MorninAfterKill

Maximize Frame Rate On DayZ and Arma2 - Low Frames Fix

Would really appreciate some help from you, OP.

I can get 60 fps waaaay far north in the mountains away from all buildings and such but when I'm at a pretty small town such as krasnostov I get 15-25 fps while recording with fraps, usually under 20 with max graphics, minimum graphics have the same fps as max graphics for me. Seems like an ok fps but I can't personally handle it and I'm at a huge disadvantage if I run into another player. Your original video didn't change anything and I'm assuming that's because I'm using nvidia, here's my specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

I also tried everything else in this thread that either you or somebody else posted. Still getting below 20's in small towns. I've messed with the nvidia control panel and everything. If you happen to know anything else I can try I'd appreciate it.

I can get 60 fps waaaay far north in the mountains away from all buildings and such but when I'm at a pretty small town such as krasnostov I get 15-25 fps while recording with fraps, usually under 20 with max graphics, minimum graphics have the same fps as max graphics for me. Seems like an ok fps but I can't personally handle it and I'm at a huge disadvantage if I run into another player. Your original video didn't change anything and I'm assuming that's because I'm using nvidia, here's my specs:

I also tried everything else in this thread that either you or somebody else posted. Still getting below 20's in small towns. I've messed with the nvidia control panel and everything. If you happen to know anything else I can try I'd appreciate it.

honestly man beyond whats been posted in here on these pages (there are more informative nvidia posts on like page 4 iirc) i dont know what else to do other than say screw with the in game video settings, vsync and draw distance of the game to see if you have any difference in frames

Actually i just spoke with a friend, what are you using to launch your game? are you using a quick launcher or are you launching it from steam??

Thanks MorninAfterKill! I gave it a shot but I did not notice an improvement in fps... nevermind (I use ATI Radeon BTW). Does anyone know what the localVRAM and nonlocalVRAM settings in the Arma2OA.cfg are for? I have a graphics card with 1024 MB of dedicated memory and set the video memory option to "default" in dayZ. localVRAM and nonlocalVRAM were set to something like 300000000 (supposed to stand for ~300 MB?) by the game engine. I changed both to 1057497088 (~1024 MB?), just like in MorninAfterKill's cfg. However, it didn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas on what to do with those options?

hmmm any ideas if this is possible in the ATI control panel, i wouldnt mind using all 4 cores to run this :D

Sorry man, I have no clue xD But also thanks for the video it did help me. Also FPS is very connection dependent so its best to join servers with the lowest ping possible. So the quick match button is bad. Its best to find the best server possible for your connection@

So how would you do this if you bought the game with steam? I'm in steam>steamapps>common>arma2 and there are no config files in OA or vanilla arma. Can someone tell me how to find these files if you bought the game with steam.

Uhrm, even if I sound Like a total noob now. How do I find these files on XP when I got the game over steam? Seems like I am too retarded to find it.

I have a ati card 6970 has boosted me by about 15 fps all high without shadows cheers

Thanks MorninAfterKill! I gave it a shot but I did not notice an improvement in fps... nevermind (I use ATI Radeon BTW). Does anyone know what the localVRAM and nonlocalVRAM settings in the Arma2OA.cfg are for? I have a graphics card with 1024 MB of dedicated memory and set the video memory option to "default" in dayZ. localVRAM and nonlocalVRAM were set to something like 300000000 (supposed to stand for ~300 MB?) by the game engine. I changed both to 1057497088 (~1024 MB?), just like in MorninAfterKill's cfg. However, it didn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas on what to do with those options?

I have 4gig installed and it reads like this

localVRAM=394123264;

nonlocalVRAM=394123264;

Hey buddy,

Did as instructed in the video and what do you know, no more artifacts on the screen! Not sure what you did or how you did it but thanks! :beans:

Hey buddy,

Did as instructed in the video and what do you know, no more artifacts on the screen! Not sure what you did or how you did it but thanks! :beans:

glad it helped you out some! lots of people have been saying its helped them loads....cant be more than pleased with how many people are having better experiences!

First of all thanks for this method but i tried to put "1" on those lines and i guess my performance isn't increased ( still didn't try to check read only, ill try it in a moment) than i changed those values to "0" and i guess my performance increased like 5 fps maybe ? is there a difference between 1 and 0 ?

by the way i'm running this game on macbook pro late 2011 with hd 6770m via bootcamp

edit:nothing changed after checked "read only"

Edited by urascezer

First of all thanks for this method but i tried to put "1" on those lines and i guess my performance isn't increased ( still didn't try to check read only, ill try it in a moment) than i changed those values to "0" and i guess my performance increased like 5 fps maybe ? is there a difference between 1 and 0 ?

by the way i'm running this game on macbook pro late 2011 with hd 6770m via bootcamp

edit:nothing changed after checked "read only"

honestly last time i used a mac was when they had floppy disks and one mouse key and ran off C prompt commands only. maybe someone else can shed some light. what i do know is that changing the value of the max rendered frames means that its rendering frames closer to you only and not 4000 frames away. hope that helps.

Edited by MorninAfterKill

Also an interesting side note to this is that if youre using a third party launcher to launch with these settings it will automatically set the config file back to default settings. you must launch the game from steam for this to work for you.

This boosted me from an average of 25-30FPS on normal'ish settings to 35-45fps averages on the same settings. not a whole lot, but definitely noticeable, recording with fraps drops me back down to 25-30fps rather than the 20-25fps average of before. THANKS!

specs of my laptop are as follows.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 8/20/2012, 19:23:24

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

Processor: Intel® Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_165B103C&REV_09

Display Memory: 1696 MB

Dedicated Memory: 64 MB

Shared Memory: 1632 MB

Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Also an interesting side note to this is that if youre using a third party launcher to launch with these settings it will automatically set the config file back to default settings. you must launch the game from steam for this to work for you.

Just used dayz commander and it did not change the values in the config files.

• Like 1

Lol I don't even have the option to open with when i right click on it oh well

• Like 1

Saw an increase in like, one FPS. Which didn't change at all really.

Edited by killerdude765
  • Like 1

This boosted me from an average of 25-30FPS on normal'ish settings to 35-45fps averages on the same settings. not a whole lot, but definitely noticeable, recording with fraps drops me back down to 25-30fps rather than the 20-25fps average of before. THANKS!

specs of my laptop are as follows.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 8/20/2012, 19:23:24

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_165B103C&REV_09

Display Memory: 1696 MB

Dedicated Memory: 64 MB

Shared Memory: 1632 MB

Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

thanks for the info. its interesting to see it working on some and not others. the only thing we've nailed it down to is people using a third party launcher of day z instead of steam.

• Like 1