Askar

Fix for spawning as a new character without having died

Hey guys, I'm making this because I've seen about 10 topics on this issue today and replying to each and every one is inefficient and redundant.

In the past few days, I've logged out on perfectly fine characters and logged back in as a completely new spawn, no less than 5 times. I've managed to find a fix that has worked for almost everyone I've met that experienced this issue (with two anomalous exceptions), and it's relatively simple.

Just log in to the new character, click respawn, and log out. You'll get your old character back the majority of the time, if not, I suggest also attempting to join a different server. This has worked every time for me, once just an hour ago. Some people have also reported getting the character back if they died normally on the new spawn, though I'd advise you to click respawn instead of attempting to live the new life simply because I haven't heard any real theories on why this bug is ocurring or how it works.

This also applies to instances where you log in and immediately receive a "you were killed" message. I received this yesterday, and when spawning as a fresh spawn I clicked respawn and regained my old character.

Hope this helps! If it does, please leave a message so we can keep this near the top. While I was typing this 2 more threads about the issue appeared :)

This happened to me last week, but when I logged back on the next day I had all my stuff and was in teh correct position. Was wierd!@

I just logged in and the respawn is greyed out doesn't let me click it

the other day this happened and I played another charactor all day then today when I logged in the original charactor was back but new charactor gone then when I logged out and back in I got the message "I was killed" and had new spawn with greyed out respawn option......now I have no charactors but my newby. I don't mind dying from bandits or zeds but to loose everything to the "Monster Glitch" suks

i dont know are u talking only chernarus servers but i am having problems with characters too! i have been playing on lingor and panthera servers lets say about week or two and i should have characters on 3 servers but now they are all gone! dont know why and these servers are not private servers where you can only keep the same character. if somebody have same problems post me and tell if there is something to do.. and i know that i can always start over but it still pisses of to loose some good gear and stuff.

Yep happened to me...think it's the new map updates

i dont know are u talking only chernarus servers but i am having problems with characters too! i have been playing on lingor and panthera servers lets say about week or two and i should have characters on 3 servers but now they are all gone! dont know why and these servers are not private servers where you can only keep the same character. if somebody have same problems post me and tell if there is something to do.. and i know that i can always start over but it still pisses of to loose some good gear and stuff.

Seriously dude, you need to stop spamming the same paragraph.

When it says creating on te loading screen push escape and when it loads up you get the option to respawn

Didnt Work for me... Respawn was greyed, I choose to search a zombie than it killed me than I pressed escape and left server restarted game and joined a different server and just simply got another character near coast...