Sign in to follow this  
xxsheepdoggxx

"On Back" slot for 3rd/ quicker 2nd primary!

Would like to see them follow and ACE system and allow us to sling a potentially 3rd primary on our back. The benifits would be it is slinged so scroll wheel access being quicker than having to unpack it etc, and that you could potentially carry 3 primary weapons.

Balances could include only some weapons having slings or having to find a sling to get this ability! Also sense the weapon is Slung and not packed away it is easier to get to but would still need backpack/inv slots to hold its ammo sense all its doing is hanging there and is not packed in anything that would hold the ammo?

Believe this balances itself and would keep it from being OP a stanima system could further nerf bandits carrying 3 primarys in the future if it became a problem. Seemed like a good idea and with it already being done in ACE im sure it would not be to hard and would change the game quite a bit!

Some other stuff would be more weapons and some ACRE would be nice even if all u used in ACRE was the 3D positional Face to Face audio it would be game changing let alone the radios!

I would be all for this as soon as Weight is added to all items and it influences your movement speed, then i'dd even be all for you staching as many 3-5kg guns in your pants as you like :)

But you have a back pack on your back already!

If you were to attach a gun to your back pack in real life, you'd have to stop, loosen the straps, take off the back pack, untie the gun, tie your other gun on, put your back pack on, tighten the straps and start moving again.

It wouldn't be worth the risk of getting shot while fumbling around, dicking with your back pack.

But you have a back pack on your back already!

If you were to attach a gun to your back pack in real life, you'd have to stop, loosen the straps, take off the back pack, untie the gun, tie your other gun on, put your back pack on, tighten the straps and start moving again.

It wouldn't be worth the risk of getting shot while fumbling around, dicking with your back pack.

Lol what? I dont think it would be as difficult as that in game, maybe just like how it is now if you equip your pistol and you stash the your primary on your back, but you could have two primarys on each shoulder. I like the idea of finding a sling that attaches to your pack or maybe a new pack that accomodates it. But there should definitely be a stamina penalty.

Edited by Ricky Spanish

I like the idea of this. On foot patrols in Iraq we would commonly use a 1-point sling for our rifles and a 3-point sling for our shotguns (on our back) it was pretty easy to swap between the two when needed (mostly shotguns where used for breaching as it is considered a defensive weapon). I think the ability to switch between a primary weapon and a melee weapon would be kinda cool, such as the axe or crowbar. For those silent kills.

Could be cool, only issue i see is that then you don't have to make a choice between a high powered rifle, or a more versatile main weapon anymore.

Not being able to have your cake and eat it too add flavor to the game.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

+1 if weight is accounted for... you won't get far with 3 rifles anyway. I know that ACE system very well :D

Could be cool, only issue i see is that then you don't have to make a choice between a high powered rifle, or a more versatile main weapon anymore.

Not being able to have your cake and eat it too add flavor to the game.

But alot of people have a second primary in there backpack or guns stashed in a tent. They could add backpacks that have slings or maybe even a sling for the gear belt that allows you to switch between two primary weapons, including melee for stealth zombie kills. They could also make these slings/backpack a rare find and something else to get killed for, because they would see you with the second primary instead of having an M16 tucked away in an alice pack.

Maybe they could add hunting backpacks that have slings, but have less space as a downside.

im not for 2 guns without backpack, but if you could shoulder your gun to get the hatchet out would be cool