G0V3RNM3NT4L

Putting the Good Stuff in OUR Hands

Allright, let's say I see two players. One of them is SideStrafe/Drift0r/Generally a Pro. The other is a noob, just learning.

I have some medicine I could spare. Who does it make the MOST sense to give it to?

Obviously the pro. Putting medicine into the noob's hand is probably going to end up with him dying and losing it, not knowing how to use it, etc.

If you give it to the pro, he's going to know EXACTLY how to use it. Even better if it's a fellow bandit. I'm seeing a severe rise in groups to help players with medical needs, such as

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32964-want-to-make-a-difference-in-dayz/

While this is nice and precious, it's wasting medical supplies. I want to make doing ANYTHING like this, so insanely risky it WON'T EVEN BE ATTEMPTED. So, I want any fellow bandits to MESSAGE ME, do not reply, this is Black Operations -CLASSIFIED- bandit operations; hurting the survivors where it counts.

The general gist is going to be organizing teams of two, one to ask for the medicine or whatever the trade is, and one to keep general overwatch.

After the goods are traded (once they are at least on the ground) kill the trader with a headshot. Keep everything they had. If they are really searchy, the overwatch will have to hide VERY will to avoid detection.

If we can keep a large number of bandit orders going in, these groups will have to start denying people, limiting their usefulness. It could also discourage players from helping, as we could organize a database of goody-two-shoes people to organize hits on.

Now, I'm also thinking this could be "Unionized". We could have a separate bandits-only medical/supply field so those needing help wouldn't be completely cut off, but I'm only going to accept those under supreme scrutiny.

We could also make attempts to get a goods trading service on our side. Just thoughts. I'd like to organize a specific website for bandits, with a password that changes every two weeks and contains secure information.

We need to organize these bandits, feed them information on the location of heavily-armed well-loot-loaded survivors and generally keep information coming in.

I'm looking for volunteers who would not mind helping admin such a site.

• Like 6

This is a great idea! Doctors always show up on call with their rangefinders and <insert dream loot here>.

• Like 1

its people like you who are going to ruin the game for anyone who wants to play. the medics take their own time and resources to help new/old players enjoy the game. i hope someone catches on to you pieces of filth and rips all your ill gotten loot from you and then we will all be standing over your bodies laughing while u cry.

• Like 3

While this is nice and precious, it's wasting medical supplies.

Oh yes! Because the medical supplies never magically reappear 10 minutes after the medic raids the hospital, right? :rolleyes:

Anyway, nice idea, but the only medics you will fool are those (probably new ones) who run to a patient in the open field without asking questions. & as soon as you start to carry out these hits, medics will no longer go alone (many already don't), so have fun when your overwatch kills the medic, the medics overwatch kills the patient, and then it's overwatch vs overwatch... Very niace! :beans:

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see things being organised for once, but the idea won't last very long

Edited by .Trooper.
  • Like 1

its people like you who are going to ruin the game for anyone who wants to play. the medics take their own time and resources to help new/old players enjoy the game. i hope someone catches on to you pieces of filth and rips all your ill gotten loot from you and then we will all be standing over your bodies laughing while u cry.

We are people who want to play. We take our own time and resources to hunt them, and they get a more interesting and exciting experience. Oh and we're bandits, most of us actively seek out fights, so we're all used to dying and losing our stuff. No point crying over spilt milk. And by the way, if you were all standing over our bodies, then you would most likely get taken down by a bandit clan with snipers who just couldn't resist all the loot to be had by ambushing a big circlejerk of the kind of dropped-as-babies idiots that would stand around together in DayZ.

Any more points you want me to tear down?

Edited by Stompopolos
  • Like 1

its people like you who are going to ruin the game for anyone who wants to play. [...]

Au contraire! Bandits (in addition to the fact that any character can be killed with just one well-placed shot) are the reason why this mod is such an intense gaming experience. I know, I'll regret saying this the moment I see "You are dead" popping up on my screen, but: We need them!

• Like 1

I had to laugh when I read this...

To all you Bandits out there, Keep up the good work! To each his own, the more your attack players the more work I have. The more work I have as a medic, the more I enjoy this game.

You want me to come to your ambush so you can steal a few medical supplies, that's fine.. I die several times a day so it wont hurt my feelings or throw off my day at all.

You wont find rangefinders or nvgs on my person; but what you will find is a big middle finger in my backpack waiting to jump out and say bite me.. and when I'm looking at my favorite screen of death, I will be laughing at your disappointment.

What your doing is nothing new, or creative. What we're doing is revolutionary.

Now what?

Edited by Brian @ RMG
  • Like 8

How are you so sure that your bandit "Friends" wont just turn around and kill you? Atleast i know im safe around my medics and dont have to be looking over my shoulder and knowing in the back of my mind my own "Friend" could kill me at any moment.

• Like 1

I'd like to point something out: Bandits are driven for booty/killing, and Survivors are driven by the will to help. If they see that everytime they try to help they end up being choked to death by three different bandit clans, they'll stop helping. Or they'll send more people. But trust me, I bet I can get more bandit clans to attack a location than you can get buddies to defend it.

I've already got 6 people offering they're small groups in this escapade. I doubt you and three friends can take out strategically placed groups of 24-30 people.

• Like 1

This is a great idea! Doctors always show up on call with their rangefinders and <insert dream loot here>.

This.

How are you so sure that your bandit "Friends" wont just turn around and kill you? Atleast i know im safe around my medics and dont have to be looking over my shoulder and knowing in the back of my mind my own "Friend" could kill me at any moment.

I hope one of them does.

Medical supplies aren't worth setting up an ambush for, they're simply not worth that level of effort. Any player worth their salt should have sufficient supplies from the bodies of others, failing that they'll know how easy it is to source more from one of the hospitals.

The only items worth going out of your way to acquire are Coyote Elites, Nightvision Goggles, Rangefinders and the ever illusive Mountain Dew.

• Like 1

I'm seeing a severe rise in groups to help players with medical needs, such as

http://dayzmod.com/f...erence-in-dayz/

While this is nice and precious, it's wasting medical supplies. I want to make doing ANYTHING like this, so insanely risky it WON'T EVEN BE ATTEMPTED.

[...]

After the goods are traded [...] kill the trader with a headshot. Keep everything they had.

As the guy organizing the thread that has been linked, I'm struggling to follow your logic. You want to organize a group to forcibly take the medical supplies that we intend to freely give out? Why not just ask for them, a medic would bring what you needed and you get those same meds in either case. But in your version there is a tricky and elaborate process involved, and you waste bullets. Medics usually carry only the most basic of things (like a compass) plus the requested meds.

If we can keep a large number of bandit orders going in, these groups will have to start denying people, limiting their usefulness. It could also discourage players from helping

Now, I'm also thinking this could be "Unionized". We could have a separate bandits-only medical/supply field so those needing help wouldn't be completely cut off.

So you want to stop the distribution of medical supplies, and then set up a distribution network of medical supplies? Are you going to rely on bandits to stop banditing and start medicing (but only for bandits), and you expect that players will trust an admitted bandit to rush to their aid when they are injured and vulnerable?

We could also make attempts to get a goods trading service on our side. Just thoughts. I'd like to organize a specific website for bandits, with a password that changes every two weeks and contains secure information.

Again, you want to stop groups like Freeside Traders, and then make (Not)Freeside Traders (the bandit version)?

To be perfectly honest, organizing these networks and groups is a lot of hard work. It sucks, because you end up spending all your time dealing with other players, and you end up never getting to play for yourself. It takes a special sort of person to do that. I'm not sure how many bandits really want to put in that much effort; it'd really cut back on your banditing time.

Edited by Survivor-Kyle
  • Like 3

I would say hitting a cache of supplies would be worth it or forcing a tribute to a bandit coalition or something like that but I don't see taking them down to dust making much sense. Being a bandit we pray off of other peoples supplies be it robbing, looting tents etc, or killing for supplies (not my M.O. but that's just me).

As you said Kyle we are too independent and untrusting for a large op to work well. It takes one bandit shooting another for everyone to go buck wild and slaughter ourselves.

I'd like to point something out: Bandits are driven for booty/killing, and Survivors are driven by the will to help. If they see that everytime they try to help they end up being choked to death by three different bandit clans, they'll stop helping. Or they'll send more people. But trust me, I bet I can get more bandit clans to attack a location than you can get buddies to defend it.

I've already got 6 people offering they're small groups in this escapade. I doubt you and three friends can take out strategically placed groups of 24-30 people.

I also want to mention that the idea for FreeLoaders is not exclusive to bandits. I actually want to pilot it with a bandit group (or two) once I get the network running. The majority of what happens in the FreeLoader model happens with dropboxes (tents) that are scattered across the map and across multiple servers. Players who are aware of the locations (network members) swing by them and pickup/drop off supplies when they are in the area. Often times there will be no personnel near a drop site. Should reports start coming it about fatalities at a given site, it is scrubbed and moved to a different location/server.

Again, nothing in that requires a player to be (or not to be) a Survivor/Medic/Carebear/bandit. Everyone needs medical supplies. Most people up north HATE having to make the trip south/east to a hospital. Creating additional medical sites INCREASES access to meds, for everyone. Running guns/ammo south just gives players something to do when they are returning to the cities. Plus, in a strictly role-laying sense, I suspect that arming the population centers is what would happen in a zombie apocalypse.

I'd postulate that encouraging/helping/not-hindering this free flow of gear could actually HELP bandits out.

1) More (and faster) access to medical supplies for your group

2) Better armed survivors = better firefights = more entertaining game play for everyone

3) It gives you something to do other than shooting noobs in Cherno

I appreciate your desire to organize something, and thereby create your own end-game content, but I think that you are selling yourselves short in all of this. You'd be putting a lot of time into getting nothing that you couldn't just ask for and get delivered for free. You'd also be reducing the likelihood that new players would venture into a firefight with you.

To each their own, and we will carry on either way, I just figured I'd point out some stuff you may have overlooked.

If you are just out for gear/loot wouldn't you be better served FOLLOWING a medic, but not engaging him. After he heals the other player, stalk them [the patient] for a bit and take their stuff. That way medics would lead you right to players who actually HAVE something worth taking, but the medical staff would have no idea that they were also delivering death to the subject. As long as the medics don't become aware of the situation, they won't change their methods, and you'd have an endless list to feed from.

Edited by Survivor-Kyle
  • Like 2

This'd be great IF items didn't respawn. As far as that goes it really makes no difference.

If you are just out for gear/loot wouldn't you be better served FOLLOWING a medic, but not engaging him. After he heals the other player, stalk them [the patient] for a bit and take their stuff. That way medics would lead you right to players who actually HAVE something worth taking, but the medical staff would have no idea that they were also delivering death to the subject. As long as the medics don't become aware of the situation, they won't change their methods, and you'd have an endless list to feed from.

so you are saying you would be fine with helping bandits kill people 5 minutes after you give them supplies

If I didn't know that you were there, sure. Our job isn't to be their guardian angle. Granted, I'm not going to actively/knowingly lead you to them, but if you are stealthy and pull it off, you out played us; more power to you.

Our job is to deliver (in most cases, for free) medical supplies to players in need. If they are careless and get killed, that is their DayZ story. I don't differentiate between bandits/survivors when I get asked for help. If I smell a trap, I set up a remote site or bring one or more friends along. In the end, the medics are essentially carrying only what you asked them to bring (maybe a hatchet and/or pistol for zombie killing). We do that so that there is less reason for backstabbing. In the end you are only wasting bullets, because a medic will bring you essentially anything you need, for free, without the need for orchestrating an elaborate ambush. The FreeLoaders concept seeks to expand that beyond just medical supplies (although, I doubt we will ever be running anything of high value).

Edited by Survivor-Kyle

If I didn't know that you were there, sure. Our job isn't to be their guardian angle. Granted, I'm not going to actively/knowingly lead you to them, but if you are stealthy and pull it off, you out played us; more power to you.

Our job is to deliver (in most cases, for free) medical supplies to players in need. If they are careless and get killed, that is their DayZ story. I don't differentiate between bandits/survivors when I get asked for help. If I smell a trap, I set up a remote site or bring one or more friends along. In the end, the medics are essentially carrying only what you asked them to bring (maybe a hatchet and/or pistol for zombie killing). We do that so that there is less reason for backstabbing. In the end you are only wasting bullets, because a medic will bring you essentially anything you need, for free, without the need for orchestrating an elaborate ambush. The FreeLoaders concept seeks to expand that beyond just medical supplies (although, I doubt we will ever be running anything of high value).

so what if most of your medic/medic sqauds keeps getting killed every time during a delivery or on the way back.

Or attacked

Edited by Fluffy Banditt

To be honest, I'd suspect nothing would change. Look at SoulShaper2's record. That guy dies like 20 times a day. Every respawn he grabs some morphine and heads to the next patient. He's so damn dedicated that it's almost comical. Not everyone will be that hardcore about it, but in the end, no one becomes a medic because they like having a 30-day-old character with all the gear.

• Like 3

I'll chime in here with some of my stats. I've played medic for maybe 20+ survivors, and only ever encountered one questionable guy. This one guy kept requesting tier one items, then got butthurt when I called him out for being a dummy. Turns out he was just some dumb guy messing with me, never shot me though! Everyone else has been very polite and thankful. Some even give me tips, others want to tag along and be part of something. Zombies and bandits make this game fun and challenging, but mature gaming is what makes Day Z such a success.

Bumble

RatedMGaming.com

• Like 2

Quick question about ratedM when an application is submitted what's the average wait time? And I always tip :P and hell I will ebpven tag along as over watch to your next patient it you want :) M107 Ftw :)

• Like 1

Leave the medics alone. Someday one of those medics are going to run across you with a broken leg and help you out. IF you see the red cross, don't shoot it.. It's just universal.

[Look at those survivors cooperating to distribute medical supplies and gear! Cooperation? How absurd! As bandits, we need to cooperate and disrupt this. In the process, we can also distribute medical supplies and gear. That will show them how stupid it is to cooperate!]

Uh, what?

• Like 1

Quick question about ratedM when an application is submitted what's the average wait time? And I always tip :P and hell I will ebpven tag along as over watch to your next patient it you want :) M107 Ftw :)

Average wait is between an hour or three, my best guess. Some rescue forms come in while we are online and nearby, BOOM! 20 minutes and the guy's posting thanks online. Other RMA's come in when we are all offline for whatever reason and those can take longer. I saved a guy yesterday who'd been waiting a couple days for a rescue before he filled out an RMA. Our camp was raided and for whatever reasons we couldn't get to him for a whole day. He waited 3 days total with a broke leg and super low blood, poor Kibster.

If you are serious about wanting to meet up and tag along for a rescue, we could always use the help. All the community info is available at RatedMGaming.com.

• Like 1