GrAnzSkY

Death By Laddar!?

I'm not to sure if this has happened to any of you. But ladders...

It's happened 3 times now. I have scavenged for hours on end and then decide to camp upon a roof or something similar to survive and survey the area.

Upon climbing the ladder my character puts away is weapon which seems appropriate but once he finished climbing, he stands back hovering above the ladder, pulls out his weapon followed by falling off and falling to my death...

You need to have a primary weapon out when you go up ladders. But im not sure why you would die from that 3 times now. If it didn't work the first 2 times, then chances are the third wouldn't.

My friend got killed by ladders in previous version. He was at army base in cherno airport climbed the ladder and he died. I had different experience i climbed in helicopter and died but that has been recently patched and fixed.

If you must climb with a pistol, as you get near the top spam the crouch key, and looking upwards to the right or left at same time seems to help.

Obviously if you have a primary weapon (the big slot) climb with that and you will have no issues, its just the pistol.

ladders are hit and miss for me, especially the ones on the deer stands

Yeah it was one of the deer stands that killed me. There was an AK47 sitting there so I kept attempting to climb it until I fell, broke my leg and bled out.

Climbing ladders is apparently easier than using the search feature implemented for searching threads that may have already discussed similar things.

Apparently your previous comment was more broken than the ladder climbing.

Yeah it was one of the deer stands that killed me. There was an AK47 sitting there so I kept attempting to climb it until I fell' date=' broke my leg and bled out.

[/quote']

depending on where the stuff on the deer stand lies, you can try to climb up, but only as much that you don't leave it, then use the G key, grab the stuff and climb back down without ever leaving it

Yeah it was just out of reach therefore making me climb the entire bloody thing. :\

Ladders are dropping people left and right. I watched guy climb a deerstand, then watched him bleed to death so I could get his beans.

I did however let him know that he could spam crouch and he'd have a better chance.

As for holstering pistols I'm not sure, Ive never done it, I cant remember the command.

Good Luck

Since I started spamming V at the tops of ladders, the world of ladder climbing has been my unbroken legged oyster.

Climb with a primary. It's simple, don't go on ladders until you've got a primary if'n you can't figure out how to holster a pistol.

Getting a primary should be one of your first goals anyhow.

There is no way to holster your pistol! Either equip your primary or drop your pistol on the ground before climbing up.