thorlax

[suggestion] finding out info on bodies

Now what im talking about is adding a feature to the game where you can look at the bodies when you go through the inventory or something and see how long the body has been there (only roughly) as in between 1 and 2 hours or 3 and 5 something like that or maybe if its really fresh body its a few min or 30 min something like that. Also when you find player bodies it would be good to know if they died by another person or by a zombie ( irl it would be easy to see if he got shot its another player if its zombie wounds it was zombies)

Well you can do that already to some extent. Problem is the information isnt there. Most of the time you get "Unknown was killed by Unknown." Having the information you are suggesting would be nice and add a bit more to the overall suspense of the game. I know I would be more worried finding a body at the airfield or in a small town that was killed 5 minutes ago by a gunshot wound. While being more relaxed by finding a similar body killed 30 minutes ago due to gnawing.

I've stumbled onto many a body and tried to inspect it but as Zog said, the feature as it stands does not work. I would like to see the following change:

Unknown was killed by Unkown

To:

The corpse of this survivor is still fresh, bullet holes mark his demise

Variant:

This corpse must have been here for a few hours, it's riddled with claw and bite marks

The descriptive literature could be randomized so that inspecting a corpse is always a fresh experience. Other information could be added such as how many bullet holes, what kind of bullet, where on his body?

(Headshot with a CZ 5 minutes ago? Time to GTFO!)

that would be good but maybe more time variants?

just curious on seeing how you would see this one being described?

i run into a bandit.. he shoots me i kill him/get away but im hit i also get hit by a zombie or too then i starve to death/bleed out / dehydrate to death due to player neglect....

not being too facetious just curious

perhaps just that it says "Player has bullet wounds but also zombie wounds, reason of death: Unknown'

Would be nice to know if bullet wounds are large or small. Could end up making me paranoid about snipers or AK loaded people around.