semipr0

Two computers, different IP's, same house, cannot connect to same server

Registry keys are completely different for ours. So unfortunately its not as simple as that.

I really think this is something that's been introduced with the recent beta client/server software.

So it's not the registry thing... hmmm. This is definitely an interesting topic, I'm afraid I can't be of much help at the moment but I'd love to know if/how you solved it so please keep us informed.

I really think this is something that's been introduced with the recent beta client/server software.

Downgrade both clients to a previous beta patch and to DayZ 1.7.1.5 installation and see if it works - that will prove/disprove your hypothesis

Edited by DocTolly

So it's not the registry thing... hmmm. This is definitely an interesting topic, I'm afraid I can't be of much help at the moment but I'd love to know if/how you solved it so please keep us informed.

Downgrade both clients to a previous beta patch and to DayZ 1.7.1.5 installation and see if it works - that will prove/disprove your hypothesis

I think I may do that, my wife and I played successfully under 1.7.2.3 with the 94876 beta, but several Arma beta updates and incremental DayZ patches later, now we can't.

Far as backing down our installs I can do that manually easy enough for testing purposes. So I'll give that a try tomorrow. Today I spent most of the day trying different router/port solutions that produced absolutely no results.

If a downgrade does work though, only way we're going to get BIS's attention on the issue is if the Dev-Heaven JIRA gets some people voting behind it. Otherwise its just piss in the wind.

Edited by semipr0

Me and my friend have the same problem, it worked the first hours, and now it dont work anymore :(

Any 1 found a fix?

Edited by Distance

i may have a solution to the problem, my 2 other friends are living in the same house (home with mom) and they have no problems at all, but 1 is connected to the router through wireless and the other trough cable. you can try that and post a reply if it works :) i currently dont have wireless card, so i guess ill try and connect with 2 routers.

i may have a solution to the problem, my 2 other friends are living in the same house (home with mom) and they have no problems at all, but 1 is connected to the router through wireless and the other trough cable. you can try that and post a reply if it works :) i currently dont have wireless card, so i guess ill try and connect with 2 routers.

That wouldn't change your external IP as you're still connecting through the same gateway, it just sounds like you're on an older version, really lucky, or the server you're playing on is not enforcing duplicate IP rules.

Reply from BIS seems to indicate that this may be a Arma 2 Beta server issue. But they don't have enough information yet.

So anyone else experiencing this issue should definitely go to the Bohemia Interactive site and file a support request with BIS or add something to the Dev-Heaven JIRA report at this link https://dev-heaven.net/issues/37534

its a server option contact the server admin and see if they can help if not join NY 7 or 8 we have that option disabled so duplicate ips can play together also send me nudes of your wfe if shes hot.

Edited by joed9988

its a server option contact the server admin and see if they can help if not join NY 7 or 8 we have that option disabled so duplicate ips can play together also send me nudes of your wfe if shes hot.

Thats actually allow duplicate ID's, which doesn't have anything to do with network addresses. My clan is running a server and we updated the config to test that today and its not applicable to network address, just duplicate game ID's

I had the same issue and this is how I fixed it.

Both computers on my end were using six launcher when we couldnt connect together. For whatever reason I tried running day through Arma 2 launcher while my brother used six launcher and it worked and has worked ever since.

I run DayZ Commander and she runs Six Launcher. But I'll see if we get anything off internal game browser.

i play dayz with my house-mate all the time on the same servers, we haven't opened ports or anything, I dont no what youre problem is but i doubt its your network setup. Especially since it did work and now it doesnt.

We both use Six Launcher.

Sorry i cant offer any solutions.

Edited by Mallick

I had the same issue and this is how I fixed it.

Both computers on my end were using six launcher when we couldnt connect together. For whatever reason I tried running day through Arma 2 launcher while my brother used six launcher and it worked and has worked ever since.

No doing it this way continues to boot one computer if the other joins the server.

I'm not sure but all I have to say is wow.. that is so awesome that your wife is also into this!

None of the women i've been with have been into games.. in a way it's good I guess as I need time to myself, but that would be interesting.

Sorry to hear that you have problems playing dayz on two computers sharing an internet connection. I have played dayz with a friend from two computers sharing an internet connection a number of times without any problems. This includes some of the most recent betas. As you have already checked that you do not use the same cd-key it should also work for you given that your internet connection is fast enough. Many internet connections have much better download capacity than upload capacity, but since you have played other games it should not be a problem in your case. I would look for a server with only a few players and see if it works... And remember that sometimes it takes a very long time for your player to load...

Seems like 95168 has more problems than it fixes, and the change log for it is fairly ambiguous in regards to whether it actually fixes it or not.

BIS Support has recommended downgrading to 94444 and sticking with it til there is a fix, god knows if there is a fix at all.

one thing i could add to this is your router is the problem. either your isp is only giving your one ip. and your forced to split it with a router. or you could solve this with a switch.

Well we had this problem my friend and his brother couldnt play on the same server. I talked to the server admin he said he would look into it. He changed some option on his server and now they can join fine so i dunno what the problem is but its definitly somthing the admin has control over.

one thing i could add to this is your router is the problem. either your isp is only giving your one ip. and your forced to split it with a router. or you could solve this with a switch.

No, that's not how networking works. Even with a switch, all it's doing is assigning more internal IPs to your devices through your router (or whatever device is handing out IPs). Your ISP will only give you 1 external IP per line you have with them. The only other option is to VPN tunnel through another machine outside of your network.

I read thru the posts but I do not recall seeing it mentioned.

Have either of you tried setting -port=2302 for 1 client and -port=???? (something larger than 2306) for the other client?

So that the server sees you connecting as 2 separate connections from the same IP.

I read thru the posts but I do not recall seeing it mentioned.

Have either of you tried setting -port=2302 for 1 client and -port=???? (something larger than 2306) for the other client?

So that the server sees you connecting as 2 separate connections from the same IP.

Yes I actually attempted running both our computers using different Arma Ports specifically assigned in the _runOAbeta command file string. Even in that situation, connecting to the same server via the internal server browser we still cannot play on the same server.

I've also added the -port commands to our additional launch parameters for Steam with no luck there, and even tried the flags on the executables themselves with no luck.

Our clan runs a server the only thing in server.cfg that allows you to attempt to allow multiple connections from the same person is allowDuplicateIDs, which does not apply to network addresses it applies to CD key registry values.