Sign in to follow this  
jostster@gmail.com

Bear traps hurt you when removed

If you set a bear trap then pick it up and someone walks over the spot where it was, it will still break their leg. I noticed someone doing this all over a town and anyone that walked in the town pretty much broke their legs and would pass out.

Date/Time: 7/16/2012 5pm MST

What happened: Bear traps would break your legs after being picked up.

Where you were: Elektro

What you were doing: Walking around town playing with bear traps

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.3

*Server(s) you were on: Colorado 2

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error: User would place down a bear trap then pick it up after walking over the spots he placed the trap, after picking it up, I would still bleed and break a leg.

I reported it yesterday in the bug tracker..

You should register for it instead of posting here, it gets assigned an issue# that way and stuff.

For example: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/37175

:)

Then this forum should be closed, because it is too strange to have a forum for "bug reports" which should not be used (please note that I am agreeing with you).

Edited by sergio
  • Like 1

I reported it yesterday in the bug tracker..

You should register for it instead of posting here, it gets assigned an issue# that way and stuff.

For example: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/37175

:)

Either their dev team doesn't know how to update bug reports, or they don't pay attention to the bug reporter. They never update the bugs etc. That is why I use the forums. Gets more attention than dev-heaven.

This falls under the same catagory as when you place a tent and remove it, upon server restart, your tent will be back. If you put down a trap, remove it, and then the server restarts, you will have a 2nd trap there.

Sucks this will be abused so hard :(

Then this forum should be closed, because it is too strange to have a forum for "bug reports" which should not be used (please note that I am agreeing with you).

I don't find it strange...its helpful for me to be able to check here for problem im encountering for confirmation and possibly fix suggestions.

This falls under the same catagory as when you place a tent and remove it, upon server restart, your tent will be back. If you put down a trap, remove it, and then the server restarts, you will have a 2nd trap there.

Sucks this will be abused so hard :(

I've seen this happen, without a server restart.. place the trap, arm it, pick it up.. you now have the trap, and the trap model is gone, but you will still break your leg if you walk over the spot the trap used to be.. no server restart needed.

Had the same thing happen to myself. Placed a bear trap, and didn't like where it dropped, so I removed it without even setting it and when I walked over where it was it still broke my legs.

Just happened. Now that pisses me off. Quick got out of dayZ so hopefully my legs still won't be broken...

Edit- Great, thanks a lot days. Now I'm stuck in a farm just outside of cherno with 6k blood and a broken leg. How fucking hard is it to read the bug reports dev team?

Edited by natebot88

Really natebot? They are working their ass off to give you something where you can relieve your creative urges and emotions and you are complaining that you cant crawl to the hospital? You do realize this DayZ in alpha stage? That the engine is unstable-ish? I got killed by a tree yesterday (for anyone who doesnt know, DONT move around tree stumps with your head to much, or back up into it if its on a hillside, you will instantly die), but you dont hear me complain...

regarding the bug: I had exactly the same thing, i also tried walking over it again, breaks it. Meaning it reactivates itself too.

Grtz Tikas

Edited by Tikas
  • Like 2

Just happened. Now that pisses me off. Quick got out of dayZ so hopefully my legs still won't be broken...

Edit- Great, thanks a lot days. Now I'm stuck in a farm just outside of cherno with 6k blood and a broken leg. How fucking hard is it to read the bug reports dev team?

You just learnt a valuable dayz lesson...always have a morphine on you :)

You just learnt a valuable dayz lesson...always have a morphine on you :)

Well ACTUALLY I was literally right next to the courtyard in front of the hospital but I lost a bunch of blood and heard gunshots, I was already shitting bricks as it was! Didn't want to go in a lit-up hospital with plenty of zombes willing to smack once me to death.

Well ACTUALLY I was literally right next to the courtyard in front of the hospital but I lost a bunch of blood and heard gunshots, I was already shitting bricks as it was! Didn't want to go in a lit-up hospital with plenty of zombes willing to smack once me to death.

Well ACTUALLY, you might be considering that we are testing faults in the current build, as apposed to complaining that your current character is/was hurt...

How was your char. injured/killed with the current aplha version?

Did you get stuck in scenery and then lie down?

What where the zombies doing?

What sever where you on and what was the local time?

What are your system specs?

Which version of the mod, and which version of the beta arma2 code are you running / or where running at the time of the bug?

You do know bug reporting forums are for bug reporting.. not bitching that you fucked up?

I can confirm bear traps working oddly.

Seattle 36

12:15 AM

Grid 110, 113 in high yield red roofed barn.

Found bear trap. Picked it up. Placed it. Picked it up. No visual on the ground, trap is in backpack but legs get broken when walking over the spot the trap was dropped. Broke legs 3x to confirm.

• Like 1

+1 on this issue...

first time I tried setting a trap, I wanted to move it to a less noticable spot... I picked it up, then moved over the spot and it broke my leg... luckily I had plenty of smack! lol