Snort (DayZ)

The threats in this game no longer exist.

The Zombies:

I remember I used to be sneaking around, terrified that the zombies might be right around the corner ready to bite a hole in my ass.

Now I'm running down the middle of the street in Cherno without a care in the world.

They don't see you half of the time, and the only time they do magically see you is when you're a mile away from them and their cataract infested eyes decide to turn into god damn Iron Man's thermal vision. Even if the zombies do decide to actually start following you, they lose you as soon as you take a step to the left or go through what I like to call a "Zombie carwash" which is just run in a building with 2 doors, and the zombies have lost complete sight of you.

Not only are the zombies completely blind, but half of the time they don't even hear you. I can't count how many times I've been with a friend in the middle of a city and just fired my lee einfield into the air to freak out my friend, only for me to turn to them and say "Lol, don't worrry, they don't even hear it anymore" then continue skipping along the pavement right infront of the twenty infected that spawned ontop of each other in the building across the road.

So basically the zombies are completely worthless. Unfortunately this isn't even up for debate, it doesn't matter what your opinion on the subject is, it doesn't change the fact that these things are just completely useless and need to be fixed.

While reading this I think to myself "Well, that has to be an over-reaction." I look at it, try to change what I've just said so it doesn't sound as ludacris but unfortunately everything I've said is accurate.

I'd report the zombies on the bug forums, with several videos to prove my point but the bug forums are about as useful as a prostitute without her most valuable assets and the only topics that seem to be on there are things that seem to only be specific to the one person who wrote it or things that were fixed about 2 patches ago.

While we're on about things not working, am I the only one that seems to have noticed the temperature in this game is now completely worthless?

The Temperature:

Among skipping past every zombie in existence, the enviromental threats are no longer existant either.

It wasn't long ago that I remembered walking around in the rain and thinking "Well damn, I need to find some shelter or I might run the risk of getting sick" and struggling to find wood to burn a fire just so I don't run the risk of getting too low.

It seems the only thing that actually effects your temperature in the slightest is sitting in icy cold water during the middle of the night for 5 mins.

Go ahead. Sit in the rain. Watch as your temperature does nothing. Go for a swim, watch as your body seems to think it's a walking heat pack that doesn't seem to expire.

Some of the biggest threats in this game have been completely elliminated and I sit here waiting for it to even be mentioned once.

tl;dr: How are you enjoying 1.7.2.3?

Edit: After much reading of the forums it is apparent that the temperature bug is only occurring to some people, apparently people that haven't died since the previous patches. Since dying this has now been fixed and is no longer applicable to the thread.

Edited by Snort
  • Like 12

I wondered for a long time what the temperature thing is and considered heatpacks as bogus, but since I play a lot of nights now, I suddenly was at 35. :o Somewhere up North with very few loot places around lol ...

My squad just got killed and our truck stolen, so that's still quite a dangerous world.

Also, it's extremely difficult for new players. Finding a weapon, sneaking past zombies, running away from them... is really challenging if you didn't already play a lot.

The zombies aren't meant to be masters of destruction.

They're the reason you can't go sprinting around cities.

They're the reason you can't fire your enfield willy nilly out in the open.

Sometimes you have to kill them, which is an ammo sink.

Sometimes they'll still get you when you aren't paying attention.

Sometimes they teleport through walls and inter-dimensionally sodomize you.

They may be kind of retarded, but if you're not in the right place, and there's enough of them, they'll still fuck your shit up.

Edited by ElemenoP
  • Like 4

Try writing it in a different way and posting it in suggestions

My squad just got killed and our truck stolen, so that's still quite a dangerous world.

Also, it's extremely difficult for new players. Finding a weapon, sneaking past zombies, running away from them... is really challenging if you didn't already play a lot.

Oh you mean you got killed by players.

Couldn't help but notice how this isn't fucking relevent to my post in the slightest.

Sure sneaking past the zombies is challenging (in your head) for about 5 mins until you realise half of them are frozen in place and the other half are too busy wobbling their heads about like they have cerebral palsy and just generally not taking any notice of you in the slightest.

I think you'll find I covered how stealth is no longer applicable in the post above.

As a matter of fact that was entirely what it was about, what the hell were you reading?

I think you'll find you can do these things...again, covered in my post.

• Like 1

Try writing it in a different way and posting it in suggestions

I'd like to point out my original posts obviously weren't as condescending but frankly I'm done with being professional because you get sodded off by absolute twats acting like absolute twats.

Time to act like a twat, so far I've got more feedback than ever before.

Granted, it's all from morons, but at least it's some kind of feedback.

good post. it's all about pvp now. and 90% of the people got dragged by something else to day Z.

overall there must be some equal challenging AI threat similar to a sniper or pvp action in general

Edited by ronda174

The zombies aren't meant to be masters of destruction.

Sometimes you have to kill them, which is an ammo sink.

Sometimes they'll still get you when you aren't paying attention.

Sometimes they teleport through walls and inter-dimensionally sodomize you.

They may be kind of retarded, but if you're not in the right place, and there's enough of them, they'll still fuck your shit up.

They really don't ever fuck anyone up that knows how to avoid them in the slightest. As it is right now with the ability to run around corners or through houses to lose them, the zombies are a total non-threat. In my last play through, I just ran around Cherno at full sprint like the zombies weren't even there. By the end of my 10 min run, I had an Alice Pack, AKM, 1911, ammo for each, and full medical and food supplies. I could do this at any time I want unless I run into another player. Even snipers are not really a threat because I never stop zig-zagging and running into buildings.

Edited by Ozark

I agree, at first when playing i tried to be a sneaky as possible, fire as little shots as possible and generally just stick to quieter places.

But, now i have realized i can just run straight through and place, lose the zombies around the next corner, and carry on with no problem makes it less fun.

Only time i ever find a threat is when a player is around.

In the last few days its been 0 deaths by Zombies, 5 deaths by players (Mostly around the NW airfield though..)

And i have never even noticed sickness from the elements, seems odd since heat packs are in every building yet i have never found a use for them.

Hopefully this post influences them to create a more varied AI for the Zs. I ran through Cherno today and got into a fire fight with 1 other player. I got him but he hurt me pretty bad. I was down to 4,000b and couldn't see anything. I decided to broadcast as I ran through the city so someone could get my loot if they wanted to. I was sure I wasn't going to make it. Well, I was wrong. I ran past at least 5 Zs and they decided to kill and sit above another player. I could actually loot his body while they were sitting around him.

As a suggestion, and i know people have shot down this idea before, but a stamina bar, or the fact that after running for a while you start to stumble etc.

Its either that, or the zombies aggro range needs to be tweeked up again. But thats just how i feel, i enjoy a challenge.

As a suggestion, and i know people have shot down this idea before, but a stamina bar, or the fact that after running for a while you start to stumble etc.

Its either that, or the zombies aggro range needs to be tweeked up again. But thats just how i feel, i enjoy a challenge.

A type of stamina system would work. In addition making heavier loads, such as larger packs and heavy guns, slow players down.

I wouldn't mind a stamina feature, but it's not just the fact they can't see you from afar...it's the fact they cant see you at all.

I've went up to zombies countless times and they just simply do not see you.

In an ideal world we can have both, and get our shit absolutely torn.

Maybe, since there are the different types/levels of servers, the addition of a stamina system in only expert (or something similar) servers.

Would give people the choice still, but if i was to play on a server that is more challenging i expect more rare loot ^--^

Stamina is one way to add in a difficulty factor by allowing the player to slow down enough that infected start getting hits in here and there.It can become where you agrro and then have that small window of time where you need to lose them before stamina steps in adding to the tension of the chase.Whats great is if its tied in with carrying weight then beginner noobs can run forever as they do now but as you start carrying weight you may need to turn and fight if you can't shake em fast neough.

• Like 1

mmmm me and a friend last week BOTH got sick from us being in teh rain to long and our temp going down.

Before last week we had talked about how we hadn't heard many people coughing lately, then BAM few days later we both get sick within the same two days. I am honestly scared to be in teh rain now for me more 5mins

Edited by kozzy

mmmm me and a friend last week BOTH got sick from us being in teh rain to long and our temp going down.

Before last week we had talked about how we hadn't heard many people coughing lately, then BAM few days later we both get sick within the same two days. I am honestly scared to be in teh rain now for me more 5mins

Have no fear in this patch, you can sit in the rain naked while covering yourself in ice cubes and not drop 1c.

• Like 2

Have no fear in this patch, you can sit in the rain naked while covering yourself in ice cubes and not drop 1c.

How did I just now go down 1 in temp then?

Temperature doesn't seem to be as bad as it used to be, and I think that's very detrimental to gameplay. I don't even carry heat packs anymore.

As for Stamina, heres my idea:

Stamina only shows up when being chased by zombies, as it drains you slow down and might stumble or trip. (End up prone for a second.) We don't want stamina to be screwing players running cross country, that's slow and annoying enough as is.

How did I just now go down 1 in temp then?

Probably in your CRAAAAZY imagination.

yeah i typically run around like a mad man not caring about zombies...you can always lose them or turn around wait for them to pause for a brief second and blow a hole in there head, the zombies need to be changed somehow...the only threat is players

The players:

Disconnect

That I don't understand at this stage aswell.

The only threat is players now and they're going to fucking abort when the threat is finally around?

Gonna keep bumping this thread because this is a major issue and the fact that the people that claim to love the game aren't supporting shit like this being broken is just annoying.