Sign in to follow this  
yoskeleton@msn.com

Disconnect/quit zone only allowed outside city/castle/house

Hello,

I have a suggestion to improve respawn in the game.

Well imagine your are in elektro, u go in supermarket, u secure the area, all clear. so you loot, but at this moment one guy appear here because he left the game in supermarket, then he kill u. hmmm. Quite sad for you no? You did all the job to secure the area, but someone POPED IN !

So, what if you play in team, you disconnect in a house. A guy alone do all the job to clear & secure the house, and then the team join the game again, the poor guy cant defend, all guy spawn in house... quite unfair.

What about allowing disconnection/quit only outside of city/building ? So when people rejoin game, they have to enter/infiltrate again the house/city.

So this can prevent abuse to jump in other server when you are in a building to try kill people by suprising them

(sorry for my english)

what do you think about this? Please join me to this suggestion, i think its a rly good idea, and you? :)

• Like 1

Sounds useful, but to what extent? As in, what happens if they do log out in a building? Do they stay in the building for 3 minutes or something after logging out?

It sounds like he means that you would be unable to logout in a house at all. That way people can't server hop/ log in and kill people who just so happen to be inside the house at the time.

I think its not a bad idea, make its so you cant log in buildings or citi limits. and if you say where to log in the citi the game moves you on the boarder out side of the city,

Edited by DevilDev

I like the idea. However, I think that may just move the problem.

Imagine that we can't spawn in buildings etc... well people would start logging out as close to the buildings as possible.

I might be overthinking it.

Edited by Krona

I like the idea. However, I think that may just move the problem.

Imagine that we can't spawn in buildings etc... well people would start logging out as close to the buildings as possible.

I might be overthinking it.

That why we need to allow disconnecting only in "forest zone" or non-city so u cant just appear near the building and surprise a guy who did his job to secure the area

I agree, i think there should be zones (a certain distance from buildings) where we can log out from.

A bit like the "You must be in a forest" comment when you try and harvest wood from any old tree.

However the issue comes when people get kicked or DC when it isnt their fault or choice.

i think this is a good idea but i think you shouldnt be able to log in to a server you left in the past 10 minutes(maybe more maybe less) so that people can no longer disconnect-join other server-flank-log back into other server-kill because thats probably a bigger problem in the wilderness than in cities.

I'm not sure if logging out near an area is the solution to this problem- maybe logging in would be the better means of addressing this? Ie, if someone has been in the area that you're trying to spawn in for at least 15 minutes or however long, the area is 'occupied' and cannot be spawned into. This would prevent server hopping into forest camps, too, although then there is obvious issues regarding not being able to spawn near your teammates, if you're moving in a group.

Hmm. Maybe that would be viable once 'Group' mechanics are added into the game?

The OP's idea is worth a shot though, seeing as this is an experiment, and an alpha at that.

Thanks,

again today, at norway airport, my friend zakar get killed by someone.... so i start to move to kill the killer, when i saw him ! i start shoot, the guy "crouch" (not prone) then disapear in front of me....

nice job.... u kill my mate, and then when i find you, and i shoot u, you just disc ?.... i love this game, i hate those players..... how can i find his name? i want to report him

Yeah really need to block people from spawning in buildings, especially the NW barracks,

Maybe make it so that if they try they'll be teleported ramdomly outside or be stunned on spawn.

Mate of mine was killed after going all the way north to the barracks, we cleared each room but on the way out some guy spawned in behind us and killed him.

Please have a look at my suggestion in the "Solution to Alt+F4 and Server Hopping"-thread. It would also fix this problem.