qbert

What's your favorite playstyle/occupation?

For example, I'm a bit of a loner in DayZ, the only time I step up to be social is in chat, or if someone needs help because there's 40 zombies outside the building they're in and they have a makarov while I have a winchester with 5 clips.

I avoid all the major pvp zones and mainly get my loot from farmhouses, which have sufficient winchester, food, and sodas. I also will make a run for any roomy buildings if more then 5 zombies are after me, otherwise I will backpedal and fire pellets at my infected chasers.

I consider myself a hunter/camper type character, in the sense that I hang around the outskirts of the map, and either go to a farm or set up camp in a forest. I keep all my inventory in my backpack so that servers won't eat my epic l00ts.

Discuss. :heart:

As my name says....straywolf...

Don't like packs...and might actually have fun tearing up bands of 'survivors'. :-)

Dunno...this game allows one to do anything they want which is fascinating. Can't wait to see what Rocket does with the final product.

Exploring loner.

I had just snuck into the NW Airfield a couple days ago, but then the DB got reset or something and I'm back at the coast :( Was going to head to the major dam next after a quick stop at the end of the main road...

I usually play with one other person with me and we have been switching between survivors and bandits every other life. When I play with him we end up playing a bit more casually and take more risks. Right now though he's off at AIT so I've been having to develop my own way to play the game without him. One thing that surprises me is that I like to play with the bandit skin, but I'm not a be all, end all bad guy. It's kind of an added challenge to try and meet up with people and get them to trust me when i have bandit skin. And if people trust me, I'll leave them alone(Note that I didn't say I'd trust them...) and probably help them if i need some help myself. Some people can attest to this as for a couple of days now, I've been running with groups of survivors that I've just randomly linked up with in servers. Other times I just feel like being a loner so if you don't identify or act in a threatening way, I'm blowing you away. It all depends on how I feel that day.

I roll solo, and have never murdered a single person, not even a bandit. I've also managed to live days/weeks without dying. My goals is to never be seen by anyone.

Loner and explorer. I prefer to roam inland away from other survivors. I don't particularly make a distinction between bandit/survivor. If I have enough food, meds and ammo to keep me going I'll make friends with anybody, but if I'm running low I don't hesitate to kill others to get what I need.

Exploring loner.

I had just snuck into the NW Airfield a couple days ago' date=' but then the DB got reset or something and I'm back at the coast :( Was going to head to the major dam next after a quick stop at the end of the main road...

[/quote']

Awwww man you missed out, our group found a Chopper very close to that Dam :P

I like to draw alot of attention, get shot, then make alot of fuss about that persons personal character and moral integrity. Then, I shoot whomever I can find and blame it on that one encounter I had, and how I can never integrate myself into a social dynamic again,.

For the last few in-game hours I have been completely avoiding towns\cities, I have been living off animals I have hunted, killed and gutted and water from dams\lakes.

I kill everyone alive or undead and I have never and will never team up with anyone, I'm too suspicious ;)

I'm an explorer. I've been to every town and city on the map and all major locations.

I have a couple of friends that I team up with from time to time and I usually act as a scout for our group.

I've found and repaired vehicles, both with my group and as a solo player. I even managed to mostly repair a helicopter once (never got to fly it, server crashed).

I'm not, nor have I ever been a bandit. The only player I've killed was my buddy accidentally in the middle of a zombie battle.

Long-range mercy killer. I just don't want people to have to go through the shit I've experienced :(.

No but seriously, I tend to set up and snipe for sport. Friends with me will usually loot supplies from them.

I wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy and then spend the rest of the day answering questions in side chat about why going to Chern or Elektro is a bad idea. Occasionally me and my girlies will pile into a little red car we fixed up and go for a cruise with the window down and our favourite tune blaring.

I only ever really murder people by running them over at night in my car. I drive with NVGs and no headlights so they can't see me coming. I then flash them at the last second before I put grill to crotch. Fishtailing around NWAF runway at 2 am with Celine playing is pretty atmospheric.

Tried to cruise around on a bike a few times. As I've said before, driving downhill through trees on that thing is like throwing a ripe peach at a wall.

A one man wolfpack.

We have a decent sized group and generally roam in units of five plus players (two separate units usually). Safety in numbers. We shoot only if being shot at and/or fire a couple of warning shots in the direction of bandits or other suspicious players. All round friendly group and have actually given randoms chopper rides, food/water and meds, and sometimes even weaponary.

People rarely attempt to take us on when they see us - we have the numbers and all of us are armed to the teeth. Generally have multiple vehicles, a couple of which are heli's and do loot runs for our groups resources and medical needs. Good group of guys and really quite a solid and effective play style we all share.

If the group is elsewhere however, I'm not afraid of going lone wolf.

I tend to go solo exploring/scouting usually keeping to the edges of towns unless I really need supplies bad and barns have not been generous. I make the occasional mission to an airfield just for kicks.

I've ran with a group once and it was fun. Hit NW and NE airfields no problems then move on Balota. Was good times.

When I'm solo i stay away from towns and players and generally zeds and exploring the map for decent places to setup camps/bases, when my brother or my mates are with me we move as a group from town to town looking for vehicles/parts and killing anything that is a threat to us player/zed alike, if one of us goes bandit we do things to bring his humanity back up asap unless one of us has enough humanity to take the hit, usually though we will let lone survivors leave if they spot us and move off.

I generally go solo but team up sometimes, I think my playstyle is best summed up as 'friendly, but cautious'

If I'm up north and you aren't responding to any queries, I won't be taking chances.

Adventuror/Scavenger

Explore areas with a good group of guys from World's End Gaming teamspeak. Avoid people as much as possible. Last 15 hrs have not run into anyone. Look for valuable items to boost up our inventory.

camper' date=' i will sit outside in the forest watching semi popular spots and kill people when they are not ready

[/quote']

Same. I like to get a nice vantage point, CZ 550 in hand and watch survivors fight their way in, get the loot and then I shoot them and take it from them.

I also work alone as I don't trust anyone. Not even me :)

I like to roam around and if I find a group/individual I like to make them really scared.

For example I might kill 2 group members and leave 1 alive or shoot somebody in the leg, etc.

I would like to explore and survive, find ideal remote areas for a camp, but as it currently stands, every other day I get killed/server randomly puts me on the coast.

Lone wolf, more like lone deep wood marathon runner. :cool:

I am the shred of light among the black void, the righteous sword of justice, I am the Paladin of the Zone, Helping all who are in need of it! Supplies, transfusions, escapes, and covering fire.. whatever your needs I'll help in what way I can. You can kill me and loot me of my goods but you'll never rob me of my HUMANITY!!!!!

Everyone wanted to be a Hero,.. only a few ever rise to the call...

As my name suggests I am the medic, I try to help out when I can, blood transfusions, giving painkillers, etc to those I can, but I try and stay out of cities unless someone is asking for help or a I am in a group, I am not scared of killing a bandit, but I stray away from killing others if I can.