AnonDayZ (DayZ)

Tents, tents everywhere as far as the eye can see...

So, you've learned the game. You've memorised and have the map. You know zombies agro and how to deal with it. You've learnt nobody can be trusted except for clan mates.

Then, out of the forest, the ultimate enemy appears... TENTS. TENTS EVERYWHERE!

And not just tents that are empty. These tents are full of gear. These tents are indestructible and they breed. They breed and they create more items.

NOBODY CAN DEFEAT THE TENTS.

Okay but seriously... when can we expect to see the bugged tents fixed or the tent cities wiped?

The duping bug with tents whether intentional or unintentionally is creating a huge gap between experienced players and newbies or casuals. It is also creating a false environment for the game - taking away all survivor experience completely.

Oh, I died and lost my AS50, Ghillie, thermal scope gun, NV blah blah blah. It's okay. My clan has a tent city somewhere that always spawns with duped gear.

Why scavenge? The tents are the new replicators - they are the machines from Star Trek that create anything you want. Just get the item from somewhere and bang - you can have that item forever.

You don't even have to try and exploit. You just use the tent as intended and next server restart - woopee, more items.

We actually tried to kill our tents last night. We drove a tractor over our tent city and then for good measure fired several rounds of grenades into it.

But guess what, after restart - it was all back, gear and all.

Sigh. And yes - we've stopped even using the tents - but unfortunately it still provides an infinite spawn for anyone lucky enough to stumble on it. We've probably accidentally equipped several lucky passing strangers with top end military gear already.

Please for the love of God, someone stop this tent MENACE!!!

Edited by AnonDayZ
  • Like 11

They are tents created for one purpose;

To destroy the world of men.

• Like 4

This needs to be sorted as its taking away all what this game stands for. Basically you can play as kiddy, lose everything, then come to your growing tent town where you can get anything ever.

Before when you got AS50, you were happy and played cautiously. Now noone cares about this.

Either give server administrators ability to completely wipe server if this things happen, or please let us know officialy and do something about it Hive wise.

Also i cant imagine how many hackers are abusing this issue. They now dont even need to actually "hack" using scripts.

They just create tent city and get gear without any issues...

• Like 2

Wiping tent cities will not do shit. 2 days after the wipe, new tent cities have been constructed. New bases have been made.

Tents will prevail. They rule us all.

I think individuals should only be allowed 1 tent or hiddy hole with X number number o spaces.

• Like 1

just remove tents, no massive gear stockpiles and the room in your pack starts having real meaning again too beyond .. stuff i deceded to go snipe noobs in cherno with today

Edited by stuffnthings
  • Like 2

Yes, because in a real zombie apocalypse, individuals would only set up 1 tent and if they set up more, they will be struck by God and instantly killed.

Should tents be removed from the game entirely or some useless thing like "1 tent/individual", people would start using vehicles as storage more than they do at the moment. What will happen then? You will start complaining about that. "Uuuuh, yea they got 1 tent filled with gear and 2 urals filled with stuff too, its unfair advantages, the vehicles needs to be removed!"

This whole thing is ridicilous, where does it end? Really?

I'm not asking for the tents to be destroyed all the time.

I'd like the tents to work as intended. If you put something in the tents, the tent should not create more - it should not breed more tents, nor should it be indestructible.

Rewarding hard work and hoarding - A OK. That's what we like. Clans who go out, create a secret base and then stock it themselves, keep it stocked and defend it.

Having a feature that breaks the game due to bugs - not so OK :)

A middle ground is called for... you know - where tents work as intended...

• Like 4

In case you did not know, entering and navigating around a self replicating tentville with barbed wire everywhere is the endgame so many people are asking about.

hmm i was just about to make a tentpost, but not about too many tents, but tents disapearing after 1 day...

hmm i was just about to make a tentpost, but not about too many tents, but tents disapearing after 1 day...

The server you were playing on was most likely out of sync with the hive when you put them up :(

The server you were playing on was most likely out of sync with the hive when you put them up :(

bummer, filled it up with pretty much all that was needed if i died...

The problem isnt tents itself. Problem is they do replicate and breed stuff by themself right after server restart.

This is the fact which needs to be adressed.

I dont see any issue if you have stuff in tents and it gets stolen / taken away.

Problem is, you take stuff out, and it replicates. From 1 L85, we had 4 L85s etc.

Also big problem is, when you decide to destroy tents, run them over with tractor, then they need to DIE. Period. They shouldnt respawn again with all gear.

Removing tents wont make realistic feeling over at apocalypse world. They are nice addition. But make them work as intended. Not as infinite gear spawn machines

• Like 1

Tents would be just fine if the duping exploits were fixed.

Yes, I agree with Tyrog! I want pics! Also a grid location. And a server number. No real reason. Just for my own records.

• Like 1

You can fix them by taking all the stuff out and saving it.

I'm fairly sure that's how we fixed some tents in the wild before.

just remove tents, no massive gear stockpiles and the room in your pack starts having real meaning again too beyond .. stuff i deceded to go snipe noobs in cherno with today

this. remove tents until duping is fixed.

this also seems to be happening with cars, my clan has had a yellow hatchback for days now, its blown up 3 times and was always found at the place before being blown up, Indestructible cars ftw

Just found one with about 30 tents, in US 10 Chicago. Has about 10 NVGs, 10 Ghillie suits, tons of weapons etc. etc. that will always come back when server restarts. If someone really wants to exploit it, feel free to do so, you idiot. Just search it for the next 3 hours. :P

Funny thing is, I played the game for over a week and never came upon this bug. Over the last two days, tho, I unintentionally created two replicating tents myself (due to a tent eating up my items, and me wanting to replace them) and came across a hidden tent city with full replicating uber-gear. Also a friend became victim of an inventory bug that, no matter what he does, always revert his inventory to whatever he had at a certain point (fortunately he had almost all tools, an M16, food and drink. Unfortunately he didn't have a sidearm or bandages, so if he carries them around and gets disconnected without storing them first, those will be lost.

This is really taking away from the game for me right now. I mean, inventory (both disappearing and duplicating) in a game in which loot is everything? I get it, it's an alpha. Still. Fixing these should be top priority.

Edited by takfar

It's alpha. The team has better things to do than waste time on trivial shit like your tents. If it was beta fine, but let things like this go and start doing your job as testers. You're here to make Day Z's trip to beta and then final release quicker, not cry about tents, and/or people stealing your gear.

Edited by Lobo

I have the following bugs with tents:

1. Every tent I put down, stays for ever. Even if I pick it up again. I end up with tents all over as I play as a roaming lone wolf. Its like a leave a tent trail.

2. The usual, "tent ate my gear". I have tents that eat everything, tents that eat things I am clicking on, tents that eat items (especially guns) which already have the same gun in the tent. There is no pattern to which tent eats which gear. I thought it was illegal tent placement (i.e. partway in a rock), but nope, I have seen tents in rocks save gear, and tents in the open eat it.

3. Moving tents (yes). I have seen tents in the open next to a rock, slide into the rock and become inaccessible each server start. This has happened 2 times

4. Tents re-spawning from a pre-server restart save point. This causes most of the duping. We have a group of 7 tents, and they are like a loot pinata. This ruins the game as a lone wolf as I like finding stuff. Why bother farming deer stands for the rare drops like a DMR? Hey, our tents spawn 1 each restart 4 times a day. o.0

5. Tents being bugged, and then not being bugged. So we have a tent that ate gear for 2-3 days. And then it didnt.

6. Duplicating tents. Want an extra tent? Take down a tent, use the packed tent. Come back after the restart and after bug [1] you have the tent back. With gear. Or maybe not, o.0

7. I had a tent that the wind broke once in RL. Dayz tents can take a direct HE grenade hit and be destroyed until..... server reset. You cannot destroy them. They are too strong. Flee!

The1st and 6th bug is the cause of the tent cities. As you only need to find 1 tent and you have infinite tents. I could coat the entire world with the copies of 1 tent. A random number of which would actually work. Fixes: You find 1 tent, it stays 1 tent, it saves stuff. People can nick your stuff (and I would like your tent as well). Tents are a rare supermarket drop.

TLDR Tents break DAYZ completely. Remove them until fixed.

• Like 1

The team has better things to do than waste time on trivial shit like your tents.

There's nothing "trivial" here ... Tent duping + gear duping warps the game mechanics and rules to the point, that there's no need to raid places like NWA or Heli crash sites again, ever ... or any other places, since you can dupe whatever you need.