Sign in to follow this  
Jack Lz

DayZ Do's and Don'ts

Hello all, I'm trying to create an ez to read database of do's and don'ts .

Feel free to contribute anything of value, even a little humor is fine.

Some of these are subjective so if you dont agree thats cool too.

Do's

Always have morphine in you main inventory,if u break a leg you may not be able to take it from your pack before you pass out.

Have a good time and realize everything you have can be gotten back in a couple of hours searching.

When your hunger/thirst meter starts blinking you have 5-10 minutes before you actually start taking damage, every minute you wait is an extra minute looking for more food.

If you see someone on top of a building, they are not friendly.

farming a grid? take everything including trash, nothing else will respawn until all loot is taken or server restart.

When switching primaries switch from backpack to inventory, do not switch from your main slot to your backpack, you will lose a gun.

Don'ts

Never go prone on stairs

Epipens imo are worthless,tho i dont team up much

Dont be afraid to use your new shiny weapon, At some point your blood will be all over it and it's really just a matter of how clips you didn't use and let someone else have.

Don't be the guy who rambles on the teamspeak, sure you think you sound cool, but it does get old.

And never EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES go to green mountain!!!

• Like 2

I love green mountain, always a good zombie battle there.

Do;

- Bind surrender key.

Don't;

- Alt + F4 in a conflict.

- Server Hop

- Hack

- Bitch on Forums

-MONSTER

• Like 3

Haha I love the part about rambling on ts. Reminds me of a cople of people I am constantly switching channels because of.

What exactly is wrong with green man btw besides a waste of time?

Do:

-Speed run through cherno at spawn and sprint north

-Take your time

-Shoot on sight

Don't:

-Give out your location in side/global chat..

-Climb prone close to a roof's edge (unless you don't care about falling off on accident)

-Shoot on sight

-Drive without a debug monitor

-Drive fast on an atv over a bridge or in a forest/hilly area

Do's

-When traveling in a group always carry at least 1 extra of each medical supply

- If you have a vehicle, always have a spare tire in the vehicles inventory and a Jerry can

- When in PvP hotspots do not fire your main weapon unless you are aiming at another player

-Always make sure when you have a grenade, that it is not selected when you are trying to fire your weapon

Dont's

- Never run in front of your teammates line of fire

- Never leave yourself in the open or without cover

"What exactly is wrong with green man btw besides a waste of time? "

its the new meme i was havin my funsies.

But seriously...dont go to green mountain.

Edited by Jack Lz

Never go prone on stairs

Actually, never go prone on small objects coming out of the ground, like rocks, door frames, tree stumps, etc...

And also be very careful when opening doors or gates as they can crush you to death.

On my first decently geared character, i thought id loot one more building before logging off so i went into a small residential building that was completely surrounded by zeds.

Not wanting to draw aggro i closed the doors and used prone to crawl from room to room and after i went over a 2 cm high door frame my legs were broken and i lost ~2k blood.

After that i thought np, ill just log off in the forest until a friend can bring me some morphine.

Then on my way out of the building the damn door broke my neck and killed me with -37k blood :D

So yea, be careful while prone and around doors.

Do

-Carry one morphine, one food, one drink and a couple bandages at all times

Don't

-Crouch walk near a building ledge and hit the prone button. I realized that last night when my guy did the little running dive animation and took a gainer off a building in Cherno. <_<

Don't

-Crouch walk near a building ledge and hit the prone button. I realized that last night when my guy did the little running dive animation and took a gainer off a building in Cherno. <_<

lol, that reminds me of one of the first times my mates and i were raiding berezino.

Me and two other guys were going to raid the supermarket after clearing out the apartments while i hear another on ts:

"dont worry guys, i'll cover you from the roof of the apartment building!"

5 seconds later ---> "WHAT THE FUCK!?!? i'm dead :("

Edited by vile.

Do:

Aim for the head at all times

Try and get hold of a water bottle pronto

Crawl near Zeds during the day, Crouch Run/Walk at night for minimum visibility

Don't:

Cry like a bitch when you eventually die

Run through a field before you have scoped out the treelines

Ever go to Green Mountain alone

Actually i am currently logged out right next to Green Mountain and i plan on heading up there at night - i dont expect to be coming back. Look out for me, i am sure i will be one of the Zeds!