Sign in to follow this  
coltonlong

Am I unlucky or do Admins just always hoard stuff?

Hello, I am a [rabid] fan of Dayz, save one fact. ADMINS HOARD ALL THE BEST STUFF! I have been playing for a good while, and I have yet to see anything rarer than an Offroader. Where are all the vehicles that I spend days searching for? In the admins camp. EVERY TIME! Last time I found an Admin camp, there were five vehicles there! Minus the bus my team had and a random tractor, that was every vehicle in the server! So why is it that I can't seem to find any Motorbikes or ATVs? Is it that I'm looking in the wrong place, I'm unlucky, or every admin is a hoarder???

• Like 1

yeah lots of them are a hoarder, i've seen vehicles driving only 2 times and both of them were admins... saw a bicycle too once but that was a normal player probably because a bike isn't "good enough" for an admin...

• Like 1

yeah lots of them are a hoarder, i've seen vehicles driving only 2 times and both of them were admins... saw a bicycle too once but that was a normal player probably because a bike isn't "good enough" for an admin...

Yea same with the tractors. But still, do none of them want us to have a little bit of fun? Why don't we deserve to take a motorbike for a spin, or to find that SVD CAMO on the heli crash?

Edited by LootandLive

Do what me and my team does, raid the admin camp :)

Got ourselves an ATV and bus ( not great i know ) but they were teeming with weapons and gear !

It does irritate me though, most definately.

• Like 2

Do what me and my team does, raid the admin camp :)

Got ourselves an ATV and bus ( not great i know ) but they were teeming with weapons and gear !

It does irritate me though, most definately.

Yes, problem being, I can't find them. And last time I did, (moron marked it on the map.) The Admin used his ability to track vehicles and players to find our camp and take everything! Just because we took an offroader.

Edited by LootandLive

The best I have ever found so far is a simple motorcycle, and that was only because I was stalking some guy on it that went into the firestation at the NW airfield so when he went inside and parked it I took it.

why do they do this actually? Doesn't really seem fun to have everything you can get in an unfair way... and if they still want that stuff go host a private server or get your vehicles in a fair and honest way..

They do it because they are Admins. And most of them think they will be too vulnerable if any of us get even the slightest bit ahead. Complete bullshit.

Think about it, it's not a hard thought to over look. You're an admin, you spawn and there are shat tons of zombies, you start peeing your pants, then you remember, I"M THE ADMIN! *magical music plays* and you use the restroom really fast, come back and horde every thing you can possibly get your greedy lil lol mitts on, and claim it as ok, cuz you're just tryingz to survivez.

If you could, you would, it's that simple.

But the question is, once that becomes boring, you end up making the best groups I guess, cuz you wanna share dem goodies. After you swim in it all 1st, nekkid, wearing a fezz.

• Like 2

Ive had quite a few ATVs recently and I think they might be the best solo vehicle once you learn how to get them back on their wheels from those insane flips they do. Why? Because theyre so damn easy to hide. Being tiny and in that nasty green/brown colour, they can be hidden in most evergreens with little effort.

Due to thier flippy nature, the berezino docks often have one on them after an unlucky driver found out that driving there was a terrible idea. They get abandoned on thier side and get reset back on thier wheels once the server restarts, so if your lucky youll be able to get them off the dock, but youll have just as much of a chance of flipping it again.

• Like 1

Well think about it man. you'd do it too.

My group and I have a server we regularly play on, so we have like 3 camps Full of stuff! Were not ads, we dont play with them thats just how the game goes, you find shit you want and put it somewhere

I just left a server after a few of the other players started to vote kick me off, no idea why my only guess was that they were admin and didn't like the fact that I had NVGs on a pitch black night?! just found it a little odd one started maybe a troll then another and another, looked at leader board and the player with the highest kills was the one voting most to get me off, the other thing was maybe I wasn't far of a motor X spawn point, who knows it made me feel uneasy so I left anyways! :/

I'm curious. How do you know that the camps or hoarding spots you come across are admin? Is it because there are a lot of vehicles at these places? I've seen places with lots of tents and stuff and I've stumbled across places that have multiple vehicles. I usually hightail it right the hell out of there as fast as I can since I assume very nasty people are guarding those piles of stuff. I guess I just always figured it was highly industrious and organized bandit groups with twitchy trigger fingers who have that hoarding disorder.

Admins have basically the same abilities as a regular player. There is no magical admin "find ural" button.

Well don't they have server commands/admin rights or the possibilities to 'noclip' ? thats what almost all online games have from what i know..

well admins/owners can look at server logs and see where vehicles are saved and whatnot

Sick of continuing to see locked servers, trolled only by the admin.

Servers should be provided by BI, with player loot reset across the spectrum.

I have good gear but would be prepared to lose it in order to have a more level playing field.

Yea same with the tractors. But still, do none of them want us to have a little bit of fun? Why don't we deserve to take a motorbike for a spin, or to find that SVD CAMO on the heli crash?

this is why I think that vehicle spawns should spawn in new vehcles evry X amount of time up to a maximum amount of said vehicles of that type in server at any one point

• Like 1

It's rather a funny story how I got my first vehicle. I SPAWNED ON ZOMBIES. I found 3 dead bodies next to me, so someone must have led them to the spawn point. So I start running like hell. I notice a light-houst at least 3-km away on the coast. So I start swimming, then I look back and realize zombies can swim too. I run back on land and continue to the light-house. I pass the god-damn light-house, but do you know what's funny? I find a CV5 or something and it's a full military truck. I then drive to the light house (after dodging a million trees cause' I was in a forest) and after realizing that the light-house is empty, I started driving away into the sunset. I lost the truck after I left the server when I was the last one, but i've been alive since!

Did you ever consider it could be the other way around?, I mean alot of you people saying " admins abusing" but if you look at it, most admins was on the server from day one, what means they could easily find alot of stuff while not so many players on. So is it really that wierd that they got alot of stuff?

I play on a server where I roll with admins regularly. We have not found any vehicles other then ATV's and those always at spawns.

But on other servers, I can never find a vehicle. Unless I'm shooting it, Because its trying to kill me. And on Lingor Island I've gotten kicked from at least 3 different servers for blowing up vehicles.