Sign in to follow this  
cordleztoaster

Change Starter Pistol Back To Revolver

Hi

Can you please change the starter pistol back to the revolver?, its rubbish against zombies and players who camp starting spawns with better weapons.

I cant see any reason as to why you should of changed it.

Eh, two or three rounds can sort a single zombie out so it's not too badly off. I think it's a good change, even if it took me time to get used to it.

the pistol change is great but zombies need fix, why do zombies circle you??? are they smart enough for that? why do they run at such high speeds? why do they zigzag so much. i know its suppose to be hard but this is wrong way of doing it hard, cause it breaks immersion, its not fun when zombies behave unrealistic and clearly made that way to challenge the player in someway. better would be to increase the amount of zombies to make it more fun or make them faster outside, but zigzaging and circling you is just annoying and you have to twitch your mouse and spam shoot at them and getting 3 hits with makarov is a pain unless you get lucky hs cause it impossible to aim properly when they run this fast, also teleporting im not sure but it seems like a bug or a side effect of their ultra fast speeds with zigzags. I realize increasing zombie count make it harder on servers probably but the way zombies behave outside now is not ideal at all. I hope the people working on this mod are not "happy" with how zombies are atm.

It's fine this way. You should just be grateful to start with something.

No it is not fine' date=' the starting gun is weak as piss.

[/quote']

Which is good because

1. stealth is finally worth in the game. Even when spawning you could take out 36 zombies easily.

2. PvPing declines because people do not one shot kill other people who have weapons they want.

Now its risky to shoot somebody who has a better weapon because he can quite possible kill you.

the pistol change is great but zombies need fix' date=' why do zombies circle you??? are they smart enough for that? why do they run at such high speeds? why do they zigzag so much. i know its suppose to be hard but this is wrong way of doing it hard, cause it breaks immersion, its not fun when zombies behave unrealistic and clearly made that way to challenge the player in someway. better would be to increase the amount of zombies to make it more fun or make them faster outside, but zigzaging and circling you is just annoying and you have to twitch your mouse and spam shoot at them and getting 3 hits with makarov is a pain unless you get lucky hs cause it impossible to aim properly when they run this fast, also teleporting im not sure but it seems like a bug or a side effect of their ultra fast speeds with zigzags. I realize increasing zombie count make it harder on servers probably but the way zombies behave outside now is not ideal at all. I hope the people working on this mod are not "happy" with how zombies are atm.

[/quote']

There was a response from Rocket on this subject that went something like this: Fast/unpredictable zombies reflect modern fears, adding more zombies would place an ungodly demand on servers.

While I can't speak to the dev's thoughts(or hopes) on current zombie implementation, I'd like to bring up the point that ARMAII was not meant to have zombies, it wasn't meant to be played or stretched this way, and there are certain limits to what is reasonably moddable.

Some of you seem to be missing one of the three requirements for DayZ, which is Balls.

the pistol change is great but zombies need fix' date=' why do zombies circle you??? are they smart enough for that? why do they run at such high speeds? why do they zigzag so much. i know its suppose to be hard but this is wrong way of doing it hard, cause it breaks immersion, its not fun when zombies behave unrealistic and clearly made that way to challenge the player in someway. better would be to increase the amount of zombies to make it more fun or make them faster outside, but zigzaging and circling you is just annoying and you have to twitch your mouse and spam shoot at them and getting 3 hits with makarov is a pain unless you get lucky hs cause it impossible to aim properly when they run this fast, also teleporting im not sure but it seems like a bug or a side effect of their ultra fast speeds with zigzags. I realize increasing zombie count make it harder on servers probably but the way zombies behave outside now is not ideal at all. I hope the people working on this mod are not "happy" with how zombies are atm.

[/quote']

Well that probably has to do with the pathfinding from the vanilla arma 2:)

most threads i have seen regarding zombie movement have seemed to relate to "zombg, can't turn left or right fast enough while not aiming down irons to kill zombies, plz fix to be as fast as cod plz..."

Arma has sucky pathfinding so the zombies will zig-zag. Sure its possible to add more zombies and make them move slower, but then we need to use a much smaller map. Servers can struggle with the current ammount.

If you get chased in the open, run.. They wont catch you when you are running. Never take on zombies in the open unless you have a big group or is far away. Get inside the nearest house and take them all out when they slow down. Or if possible just run out the other side and escape.

Arma's pathfinding is the way it is because it's meant to be very fast and light on resources. You can have 1000+ AI that all move at the same time, or you can have 50 AI that move "smartly".

No it is not fine' date=' the starting gun is weak as piss.

[/quote']

That's the whole point. The revolver is WAY too powerful, arguably the best gun in the game. The Makarov is the perfect starting pistol BECAUSE its "weak as piss", so you don't go Rambo and clear a whole damn town by your self. It incentivises avoiding contact, sneaking and scrounging for a better gun. And its not as bad as you make it seem; 2 or 3 body shots will take one down, or one head-shot if you're good.

BUT I CAN'T IMMEDIATELY PVP WITH THE MAKAROV!

THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS GAME IS TO PVP! HOW DO I PVP WITH MAKAROV?!?!QQQQQ?!?!?!

You are literally Hitler for forcing me to face zombies and search a town in a zombie game for a good gun to gank people with.

THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS GAME IS TO PVP! HOW DO I PVP WITH MAKAROV?!?!QQQQQ?!?!?!

You are literally Hitler for forcing me to face zombies and search a town in a zombie game for a good gun to gank people with.

You being serious?

Wrong mod for u m8.

BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! I literally blew beer out my nose all over my keyboard and monitor when I read that dammit!!!

If I had any reputation left to give today you would deserve it ;)

Revolver is one of the best side-arms in the game, sitting just short of the G17 because of it's magazine capacity (17 rounds, can also hold 15 round M9 mags) and the 1911 (Because fucking .45 that's why)

Makarov is an excellent starting pistol. It's location-accurate and most plausible for a survivor just starting out.

Cowboy 6-Shooter, not so much.

Some of you seem to be missing one of the three requirements for DayZ' date=' which is Balls.

[/quote']

This.

I think the M9 is a better solution. The problem with the Makarov isn't the damage, it's the ammo count.

Going further I would even suggest to give play a random pistol each respawn. And depending on pistol you should be given various amount of ammunition - less for revolver, more for weaker pistol. I think i'm going to suggest this on dev-heaven.

Its getting hard to stay alive in chern,elctro because people camp it with better weapons knowing its a busy place for people re-spawning in after death needing supplies.

I liked the revolver more..

It was more "civilian".

The Makarov still makes me think I'm too military affiliated.

The Makarov is a very common civilian weapon.