Sign in to follow this  
Kyle.ver.2.0

Heli crash site loot spawns

So I have seen a few videos and what not on heli crash sites and the such. I've looted many but I wonder if there is something I'm missing. Where does loot spawn at heli crashes? I've seen loot underneath the body, by the blades and all that jazz BUT is there anywhere else I should be looking? I saw one video where the small ventilation squares and the nose some times have loot in them. So anyone know for sure?

I'd like to know, too.

The two crashes I've come upon only had one gun, in the grass (I think maybe someone else looted them first and missed what I got)...

But what to expect?

I'm already fighting off the zombies that spawn nearby and worrying about the players that will swarm the site based on the gunfire. I want to get in and out ASAP.

I just search the entire fucking thing, rofl.

• Like 2

I'm already fighting off the zombies that spawn nearby and worrying about the players that will swarm the site based on the gunfire. I want to get in and out ASAP.

It is not that helpful to avoid players, but since shots are attractive to them as well,

i suggest to toss 1-2 smokes vs zeds and ninja the loot.

Edited by foamy

I'd like to know, too.

The two crashes I've come upon only had one gun, in the grass (I think maybe someone else looted them first and missed what I got)...

But what to expect?

I've ran into about 8 since I started playing(maybe a month ago) and I have found SOME of the rare guns, bizon, fal. I just wonder if there is something I'm missing.

LMAO

It is not that helpful to avoid players, but since shots are attractive to them as well,

i suggest to toss 1-2 smokes vs zeds and ninja the loot.

I sneak my ass between the zeds then shoot them if they get in my way exiting

Helicopter Crash Sites

Helicopter Crash Sites can be found in various locations throughout Chernarus and are most commonly found on open fields or on hillsides. The locations of the crash sites vary for each server. These sites are excellent for looting as they contain some of the best weapons that you may find in the DayZ world.

Crash Sites can spawn extremely rare weapons that cannot be found anywhere else such as the L85A2 AWS and FN FAL ANPV S4.

The weapons that spawn here are often British and of high quality and the zombies that wander around it also usually carry around some minor military type items.

Each crash site seems to have 6 loot spots. Swaying your crosshair around the ground is recommended, as tall grass or a slight slope may cause weapons to be hidden underground, but still lootable.

• Like 1

Most of the time they are already at least partially looted.

Of the 6 heli crash sites i've found so far, two were completely empty, one had only a l85 aws without ammo (which i immediatly dropped since i was a total noob and didnt know how rare it was), two had a FN FAL with some ammo but nothing else, and ONE that was completely untouched and it had at least two FN FALs, one M107 and some stuff on the other side that i didnt bother to check out since i just grab a FAL, the m107 and ran :D

But yea, most of the time the best stuff has already been taken by someone else.

The drops themselves are usually found ~1m next to the helicopter and sometimes under its tail but afaik should be fairly easy to see.

Edited by vile.
  • Like 1

Look carefully in the grass around the heli, sometimes its half buried. Try in FPS view, can be easier too. There's up to 6 loot piles I think (am I right?).

FN FAL is like the most common gun I find on helis, but that's really good gun though.

• Like 2

Each crash site seems to have 6 loot spots. Swaying your crosshair around the ground is recommended, as tall grass or a slight slope may cause weapons to be hidden underground, but still lootable.

Look carefully in the grass around the heli, sometimes its half buried. Try in FPS view, can be easier too. There's up to 6 loot piles I think (am I right?).

FN FAL is like the most common gun I find on helis, but that's really good gun though.

Thank you two, exactly the answer I was looking for, 6 spots all in the grass around the heli, AWESOME.

Sometimes it's scattered around, sometimes right under the tail. You gotta hunt, just be ready for a sniper to take you out at any time.

Just search EVERYWHERE around/below the heli crash. Sometimes things are in wierd places.

3-6 usually for stashes, just keep checking high and low (:

Edited by kozzy

Are the ammo containers a rare spawn at helicopter crash sites? I've found 2 ammo containers in 2 different helicopters, both of them containing +70 STANAG mags.

Pretty much this. Check right around it as well as underneath it: that's how I found a M249 once at an otherwise picked-clean site.

I have a question.

Does helicopters loot respawn? or how does helicoptor loot respawning work?

No.

On server restart helis respawn in random locations.. but once looted they remain empty.

So....

All of the loot is on the ground around the helicopter?

Apparently, I am in the right area. I found another this afternoon.. That's three today.

I found a Bizon and I have an FN FAL in my Alice.

I need to get tents Up to start storing. I lost my M14 AIM when the ground ate it trying to stick the FAL into my pack :(

No.

On server restart helis respawn in random locations.. but once looted they remain empty.

how many heli sites per server are there?

I always wonder after I find one if I should keep looking on that server

Thats a good question I would love to know that too?

I've heard three, but some people have said they found 5 once on the same server. It may be a random number, who knows.

Read a thread yesterday where some admin of a server was saying theres a script that spawns 1-5 crashed helis upon restart, so i am guessing it's random.

I looted one that had a few good weapons all around it. I left and not 60seconds later 2 other players showed up. I just laid far away with my new rifle waiting for one of them to murder the other so I could avenge it.

They must have been friends :(

top i have seen was four in one server and they were all close together XD

and they were all looted :|

Edited by Kyle.ver.2.0

I looted one that had a few good weapons all around it. I left and not 60seconds later 2 other players showed up. I just laid far away with my new rifle waiting for one of them to murder the other so I could avenge it.

They must have been friends :(

Was this today? That might have been me, actually.