When somebody gets shot, you know how blood goes everywhere?

Well I was thinking that the blood should leave a trail. Why? It makes people that are injured easier to track down.

I'm not sure how well the engine works, but I know that there is blood splatter decals in the game. Maybe it could just use that.

Feedback and ideas to improve this suggestion would be appreciated.

• Like 4

I like this idea too. Combined with footprints and a few other bits & bobs could make for some interesting tracking opportunities.

+1. I think blood trails (and footprints) would be the only reason I'd want to go "manhunting" every now and then.

The footprints don't stick around long enough to help with finding people...

I do think that footprints should last long if you walk though water or mud... That would be interesting.

On the blood trail, there could be different types of blood trails such as drips from conventional bleeding that would be hard to spot at a glance, and blood smears. Blood smears would come from crawling while prone or with broken legs. Also, the blood would be more realistic if when it first appears it is really bright red, and over time it turns to a darker brown. So yeah I was watching a deer hunting and tracking video and I thought this would be a good addition to the game. Props to you for thinking of it first! Hope the devs look into this.

A blood trail could lead to some pretty unique situations. I'm not sure how it would be implemented, but it would be nice to be able to track someone who has been wounded.

Not to mention the psychological effects of stumbling upon a trail of blood completely by accident. My heart skips a beat when I see movement, I can't imagine what it would be like to see a trail of blood leading into a building I'm surveying.

nice idea! the only problem i see is that most people will stop the bleeding as soon as they can or they will bleed out anyways. so this limits the use of this to very few situations where you for example hunt someone down you just shot once in close proximity and then try to go finish him/her off. what i'm trying to say is people hardly bleed for so long that it would justify the effort to put something like that in the mod. it would make more sense if the bleeding mechanic would be changed a bit.

for example that people would leave lots of blood on the ground while they're actually bleeding and once they put on a bandage it keeps slowly dripping increasing the distance between blood stains. so you'd have to wait untill the wound fully closed up.

nice idea! the only problem i see is that most people will stop the bleeding as soon as they can or they will bleed out anyways. so this limits the use of this to very few situations where you for example hunt someone down you just shot once in close proximity and then try to go finish him/her off. what i'm trying to say is people hardly bleed for so long that it would justify the effort to put something like that in the mod. it would make more sense if the bleeding mechanic would be changed a bit.

for example that people would leave lots of blood on the ground while they're actually bleeding and once they put on a bandage it keeps slowly dripping increasing the distance between blood stains. so you'd have to wait untill the wound fully closed up.

I see lots of people running from zombies while bleeding. This can help you track them down. Also if you shoot somebody while they are out of cover, this would be very handy if you lose sight.