vukster@gmail.com

Suggestion for close combat weapons

I would like to see the following items spawn sometime soon:

1. Chainsaw (needs fuel)

2. Power tools like nailguns, buzzsaw, sander

3. Machete

4. Cleaver (can be thrown too)

5. Katana blade(why not?) ninja style assasins weapon quiet and deadly.

6. Chain

7. Spear (throwable) or metal rod

8. Baseball bat (combined with nails for extra damage)

9. Molotov cocktail

10. Flamethrower (this should really be at the top but saved the best for last).

:)

Edited by vukster
  • Like 4

A better melee system and diverse amount of weapons would be cool but as I've had to say to a lot of suggestions, would have to be done in a stand-alone.

I don't overly like the idea of power tools but some of them are okay. Some of us own things like chainsaws and the power tools you mentioned, as well as things like the machete, katana and baseball bat. I think they should be very rare spawns in certain buildings but not making them more effective.

baseball bats are not very rare, katana maybe more rare but I know people who have them in liquor stores, which makes me think we should have molotov cocktails.

let me add that to my list.

Here is my input.

Close-quarter fighting: Using melee weapons, rifle-butts, or grappling to take down other survivors and zombies (although hitting with the butt of the rifle would be a stun/stagger effect and grappling zombies would not be wise).

So, Rifle-butts and Switchblade as melee weapons!

1. Chainsaw (needs fuel) Eh, but you would find them in some people houses and such so I guess I will put my vote to this.

2. Power tools like nailguns, buzzsaw, sander Power tools that do not require being plug into the wall use batteries and battery life does run out and the power tool would stop fucntioning. I guess that would give reason for batteries (that would be scarier than hell with the flashlight *flashlight flickers and then goes out completely*)

3. Machete Yes!

5. Katana blade(why not?) ninja style assasins weapon quiet and deadly. Most people I know that have katanas in their homes are cheap blunt Pakistan steel blades of crap. More likely to break someones bone than to actually cutting them.

6. Chain

7. Spear (throwable) or metal rod Eh.

8. Baseball bat (combined with nails for extra damage) Or Dynamic Real-time Crafting then you can create Baseball Bat + Nails = Spiked Bat or Baseball Bat + Barbed Wire = Barbed Bat (something or another like so) :P

9. Molotov cocktail YES!

10. Flamethrower (this should really be at the top but saved the best for last). Only if you can shoot the tank of the flamethrower user and they burst into flames and stumble around on fire attracting zombie and we get a chain reaction going on with the burning of zombies.

• Like 3

Here is my input.

Close-quarter fighting: Using melee weapons, rifle-butts, or grappling to take down other survivors and zombies (although hitting with the butt of the rifle would be a stun/stagger effect and grappling zombies would not be wise).

1. Chainsaw (needs fuel) Eh, but you would find them in some people houses and such so I guess I will put my vote to this.

2. Power tools like nailguns, buzzsaw, sander Power tools that do not require being plug into the wall use batteries and battery life does run out and the power tool would stop fucntioning. I guess that would give reason for batteries (that would be scarier than hell with the flashlight *flashlight flickers and then goes out completely*)

3. Machete Yes!

5. Katana blade(why not?) ninja style assasins weapon quiet and deadly. Most people I know that have katanas in their homes are cheap blunt Pakistan steel blades of crap. More likely to break someones bone than to actually cutting them.

6. Chain

8. Baseball bat (combined with nails for extra damage) Or Dynamic Real-time Crafting then you can create Baseball Bat + Nails = Spiked Bat or Baseball Bat + Barbed Wire = Barbed Bat (something or another like so) :P

9. Molotov cocktail YES!

10. Flamethrower (this should really be at the top but saved the best for last). Only if you can shoot the tank of the flamethrower user and they burst into flames and stumble around on fire attracting zombie and we get a chain reaction going on with the burning of zombies.

Yes!!! Genius about the flame thrower balancing. +1

Love the barbed bat finally gives that item a less annoying usage.

It would be cool to have a chain whip "Castlevania style", to break bones and crush zombies.

Also I really like using weapons to knock people out by hitting them with the butt of a gun, so many great ideas!

Edited by vukster

Here is my input.

3. Machete Yes!

6. Chain

9. Molotov cocktail YES!

Shut up and take my beans!

On the other hand, maybe you could sharpen the katana to make it usable and it breaks after say...50 hits?

I would Vote. no on The Katanas, Yes on the Baseball bat, Yes on spears Though make them craftable. and we dont need them to be thrown. the chains sure. and as for the Chainsaw if Added. They would take up a tun of space, and should call every zombie within the city to your doorstep.

1. Chainsaw (needs fuel)

2. Power tools like nailguns, buzzsaw, sander

3. Machete

5. Katana blade(why not?) ninja style assasins weapon quiet and deadly.

6. Chain

7. Spear (throwable) or metal rod

8. Baseball bat (combined with nails for extra damage)

9. Molotov cocktail

10. Flamethrower (this should really be at the top but saved the best for last).

What the hell is a sander gonna do???

I don't see why this hasn't been suggested already, but why can't we use the hunting knife for melee? The hatchet can be used as a melee weapon AND as a tool, there's also the crowbar though I don't know why anyone would want to use it since it's inferior to the hatchet to damage and has no utility use. Those both take up the primary weapon slot logically since they typically require two hands, so why can't we have the hunting knife as a side arm? I can't hit zeds in super close range with the hatchet if they're mobbing me, so why not be able to use the hunting knife as an alternative? Give it like 2-4 hits to take down a zombie, maybe 1 if used from behind (backstab).

I would Vote. no on The Katanas, Yes on the Baseball bat, Yes on spears Though make them craftable. and we dont need them to be thrown. the chains sure. and as for the Chainsaw if Added. They would take up a tun of space, and should call every zombie within the city to your doorstep.

Yes but ONLY if the chainsaw is ON. Most likely you will not be carrying an active chainsaw.... but once you start it up it turns into a gore fest!

YES TO:

Petrol bombs!! (fuel, bottles, matches) :thumbsup:

chainsaws (fuel)

machete!! (if the supermarket sells tents then they should also stock machetes :) )

homemade spears (mostly for impaling; throwing should be sorta difficult)

bat (you should need a toolbox to add nails)

NO ON:

katana - or make it rare (i doubt anyone would have one of these)

chain - meh

flamethrower

power tools

1. Chainsaw (needs fuel) - No, have you used a chainsaw before? They'd be REALLY bad for cutting up people in a hurry

2. Power tools like nailguns, buzzsaw, sander Nailgun = No, buzzsaw = more likely, sander = no

3. Machete - Yes

4. Cleaver (can be thrown too) - Yes to cleaver, no to thrown. They arent weighted properly to be thrown

5. Katana blade(why not?) ninja style assasins weapon quiet and deadly. - Nup

6. Chain - Yep

7. Spear (throwable) or metal rod - Nup

8. Baseball bat (combined with nails for extra damage) - Yep, not with nails though. You'd get it stuck in a person's head and lose it

9. Molotov cocktail - Yep

10. Flamethrower (this should really be at the top but saved the best for last). - Nup

Edited by KnT47r

A chainsaw is one of the worst possible weapons in a zombie apocalypse, given that it's loud even when it's not actually cutting and that the gory cutting throws half the zed's blood at your clothes and face, which is pretty much a 100% chance of infection.

Flamethrowers, if rare enough, could be pretty damn neat.

On the subject of Katanas, store bought swords are less effective than swinging your fist.

If you dont wanna watch the video, they test store bought katanas vs folded steel katanas and they break the store bought one when they swing at it against water bottles, and don't cut a single bottle. I like most of the ideas though.

Not flamethrower,people will abuse it and you'll find new spawn bambies burning and running everywhere.

Spear?This is 21st century,not Medieval Age.

Katana?This is Russia as a guy posted earlier.

I don't know if I'm ok with the chainsaw either..toooo op(overpwered)

The rest seems ok :)

1. Chainsaw (needs fuel): totaly id love to find a chainsaw, and its not like there wouldnt be a chain saw in the type of enviorment that cherno is in.

2. Power tools like nailguns, buzzsaw, sander: those thing require a power source and the nailgun needs an air tank. sooooo im not a hundred percent on this.

3. Machete: sure

4. Cleaver (can be thrown too):most def. perfect weapon to find in grocery stores.

5. Katana blade(why not?) ninja style assasins weapon quiet and deadly. ehhhhh seems corny.

6. Chain: would be cool but to have a chain as a proper weapon there would need to be alot of physics tweaks.

7. Spear (throwable) or metal rod:uhhhhhhh well if it came down to a zed apocalypse i would prlly try to make a spear so yeah i dont see why not.

8. Baseball bat (combined with nails for extra damage):baseball isnt that big in that part of the world. it would seem very out of place.

9. Molotov cocktail:not a melee weapon but def needs to be in this game. easy to make and very effective.

10. Flamethrower (this should really be at the top but saved the best for last).:idanno about this really. military wouldnt be using them but you could technicaly make your own. but then again you can make a potato cannon so might as well throw that in there too.

Why do people hate powertools? there are batery-powered ones, you know? I like the nailgun especially.

Everything is good apart from katana - the one you see most of the time are decorative ones: if you try to hit with it the blade will break off the grip - they are constructed that way. So you will hardly find a combat one.

Another idea: bush trimmer+circular saw blade. heheh, you know what it means.

And by the way, do you understand that putting zombies on fire doesn't stop them? All you get is running FLAMING zombies. They could die off in a minute of intense burning or two, but not instantly. So that seems to be quite risky. On the other hand molotov could be a good area denial weapon against other players.