Sign in to follow this  
its_heisenberg

Puchasable gear?!?!?

Hey,

I got the below email earlier from "forum@dayzmod.com" - is it real?

"DayZGear has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Gear up!".

DayZGear said:

======================================================================

Tired of spending countless hours farming for the items you want? Do you want a competitive advantage over zombies and bandits? Tired of not being able to see at night? Well look no further! DAYZGEAR.com - Coming 7/22/12. A Great service at an affordable cost! It's time to gear up...

======================================================================"

I think this is a TERRIBLE idea if it's actually from the dev team!!

What's the problem? If players want to purchase gear, let them. I would not spend any money on gear, though, considering you might lose it anytime during the alpha, whether it's because of the next patch or a bug.

If I offered you a hug so you wouldn't have to go searching for one, would you pay me moniez?

-MONSTER

• Like 1

If I offered you a hug so you wouldn't have to go searching for one, would you pay me moniez?

-MONSTER

Depends on how much you charge and how much boob is involved.

• Like 5

It's scam, or as the above post said, goldfarmers.

You wouldn't have to scam to sell items in DayZ. Me and my teammates have gathered a huge stash just over the last couple of days. We currently have 34 high tier primaries stashed in vehicles and tents, at least when I counted them yesterday (it's possible we have lost everything by now, of course). By "high tier" I'm referring to weapons that spawn at heli crash sites and the barracks, to make myself clear.

We would've had even more if we hadn't been admin abused, for the record.

Edited by Herr Robert

Anyone can pretend to send an email from that address, I'd say it's either a scam or just some hackers want to make some easy money.

Depends on how much you charge and how much boob is involved.

Plenty on both regards! If you pay double, there's even a slice of apple pie in it for you. Hell, I can combine the two to make it an apple-pie infused hug. How many bills you going to shove down my shirt babe? ;)

-MONSTER

Plenty on both regards! If you pay double, there's even a slice of apple pie in it for you. Hell, I can combine the two to make it an apple-pie infused hug. How many bills you going to shove down my shirt babe? ;)

-MONSTER

Oh, there's Apple pie in it, too? I'll just take that, then.

It's actually a testament to the community that it took so long for such an obvious idea to surface.

Though, yeah, 'dem goldfarmers.

How's it a terrible idea? If you can afford buying items then why not?

Win win situation

Because why should players have better gear because their parents can afford it?

Hey,

I got the below email earlier from "forum@dayzmod.com" - is it real?

"DayZGear has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Gear up!".

DayZGear said:

======================================================================

Tired of spending countless hours farming for the items you want? Do you want a competitive advantage over zombies and bandits? Tired of not being able to see at night? Well look no further! DAYZGEAR.com - Coming 7/22/12. A Great service at an affordable cost! It's time to gear up...

======================================================================"

I think this is a TERRIBLE idea if it's actually from the dev team!!

LOL then the seller shot you in the back and take the items back! xDD

What's the problem? If players want to purchase gear, let them. I would not spend any money on gear, though, considering you might lose it anytime during the alpha, whether it's because of the next patch or a bug.

How's it a terrible idea? If you can afford buying items then why not?

Win win situation

Because it will bring MORE goldfarmers to the game. There will be one on ever server ready to run a script to pop a gun into the game for a small fee. That would have a huge negative impact on the game.

Excuse me sir, how much for invisibility?

Edited by Super67_

Because why should players have better gear because their parents can afford it?

I don't understand the purpose of this? Majority of the Day Z players are 20+, they'd pay for their own things mate

Because they can afford it? LMAO.

You recieved a private message, this user has been banned from the forums. Any e-mail from forum@dayzmod.com is notifications from the forum, so it would appear he sent you a PM.

• Like 1

Why should players have better gear because they have more time to play the game?

Why should players have better gear because they have more time to play the game?

Because playing makes it fair. You can die as you play to get loot, you're taking risks, you're playing the actual game.

It's not fair nor balanced if a person who just started playing DayZ for the first time could fork over $10 and get FN FAL's, NVG's and whatnot.

This is a mod. This isn't Blizzard or a Micro-payment based MMORPG.

Looks like someone wants to pay to win.

I wouldn't call it gold farming as in this stage of the mod it would just be a hacker that logins to spawn you loot.. This is probably the worst DayZ regarded thing I've heard I hope it crashes and burns. Gold farming, or in this case Loot farming, is okay but hacking the loot-for-sale in isn't.

Edited by WoRtEx

Are you even serious? Why should players who invest more time and energy into the game, see some kind of rewarding ingame experiences for their efforts? One that can't be achieved in 3 minutes with a credit card transaction?

For the same reason that people who spend more time revising deserve to do better in exams than classmates of equal ability.

For the same reason that two people applying for a job should be assessed on their individual merits, rather than which one can bribe the interviewer with more money.

For the same reason that you cannot opt to purchase your olympic medal instead of earning it by taking part in an actual fucking race.

In the above three cases, just as it is in DayZ, to be able to circumnavigate the ordinary prerequisites of an achievement or reward by injecting money into a third party robs it of all authenticity, and authenticity is at the core of the DayZ design philosophy.