MorninAfterKill

Maximize Frame Rate On DayZ and Arma2 - Low Frames Fix

I just tried this and launched with six launcher didn't work out :( later i'm going to set up dayz with steam and see how it works out for me :) but even if this doesn't work out thank you for the helpful post and you have my beans. :beans:

Edit: Playing DayZ through steam didn't help me out at all :(

Edited by Rampage202
  • Like 1

I just tried this and launched with six launcher didn't work out :( later i'm going to set up dayz with steam and see how it works out for me :) but even if this doesn't work out thank you for the helpful post and you have my beans. :beans:

Edit: Playing DayZ through steam didn't help me out at all :(

what hardware are you running, curious

Okey, I found this thread yesterday and thought I might aswell give it a try.

First my Computer Specs:

Intel i7 3770k @ 3.5 GHz

4GB GTX 690

16GB RAM

First i tried with my usual settings and got ~24 fps looking at elektro with every video settings on highest.

Changing the Threaded Optimization didnt change anything, so i turned it off instead. Mainly because Arma 2 oa doesnt seem to support hyper threading. (going to look closer on this)

Then i tried this fix, by editing my arma 2 oa config to the settings below and got ~35 fps

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=36;

winW=1653;

winH=944;

winDefW=1653;

winDefH=944;

Render_W=2560;

Render_H=1440;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=3;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=2;

HDRPrecision=16;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2062221312;

nonlocalVRAM=2147479552;

vsync=0;

AToC=7;

FXAA=0;

PPAA=0;

PPAA_Level=0;

Intel i7 3770k @ 3.5 GHz

4GB GTX 690

16GB RAM

First i tried with my usual settings and got ~24 fps looking at elektro with every video settings on highest.

Very odd.. I thought my computer was croaking and should buy a new one (exactly like yours). Currently I'm running:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 2,8GHz

GTX 460 1GB OC (Gigabyte's factory OC)

12GB DDR3 RAM

Running at 1920x1080, default .cfg files with 2x AA, FXAA at high, and everything at high (except post-processing disabled because I find it annoying) and depending on the server I get a constant fps in the lows or acceptable meds (15-45). Changing to lower settings has very little effect on framerate (good servers might get 60-70fps on ultrasuperlow at VGA resolution but I'd expect more..).

When I get home from the ranch I'll try all the tricks in this thread with FPS measurements on some stable server. Seems like hardware updating is not going to save me from bad FPS :D Thanks, this thread just saved me $2000

Okey, so now I've used the entire day to tweak my settings and the results are stunning. Now im getting constant 50 fps in towns... at max 60 (because I use V-sync) and its lowest was 43.... O_O

Not sure what happend or what caused it. besides I'm way to tired to write in detail about everything I did.

SxS

its increasing my fps alot but now i have those little freezes every few seconds like in ur video.

changed the settings back to default, much less fps but the freezes r gone.

damn cant i have the good fps without the freezes :) , anyways good post seemed to helped alot of ppl.

its increasing my fps alot but now i have those little freezes every few seconds like in ur video.

changed the settings back to default, much less fps but the freezes r gone.

damn cant i have the good fps without the freezes :) , anyways good post seemed to helped alot of ppl.

i dont really get any freezes, what i think you were seeing is the first stutter that usually happens after i start recording and its matching the frames per second at the amount i cap it at. the rest runs perfect.

what hardware are you running, curious

Im not too sure if this is what you mean but here are my specs i found Processor: AMD A8-3510MX APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.80 GHz RAM: 8.00 GB and my graphics card is Radeon 6620G

Im not too sure if this is what you mean but here are my specs i found Processor: AMD A8-3510MX APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.80 GHz RAM: 8.00 GB and my graphics card is Radeon 6620G

thats interesting. most people that have done this using a radeon card had no problems with this working for them. can i ask what type of frames youre getting now anyway and if you record what program youre using

thats interesting. most people that have done this using a radeon card had no problems with this working for them. can i ask what type of frames youre getting now anyway and if you record what program youre using

When I look out to the coast or if i'm in a open field I get around 40 - 50 frames when im in a forest I get 20 and every few seconds dips down to 15-18 frames and when i'm in a city i get around 15 frames also, I don't record while playing.

Edit: Actually when I posted that I tested it on a server with zero people. I just tried a server with aorund 30 - 40 and I got ten frames everywhere o.o

Edited by Rampage202

When I look out to the coast or if i'm in a open field I get around 40 - 50 frames when im in a forest I get 20 and every few seconds dips down to 15-18 frames and when i'm in a city i get around 15 frames also, I don't record while playing.

Edit: Actually when I posted that I tested it on a server with zero people. I just tried a server with aorund 30 - 40 and I got ten frames everywhere o.o

im scratching my head on this one....i just have nothing for you man. what settings are you running in game?

Edited by MorninAfterKill

im scratching my head on this one....i just have nothing for you man. what settings are you running in game?

These are the settings I usually use Texture Detail: Normal Video memory: Default Antistropic Filtering: Off Antialiasing: Off ATOC: Off Terrain Detail: Low Object Detail: Low Shadow Detail: Off HDR Quality: Normal PPAA: Off Post Process Effects: Off Vsync: Off and my Interface Resoulution and 3D resolution match.

Im going to try and re-install my game over night, I have done tons of tweaks to it to increase fps so maybe something was messing with the GPU thing just a thought though im not so sure if it will work out.

Edited by Rampage202

These are the settings I usually use Texture Detail: Normal Video memory: Default Antistropic Filtering: Off Antialiasing: Off ATOC: Off Terrain Detail: Low Object Detail: Low Shadow Detail: Off HDR Quality: Normal PPAA: Off Post Process Effects: Off Vsync: Off and my Interface Resoulution and 3D resolution match.

Im going to try and re-install my game over night, I have done tons of tweaks to it to increase fps so maybe something was messing with the GPU thing just a thought though im not so sure if it will work out.

yeah man it shouldnt give you any problems. honestly if i was you i'd probably try reinstalling it as well.

Well, after reinstalling the game I set the gpu frames thing to 1 and it was the same so I got an idea and just tried setting it to 0 and now in forests and cities I get 20 frames and in an open field still the same 40-50 but it hasnt had many lag spikes :D Anways thanks i am noticing a bit more of a boost and now its much easier to play than before :)

Hey guys, I know this thread hasn't been active for roughly a month, but thought I'd try my luck anyway.

I have tried all of the different options given in this Thread, but unfortunately not had any change to my fps which sits between 18-23, so any suggestions would be appreciated!

My Specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.21GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 2675MHz

MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A78T-E (AM3)

Graphics card: 1023MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (MSI)

Hard Drive: 932GB FUJITSU MAXTOR STM31000333AS ATA Device (SATA)

Im using a 7970, A card which should eat this game and spit it out and still be able to do it all over again. Everything maxed i run around 40fps. This fix did nothing for me.

No matter what setting i turn down. AA is the only setting which effects FPS. off its 68fps. on its 48fps (in current location) Every other setting does nothing.

XFX 7970 black edition 1100/1600

i7 2700k @4.6

16gb Vengeance RAM 1600

SSD (system and game)

2TB HD (fraps recording drive)

Asrock Extreme4 Gen3 mobo.

Edited by LOLinDayZ

I cant watch the video. I guess I'll go directly to MAK youtube page and check it out.

thanks to everyone on this thread.

Yeah, but would you have any idea on how to fix it ?

I mean seriously, 120fps in the wild down to 25 in a town, it's ridiculous.

Mate, when you are in towns go on object detail and put it down one by one until you have good fps.

Thanks a lot! Tried using this before, don't think it helped all that much. I'm playing on Low or Very Low at the moment and I get steady 30-60 frames per second, even when recording (1080p), but the graphics are not so nice. I used to have a "gaming PC" some 3.5 years ago, which is probably why I can't do much better with it.

If you think there may be something that can increase my quality and framerates, please do reply and I will give all attempts a can of beans, because It's appreciated.

My PC specs are as follows:

Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66 ghz

ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

4 GB DDR3 RAM

1 TB HDD (260 free)

Those are my specs, and as you can see, pretty outdated. When I used to run the game on med to high, I would get sometimes 30, sometimes 40, and sometimes 15-20 frames per second, and I didn't want to go very low because I actually tried it before and it did not really work that good (very low), it was the same as medium or high, just uglier. So, one day after a lot of tweaking, I noticed my graphics card was finally putting an effort to run the game on smooth constant FPS, because the temperature increased from it's idling temp (idling temp is 60-70 for it, and 100 on load. Quite high, yes, but apparently the 4850s are made to work regularly with 100-120, so should be ok).

If there's anything you may think of that can help me, please do reply to me.

Also I tried all sorts of config tweaking, including this one, and what seemed to have increased my performance a lot is setting Video memory to Default.

I run a Gigabyte windforce 2 nvidia GTX 670 and I lock my frames at 60 with everything up to max apart from HDR at Normal and I never see drops below 50 in busy parts. Changing this setting did not really have an impact on my performance as Arma2/DayZ requires more CPU. When I overclocked my i5 3.1ghz ivy bridge to 3.8ghz (easy overclock) per core DayZ frames shot up and maxed.

Recording your video really eats up CPU and I have tried a few methods but nothing was as good as using a hardware encoder like Avermedia's HD Gamer, this jumped up the quality of my YouTube videos.

This is my experience.