When I install the new patch and try to join a server through Six Launcher I get a battle eye error that says "Bad player name". Anybody else get this?

Jep, got that to, my ingame name is just Michael, don't see how that can be a bad player name. Played yesterday without a problem.....

Ive got this problem too. Mine is "mike"

I played yesterday without a problem (After trying for an hour to find a server that worked that is).

I know this is alpha - The in game bugs are understandable. But the getting down to playing this game takes the absolute biscuit. Which is a shame as the game is interesting.

I had to launch the game out side of the DayZ mod, and in the settings there was a place to put in the name you wanted to use, sorry don't have access to the game right now to say exactly where it was. Once I did that got rid of that annoying issue.

Had this issue aswell even change my player name to see if it would work still nothing was playing yesterday fine but now its not working :/

Yepp. I can confirm that this works. Just go into arma operation arrowhead on steam and make a new profile. This will not delete your stuff and I now look like a zombie :D

Hi all,

I have only one question.

Why my player name is bad ?

He was not bad yesterday and the day before :/

I cant joined any server to day.

I've seen a lot of people reporting this lately, i'm not 100% sure but I think its a problem with a six launcher update? or at least that's what I've been hearing.

• Like 1

What helped me:

Start normal Arma OA and make a New Profile (dont erase old One) and select it. Close, Start DayZ.

Worked for me

The reason your name is bad is because your creativity is on par with the difference between falling from a crane and falling from a lighthouse.

-MONSTER

What's the player name?

A lot of players are trying things where their name turns into a blank when they connect, or are using unusual characters.

Use regular, basic characters and I'm sure it will go away.

I have the same error. But where at arrowhead on steam do I make a new profile?

Edited by Targeter_NL

The problem is fixed in the latest beta 95099.

At the time that I write there is no BE support, this should be within the next few hours.

Linky http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2190710

Also I will move this to Troubleshooting for better viewing.

Thanks.

Edited by Boneboys

Update.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137322-Kicked-with-quot-Bad-player-name-quot-request-to-help&p=2190865&viewfull=1#post2190865

+

* fixed bad playername issue

+ beta in Sync with 1.61 RC3 candidate for these who don't want install 1.61 RC3

+new BE installers included within

+ some other fixes

BattlEye status: ... pending ...

I had to launch the game out side of the DayZ mod, and in the settings there was a place to put in the name you wanted to use, sorry don't have access to the game right now to say exactly where it was. Once I did that got rid of that annoying issue.

this worked for me, thank you wraith, i was getting very very distraught over this issue

Beta 95099...

* fixed bad playername issue + beta in Sync with 1.61 RC3 candidate for these who don't want install 1.61 RC3

+new BE installers included within

+ some other fixes

BattlEye status: ... SUPPORTED ...