Sign in to follow this  
Koidn

How to stop Alt+F4

Today we had about 4 encounters with well equipped players. One time we had a cheater, who attacked us with a jet and 3 times other teams. Especially once it took us a long time to spot their sniper, get away and sneak up them from behind. Then it is really annoying when all the enemys just Alt F4 out of the game. Aren't there any possibilities to stop that, it is really frustrating when this is the way to go for most of the players? For example, couldn't there be an implented timer which lasts about 10 seconds until you disconnect from the server when you close the game?

even if it did there isn't any real reason that waiting 10 seconds should be a problem if it is a legit DC.

Well, you can't know that, but i believe thats only a small amount when compared with the Alt +F4's, and if you log out yourself, you are pretty much always in a safe position so it doesn't matter.

@treecancer: You misunderstood me, I wanted to say that the character remains about 10 seconds on the server when the game is closed immediatly

Edited by Koidn

They had a timed logout system like this before but it was exploited... Users would disconnect, rejoin and then loot their still disconnecting body to duplicate items.

Thank gawd someone finally thought of this idea! You'd think like a thousand people would've thought of such a simple solution by now. You, sir, win the internet a million times.

:facepalm:

• Like 2

Thank gawd someone finally thought of this idea! You'd think like a thousand people would've thought of such a simple solution by now. You, sir, win the internet a million times.

I agree. Give this man a million internetz and over 9,000 can of beans for such an original idea to stop such a dastardly exploit in the game.

/face

/palm

/noose

/guillotine

/wrist

/drinkagallonofbleach

I wish they would get rid of that useless function on the forums. You know, that annoying "Search" function.

Guys I havr this game for about 1 week and I didn't see a thread discussing this problem, but I know that a lot of people complain about it so I wrote down the idea of which i thought about first, when you have a better way of solving it, just post i.t

They had a timed logout system like this before but it was exploited... Users would disconnect, rejoin and then loot their still disconnecting body to duplicate items.

I wish I could rejoin in 10 seconds...

but even if I could, make it so it is IP specific and you can only have 1 instance on each server. So you won't be able to connect until your IP has been cleared by the server, how it works in most online games. For example if I time out on counter-strike : source, then try to rejoin before my player has left the server it won't let me because I'm already on the server 'technically'.

What would happen to thoes playes who get DC for ligit reasons? Would this apply to them?

screw the legit disconnects. There are few cases and if that is the case then fix your disconnect problem. Better a few legit disconnects pay for the cheating of other players than EVERYONE is cheating all the time because of a few players that have problems with their connections.

• Like 1

screw the legit disconnects. There are few cases and if that is the case then fix your disconnect problem. Better a few legit disconnects pay for the cheating of other players than EVERYONE is cheating all the time because of a few players that have problems with their connections.

i would gladly pay a small price to stop alt 4

• Like 1