights will even have it on him. Finally, there's the risk that this guy might have some buddies with him I can't see, or that are in the area. Sure, I could shoot the guy, but then I'd be a perfect target when I go to loot his body.

Long story short, I'd likely not take the shot.

Edited by NightRipper

I would have taken the shot... I think of it this way. If that was me sitting there with my loot map open, I doubt the guy on the other end with the DMR would even take the time to scope in on my dome, and probably be satisfied with shooting me instantly in the torso/leg/kneecap/toe to grief me.

Btw if anyone is interested, my in game name is currently 'I Have Candy, Get In'. It was previously 'Don't Shoot, Its Just Me'. So if anyone sees me in game, know that i do not shoot on site and would be happy to group up lol.

Seze i understand where your coming from, ive ran into a group of three players in an airfield who hatcheted me even though i had no weapon or gear, and just let me lay there to bleed out and die lol

I wouldn't shoot either. He didn't even notice you; I only shoot if I feel threatened. Airfields are an exception: if you're there, you're looking for combat, and if I see you first, you die.

It all depends on how i am playing at the time. If i am playing as a bandit then yes i would take the shot. But normally no, i'd just let him be.

If I was playing as a Bandit (which I don't) surely the same logic applies. I thought bandits were supposed to rob/murder but also try and survive. I don't see people that just kill on sight for the sake of it as proper Bandits. Theres some great vids of Bandits Mugging/kidnapping/robbing and my personal favourite of a group driving around and collecting noobs as slaves. They are proper Bandits and have my full respect. People who shoot on sight are just twats.

P.S - no offence intended.

Edited by Fraggle

100% Yes. He could have some gear that will help my survival.

Yes yes yes, shoot :)

Or he might be part of a team that'll bring your survival to an abrupt end. It'd be plain bad tactics on every level. Bandit or not.

This made me realize how convenient my second screen is =p

I'm not sure what i would do all the player encounter i've had were very unlucky and ended up with me dying without being able to do anything. I would've probably shot him, i never shot anybody before so... (Appereantly i am good at hiding from others or something)

Pity you lost him, would've been fun to stalk someone xD

Something worth noting, the reason everyone thinks this is a deathmatch and everyone shoots on sight is this:

The friendly one's don't camp, and try their best to not be seen. Thus you don't see them much, and think that the game is full of noob snipers/campers/KOS'ers etc. I've observed a lot of people at pretty close range just going about their usual business, but they never knew I was there. And I bet a lot of the friendly, ask questions first, shoot later crowd does the same. So don't get too discouraged guys ;)

Also, you can't justify anything based on what might happen in the future... do you sell your car just on the off-chance that the brakes will fail and make you crash? I didn't think so :P

You have to act on what's happening NOW. If you wanna shoot and kill people, fine, but it's completely your choice, you're not pre-empting some action that this person may or may not carry out in the future.

Edited by KennyNZ
  • Like 3

Well put KennyNZ, act here and now because no one knows the future