Sign in to follow this  
Anton17

What? Am I banned? Why? Bad player name?

So earlier today half the NZ servers went down and changed their clients. I didn't know what was going on but carried on playing on the other half. Now all of the servers have changed their clients so I check around and updated as advised... the new BETA patch and the BEClient.

Now it isn't letting me join any server, saying right after Wait for Host "You were kicked from the server. BattleEye: Bad player name".

Is this a ban? What happened? How can I resolve this?

I have played totally legitimately since day one. I have used questionable tactics (I did DC on two occasions when being shot at by unseen snipers or fallen from a ladder bug) but absolutely nothing that would have required a ban. I killed two people on my current life and neither of them showed up as murders (blew up one guy in a Tractor) and from the latter, I took an M4A1CCO and a Coyote pack.

The only thing I can think of is a couple of nights ago I joined NZ1 server (Orcon I think) and after playing in Elektro for about 15 minutes a bus showed up carrying about 20 people. There were so many people in the bus I thought it may have been animated... but no, they were all players! Of course I joined along, why wouldn't I? We drove around many towns including the NW airfield (at least I believe thats where it was, very large) and the only thing I had picked up was an AK47 from a military tent in Starry. The two players involved with the bus organization were Ventura and GhostGhille. After driving around for about three hours, including Ghille stopping off to pick up a Quad bike, they let us out at the petrol station near Polana and shot everyone that was left. I ran for it, zig-zagging into the woods where I dced with my heart racing.

If they were hackers, which I now believe them to be, why was it I was banned? I hadn't picked up any gear that was hacked, it was on the floor in the tent. I had simply ridden in this bus of which I had no idea that it may be illegitimate. If I had any idea that I was near anything involving hacking I would have DCed and changed server. Last night I was playing in NZ6 and heard a chopper come over Benezino. I DCed since I thought that to be hacker. If the gear from the player I killed in the tractor was hacked, I would have not stepped near it.

So what the hell is going on? Is this actually a ban? Is there any way to get it lifted? Who do I contact? Do I set up a new profile? Is it a BattleEye issue since I just updated it?

I paid $30 just to play DayZ and if I can no longer do that due to an unjust ban then I am going to be severely jareeted.

you where not banned

open arma oa go to profile make a second profile (dont) delete the main profile and make the second profile your main and dont worry your profiles share gear in Dayz so you will not lose your stuff

• Like 1

Jeez man, thank you! I did search but not thoroughly enough.

Thank you very much! Mods may delete/lock.

How do you change main accounts? I can't seem to find it anywhere...