Sign in to follow this  
gusmanak

Massive Burst in Life Expectancy?

What the hell? Yesterday it was 34 minute and now it's 46? I call shenanigans.

Was something wiped? Could people be banding together to survive? Or is a lone bandit trapping everyone in a cellar and giving them nothing but lotion and beans?

at any given moment it could jump to 6 hours or down to 5 minutes. i dont think its that odd

As the game grows and player's experience grows they learn how to survive longer. Knowledge of areas and game places/mechanics etc is more readily out there then it used to be; the pile of info keeps growing.

Yeah, back when it was a bit older, people new to the game didn't know how to survive and where to go. But now people are becoming more known to where to go and what to do in order to stay alive.

I wonder what the expectancy is when you filter out anyone that died in under 5 minutes. Most of those are people looking for better spawn locations and putting no effort into it at all.

I'm pretty sure those are already filtered out. Nobody knows the exact amount of time though.

People quit, they dont login average increases.

Assuming it still counts people who arnt logged in.

Due to the Steam summer sale the Unique Players counter is increasing by about 30k players a day. I can not imagine that this massive amount of noobs really increases the average life expectancy.

Seems odd. Maybe it includes all the players who are alive but afraid to try 1.7.2 patches because they felt safe with 1.7.1.5.

Balls are in short demand it seems.

People who learned to play are surviving longer.

noobs who cant survive are rage quitting.

that is all.