IroquoisPliskin (DayZ)

I will never be a bandit. Survivor nice-guy stories

I'm not the typical friendly, but I DO NOT KOS. What I do, if I see someone and they don't see me, I try to avoid them. Other times, when I come in close contact, I order the guy to lower his weapon, and give him three seconds. If he doesn't comply, +1 murder.

If I hear bullets snickering and snackering near my position, anyone I see pointing a gun will be another murder.

If I am being directly shot at, I will light that SOB up.

Long story short, rules of engagement.

• Like 1

This might be one of the most ridiculous thing that you have ever heard, and you all may chastise me for it, but here is my story. 2 weeks ago, on my first life, me and my friends went onto a Singapore server, we all spawned separately apart. I had my friend's M16 M203 and I spawned on top of the hospital in Elektro. All of a sudden I heard helicopter blades and I immediately darted to the floor, thinking that I had this gun in my hand and the guys in the helo is going to kill me if they see with it. The chopper then hovered over me, I was thinking "shit, shit, shit". Immediately, shots rang out from all over Elektro. I yelled in direct chat, "Get out of here, leave me here! GO GO GO!!!". What happened next surprised me, as he simply replied "get in!".

Knowing I had little options that would ensure my survival, I got on the chopper, and we flew directly to Komorovo and landed on top of the factory, I got out thinking I would make my escape down. But then I saw several packs of ammo, gun, clothing, the whole 9 yards on the roof. He said to me "feel free to take one!". I first thought this was a joke, and yelled over to my friends on Skype about my predicament. I noticed he had a hero skin on, and I asked "are you friendly?". He was, I asked him further questions on how he got all this stuff (he had 2 M107's on the roof, along with a Bizon, a Mk. 48, an SVD, and several M4's in various types). He did not replied, I then asked "why did you bring me here?". He said that all he wanted was a friend, and he took me there because he saw that Elektro was full of bandits, and I would have died of a result. In short, he saved me. He gave me his chopper and got on, and we both picked up my friend who just arrived in Elektro.

Today, me, him, and my friends roam the Singapore servers in our trusty chopper in search of people who are new, desperate, and hungry along the coast. Giving them weapons, food, supplies, and then shuttling them to where they need to go, before we search off for more survivors (or bandits, we are ambivalent about both groups). And no, we don't shoot people, even the ones that shoot at us first. So Kal, if you're reading this, I wanted to say thank you, thank you bro, you are awesome!

• Like 1

This might be one of the most ridiculous thing that you have ever heard, and you all may chastise me for it, but here is my story. 2 weeks ago, on my first life, me and my friends went onto a Singapore server, we all spawned separately apart. I had my friend's M16 M203 and I spawned on top of the hospital in Elektro. All of a sudden I heard helicopter blades and I immediately darted to the floor, thinking that I had this gun in my hand and the guys in the helo is going to kill me if they see with it. The chopper then hovered over me, I was thinking "shit, shit, shit". Immediately, shots rang out from all over Elektro. I yelled in direct chat, "Get out of here, leave me here! GO GO GO!!!". What happened next surprised me, as he simply replied "get in!".

Knowing I had little options that would ensure my survival, I got on the chopper, and we flew directly to Komorovo and landed on top of the factory, I got out thinking I would make my escape down. But then I saw several packs of ammo, gun, clothing, the whole 9 yards on the roof. He said to me "feel free to take one!". I first thought this was a joke, and yelled over to my friends on Skype about my predicament. I noticed he had a hero skin on, and I asked "are you friendly?". He was, I asked him further questions on how he got all this stuff (he had 2 M107's on the roof, along with a Bizon, a Mk. 48, an SVD, and several M4's in various types). He did not replied, I then asked "why did you bring me here?". He said that all he wanted was a friend, and he took me there because he saw that Elektro was full of bandits, and I would have died of a result. In short, he saved me. He gave me his chopper and got on, and we both picked up my friend who just arrived in Elektro.

Today, me, him, and my friends roam the Singapore servers in our trusty chopper in search of people who are new, desperate, and hungry along the coast. Giving them weapons, food, supplies, and then shuttling them to where they need to go, before we search off for more survivors (or bandits, we are ambivalent about both groups). And no, we don't shoot people, even the ones that shoot at us first. So Kal, if you're reading this, I wanted to say thank you, thank you bro, you are awesome!

Saw this and HAD to share my own 'won the nice guy lottery' story that happened today. My teammate and I had gotten separated while lost in the woods and I ended up near Devil's Castle (our original destination was Stary). Having heard stories of bandits making it their fortress on a regular basis, I crept up slowly on my belly through the forest, stopping to scan the ramparts and towers every 100 yds. Suddenly, I hear on voice, "friendly?" in a thick accent that wasn't my bud's voice.

I've been snuck up on by a guy in a ghillie with a mean looking carbine, I know that at this range we're on even footing with my AKM so I remain calm and sort of strafe around him replying, "yep, friendly, glad you didn't pop me!"

He drops his gun, an M4 w/ grenade launcher, 10 clips of ammo and 4 HE grenades. "Here, take!"

I'm speechless for a second, and a little hesitant to pick them up when he whips out an AS50. He doesn't seem like a bad guy and it makes no sense to try to trap me this way, but this is just one of those 'too good to be true' moments. I manage to stammer over comm, "Gee thanks man, I really dunno what to say."

Then he logs off/Alt-F4s. Learned today it's not always a bad thing to run into a stranger named SLENDERMAN while you're lost in the middle of the forest.

/salute

Edited by Hugo
  • Like 2

Was beanstalking either Stary Sobor or Novy Sobor when I heard several zombies aggro and start running around. Thinking they'd detected me I settled in for a fight but shots began to ring out nearby. I peered out the window of the house I was in and saw a hoarde of zombies staggering into one of those really long barns from all ends. I figured it was a bandit, so I was about to leave the area when I changed my mind and decided to discern whether or not he was indeed a bandit and to ensure the locals got a decent feed if he was. I circled the barn and entered through a door only one zombie was using and threw a flare at the survivor, who spun around and must have mistaken a zombie for me because he ran straight up to it and saluted before it attacked him. I was convinced he was friendly though so I killed it and about ten others before leading him out of town. We were joined by another survivor who heard the gunfire and was even better kitted up than me, who generously gave the first survivor an M16A2 and a couple of magazines and lead us to an old camping tent which had so much assorted ammo and decent weapons in it for us all to fully stock up. I had to leave about then so I don't know how they got on after that, but I do know that one more morally correct survivor was made formidable today and is hopefully holding his own in a world full of bad. Good luck to ya' buddy.

Best moment in game so far (edit: happened about a month ago):

Had just been murdered, forget how, like I care, it's a game, you think I'm mad about a game? lol @ you. anyway, spawned west of elektro. I'm making a run, without a map or supplies, back up to the north where the clan is. I declined a pickup and said I just wanted to run it back north. As I cross the train tracks, I spot a survivor on the hill above me. I run up, he's unarmed, after all, and I have nothing to lose. I engage him on direct chat "hey buddy, how are ya? Surviving OK?" He just looks at me. Nothing. I say again "hey buddy, how's it going?" again nothing. he's standing. The penny drops.

"If you're new and you have a mic, press comma until it says direct chat, then use caps lock to talk."

A couple of seconds later "hi, can you hear me?" he asks

"yep, how you doing, you're new, aren't you?"

"yeah!" he says "this is my first time playing this game, how can you tell?"

So I get onto teamspeak and let the guys know I've found a survivor and I won't be running back to join them, going to go hit prigorodky with this guy and show him the ropes. They tell me I'm an idiot, and he'll kill me as soon as he gets a gun. I decide to chance it.

"well to start with, you're standing up." I show him how to crouch and prone. I show him how to switch between walking and running. I say, lets go get some supplies and weapons, and off we go. On our way, we stumble across a broken ATV, I explain it needs to be fixed, but show him how to get on and off it, how to check the gear. I show him what the peripheral indicators are, how they work, and why they're useful. I show him how to sneak past zombies. We get to the barn, I show him how to pick up items, how to use the pack, and the momnent of truth arrives. There's a winnie on the ground in the barn.

"okay, there's a gun here. You take it, but remember, if you kill me, you're on your own from now on. You have to decide, do you want to make a friend, or do you want to make a kill." We continue to loot, we find more guns, engine parts, spare tires, bigger packs, jerrycans. pretty soon we've got everything we need to fix the ATV, so we go back and I give him instructions as he repairs the quad. I drive, and he rides shotgun. We go on for another hour or so before the boys come back on TS and ask what I'm doing. I tell them I'm hanging out with my new buddy, but I'm over it, to come and pick me up.

I get off the ATV and tell the guy "ok, what just happened, between you and me, is pretty rare in this game. Most people you meet will try to kill you on sight. But some people will help you. It's up to you to decide if you're going to trust people, or if you're going to fear them. It's up to you if you're going to be a man to be trusted, or if you're just going to kill. But remember, the first person you ever met in this game helped you." He thanked me, I wished him luck, I got off the quad and said he could have it, we had more vehicles than we needed anyway. The chopper arrived, I took out an M4A1 CCO SD and 4 mags and gave them to him as a parting gift and I was out of there.

Like I said, best experience in Day Z so far. I helped someone and they were grateful. I made someone else's gaming experience richer and more fun. And It was great. try it yourself some time if you don't believe me.

Edited by datguy
  • Like 4

Where has this thread been? We should all be posting up the friendlies we meet, show folks it's not ALL bandits and KoS out there.

I was playing on CA 1 - met up with two confirmed friendlies.

Friendly #1: I had spawned in somewhere on the East Coast. I'm not sure where, I was fiddling with my headset trying to get it to sync up and missed the location. I was heading north along the coastline, because that's what I do. I heard a motor sounding in the distance, and crouched down, looking out at the road for any sign of movement. I saw nothing, and turned to go on my way, when I noticed a blip moving towards me in the sea. As it got closer I could a single survivor in a small raft. I got in, and we travelled back along the coast to a relatively zombie free area. His name, although we never properly introduced ourselves, was Cooper. He asked me if I wanted to sneak up and check for supplies and gas. I responding by jumping out of the boat and tearing ass through the small town, luring the zombies to the docks, then rushing back to check supplies. I inevitably got cornered, having forgotten that I didn't have an axe yet, and died. I respawned in Balota and began making my way eastward. I called out to Cooper on side channel that I had died, but he must have missed it and almost died waiting for my safe return to the boat. Thanks for my first boat ride, Cooper. Hope we meet again.

Friendly #2: On my way to meet Cooper I found a bus. I had gas with me, but no wheel to fix it. I announced the bus and location on side channel, and Sam showed up to repair it. We took a Leeroy run through Elektro, miraculously drawing fire only once, and headed north to a factory for further repairs. Unfortunately, I, and then Sam were murdered by someone already at the factory. We'll get another bus Sam, don't worry about it.

Report more friendlies! There are a lot of us out there.

I rarely EVER meet someone who doesnt want to just kill me. I thought this game was great, but to put sniper rifles in it and let supreme geeks spending every minute of their life in the game dedicating themselves to shooting every person has ruined it for me. I can't count how many hours ive wasted scavenging and building up my character just for it all to be over in an instant by some coward who sits in the bushes for hours on end just waiting to ruin someones day. Way to play the game. I only spend a couple of hours here or there playing this because I have a job, a wife, hobbies and a social life, so because of the setup of this game where you need to dedicate yourself to it or have a pack or people with you has just put me completely off it.

I purely made an account today to say this and that because of these people and this approach, I & so many others will not purchase the complete game or even play the mod again.

It's a waste of your REAL life. But hey, to those still living with mummy, are too afraid of real human interaction and have no life skills. go for gold - you know who you are.

Edited by kaiser-axis

It's a waste of your REAL life. But hey, to those still living with mummy, are too afraid of real human interaction and have no life skills. go for gold - you know who you are.

Butt hurt much. Trust me i have a job (probably work more than you) a home and a girlfriend and still find time to play. Now had you have blamed your grieving on script kiddies maybe i wouldn't be writing this but guess what. Losing your gear to some "ass" in the bushes with a sniper is a legitimate way to go. I've been killed by hackers/scripters no lie 100's of times since may and i will still play the mod and will still play the standalone. Honestly if you didn't realize that your gear is expendable you don't understand this game at all so stop crying and move on. We really don,t need grown men who make a forum account to tell everyone who doesn't give a crap about you that you're stomping your feet and leaving, good riddance i say BYE.

P.S. I'm a hero with over 60 kills of those kids in the bushes.

P.P.S. you suck all games are a "waste of your real life" grow up and enjoy it.

HAHA kaiser-axis sent me a PM asking where i live so he could kick my teeth in, umad nazi?

Edited by Eatfish1

Always will follow the path of the hero :)

I heard shooting in cherno (surprised?) and followed the sounds and bumped into another hero skin in cherno firestation, 2 dead bandit skins there, one at each entrance (guess they tried to kill him and failed)

Yet he was unconcious and bleeding, he had an Ak kobra, one bandit had an enfield and the other a double barrel shotgun.

He wakes up and zeds pile in and I bandage him while he shoots, then he passes out again and I take over with my M4.

He has broken legs and doesnt speak much english but he sayes he is on 1500 blood.

I tell him to stay put and I run to the hospital, taking a few bursts of fire along the way but Im not stopping in case someone stumbles across my fellow hero skin.

I get all I need and head back and hear AK kobra shots like mad, fearing the worst I run back into the firestation to see he has gone, I check the tower and shots from an enfield hit the tower but miss me.

I hear screaming and the shots have stopped.

I follow the sounds to the supermarket and see Hero guy unconcious again on the floor and a couple of zeds beating him. Quickly dispatch them and transfuse him and morphine him.

He thanks me, just in time for me to lose connection and when I return he isnt there :(

• Like 1

I've had a couple moments that weren't too interesting, but I figure I should share anyway. The first time I ran into a friendly happened just north of the farm south of Novy Sobor and immediately after I had spent the better part of 10 minutes running away from a sniper who had started taking shots at me as I crawled out of Elektro. I'm proud to say that he took six shots at me and missed every one, but it did leave me very shaken and rather jumpy. Anyway, I had passed up the farm without realizing it and doubled back to see if there were any 1866 rounds I could pick up. As I was running along, I hear what sounds like another set of footsteps behind me. I immediately begin to panic and try looking around for whatever was making the noise, only to find a guy with a .50 sniper running after me. Seeing as how he hadn't shot me yet, I reigned in my fear and decided to stop to see what he wanted. After I had crouched, he ran up and, I believe, started looking through my backpack. I think I kind of ruined whatever he had planned though because I ducked behind him and tossed a can of food into his backpack. I wished him a good day and then proceeded to the farm. As far as I know, he didn't follow me. I kind of wish I had stayed, but I was new (still am) and wasn't exactly sure what to do in such a situation.

My second took place in Elektro in a different life. I had just ducked into the store after clearing out the house directly south of it. I quickly glanced around at the gear sitting around in the front of the store before I started making my way to the back to close those doors. I had just made it past the counter when someone with an AK ran in through one of the back doors with a zombie tailing him. He backed himself into the northwest corner of the building and turned around to shoot the zombie. Without really thinking of what I was doing, I tried to shoot the zombie but missed. He reacted by immediately pumping around 6 rounds of AK ammo either into the zombie or at me. I couldn't tell because I had ducked behind a wall after firing my missed shot. Panicking, I ran out the door and headed up the hill to the north of the town. After I had lost the zombies following me and had calmed down some, I started crawling back towards the store to apologize for possibly scaring him. I made it to the wooden fence and started using direct chat. There wasn't a response, but I didn't get to wait very long because a zombie spotted me and hit me before I could react. Bleeding and not wanting to take a chance with the store again, I started up the same hill I had just come down, managing to catch almost every zombie in the area. At this point I figured I was more or less dead because I was losing blood pretty quickly, and I didn't have enough ammo to take out all of the zombies. Seconds before I made it to a line of small trees and bushes, a shot rings out directly ahead of me. I'm not sure if it was aimed at me or the zombies behind me, but it sure as crap made me panic even more. Nevertheless, I continued on my path towards the bushes in hopes that they were shooting at the zombies. I made it to the treeline and a second shot rings out, taking the zombie aggro off of me. Deciding to use the time I have, I duck behind a tree and bandage myself, offering a quick thanks to the person before running off. I probably should have stayed to see if they needed help or if they were actually helping me, but I was still very much in panic mode. If you were the one that saved me, thank you!

Not really a survivor story, but just a story to show some people are dicks.

So I play on low pop servers just to counter hackers because I like to actually keep my gear, so I'm in a UAZ and driving to NW Airfield to pick up a friend, as I'm driving there i turn a corner, and to complete surprise and I guess just unluckiness the 3 other people on the server (only us 3 and them) speed around the corner with a bus, smash into our UAZ and seriously injure me.

So I'm speaking with my other friend on teamspeak, and he told me they left which is great because for anyone who has been up north, it is a major pain in the ass getting up there, especially on foot.

Anyway as my friend is attempting to save my bleeding body I bleed out as zombies swarm us, he goes and deals with those but as he is the idiots on the bus come back for us, even though they already killed me and have enough gear beyond imagine (I've been to their camp before, pretty much enough gear to suit up 20+ people with the best possible items), they come back to kill me friend, by the time they got back the other guy from NW Airfield was up here to help at Mogilevka, so they come back, and one of then shoots my friend as he is calling out 'friendly friendlyyyy', my other friend goes and hides and wades it out for about 10-20 minutes, eventually he gets the shot on them, and because they obviously aren't looking for friends he shoots two of them and kills, and instantly the third one high tails it out in his bus. probably set us back an hour or two, but it just goes to show some people in this game are so gear hungry, personally I love fresh spawning and looting electro, makes picking up an AKM feel like a L85 AWS.

My first time playing was on a server with side channel so everyone was chatting. A bandit shot a survivor in the legs outside of the church (in Cherno I believe). I called out to the injured guy on direct, offering morphine, but the shooter was close enough to hear and kill me. I respawned nearby and ran across Marcus, who taught me how to give a blood transfusion and told me where I could find a silenced MP5. I got hooked on DayZ because of the experience. Thanks Marcus!

Best moment in game so far (edit: happened about a month ago):

Had just been murdered, forget how, like I care, it's a game, you think I'm mad about a game? lol @ you. anyway, spawned west of elektro. I'm making a run, without a map or supplies, back up to the north where the clan is. I declined a pickup and said I just wanted to run it back north. As I cross the train tracks, I spot a survivor on the hill above me. I run up, he's unarmed, after all, and I have nothing to lose. I engage him on direct chat "hey buddy, how are ya? Surviving OK?" He just looks at me. Nothing. I say again "hey buddy, how's it going?" again nothing. he's standing. The penny drops.

"If you're new and you have a mic, press comma until it says direct chat, then use caps lock to talk."

A couple of seconds later "hi, can you hear me?" he asks

"yep, how you doing, you're new, aren't you?"

"yeah!" he says "this is my first time playing this game, how can you tell?"

So I get onto teamspeak and let the guys know I've found a survivor and I won't be running back to join them, going to go hit prigorodky with this guy and show him the ropes. They tell me I'm an idiot, and he'll kill me as soon as he gets a gun. I decide to chance it.

"well to start with, you're standing up." I show him how to crouch and prone. I show him how to switch between walking and running. I say, lets go get some supplies and weapons, and off we go. On our way, we stumble across a broken ATV, I explain it needs to be fixed, but show him how to get on and off it, how to check the gear. I show him what the peripheral indicators are, how they work, and why they're useful. I show him how to sneak past zombies. We get to the barn, I show him how to pick up items, how to use the pack, and the momnent of truth arrives. There's a winnie on the ground in the barn.

"okay, there's a gun here. You take it, but remember, if you kill me, you're on your own from now on. You have to decide, do you want to make a friend, or do you want to make a kill." We continue to loot, we find more guns, engine parts, spare tires, bigger packs, jerrycans. pretty soon we've got everything we need to fix the ATV, so we go back and I give him instructions as he repairs the quad. I drive, and he rides shotgun. We go on for another hour or so before the boys come back on TS and ask what I'm doing. I tell them I'm hanging out with my new buddy, but I'm over it, to come and pick me up.

I get off the ATV and tell the guy "ok, what just happened, between you and me, is pretty rare in this game. Most people you meet will try to kill you on sight. But some people will help you. It's up to you to decide if you're going to trust people, or if you're going to fear them. It's up to you if you're going to be a man to be trusted, or if you're just going to kill. But remember, the first person you ever met in this game helped you." He thanked me, I wished him luck, I got off the quad and said he could have it, we had more vehicles than we needed anyway. The chopper arrived, I took out an M4A1 CCO SD and 4 mags and gave them to him as a parting gift and I was out of there.

Like I said, best experience in Day Z so far. I helped someone and they were grateful. I made someone else's gaming experience richer and more fun. And It was great. try it yourself some time if you don't believe me.

You sir, are a legend.

*Salutes*

That's exactly what I want to be, friendly all the way.

I have some fun tales to tell about me and my friends adventures across Day Z (I'm very new, I don't think I've even played a day worth of hours in the game) which I will share later when I am not at work, but so far I love this mod to bits and I have enjoyed the stories on this thread.

Keep at it folks, like the legend said, it makes the experience all the more fun and enriching.

Everyone I've met other than my 2 friends has tried to kill me/us. With one exception of some guy I found about a kilometer from pusta with a broken leg who was bleeding, I gave him my only bandaid and told him to keep low ;).

Otherwise I think my ingame face has been replaced with a target. Just last night I had gone into the church in Cherno, after finding an axe for my friend (who had just spawned his first life in DayZ and was running to cherno from komarovo) some random guy came running in. He didn't seem to care that I was there as I had a hatchet (wasn't getting in his personal space) and he had a gun. So after chilling inside with random guy for 20 seconds or so, I start to leave the church. Well at that point he decided to shoot me, knocking me unconscious, he and his friend then proceeded to pick me up and throw me off the dock into the water. I bled out not long after while flopping around in the shallow water.

They threw you off the dock? That is soo funny!

My first post!

pretty lame story, no one I know plays so gotta tell some one and made me laugh.

Been playing on and off for about a month now, still a total newbie but had manage to survive 20 days on one of my first characters without seeing any other players, just by sticking mainly to wilderness and playing the patience scouty game when visiting the cities. Had managed to pick up a M1014 and all wilderness survival stuff (water btl, map, binoculars, alice pack etc) and was feeling pretty good with myself.

Was playing a couple days ago and no one was on the server so figured it was time to live on the dangerous side and try to get some more military grade gear by heading up to the NW airstrip (see where this is going). After scouting round with binoculars for quite a while thought bugger it if i get shot and headed through, to my surprise didnt get sniped straight away. Had an awesome time repeatedly looting the fire station, hangers and ATC tower, spraying off akm, M4A1 and mp5 off into zombies for a good 20 min (such a noob).

Went for one last check of ATC as I had let loose the last of my rounds on the MP5 and only had a pistol remaining, Hadnt thought of bandits for a while so ran full on doe eyed straight upstairs into the the glass room, think I had about two seconds of looking round before full automatic fire came showering through the windows. Tell you I've never come so close to crapping my self. like I say I had never seen another player before and had pretty much forgotten it was a multiplayer game, glass shattering and the cracking of incoming rounds made me jump so much. Somehow I had survived what must have been his entire first inaccurate mag as I dived for the stair well.

Badaged myself up and quickly came to the realisation of how screwed I was, thinking I heard footsteps in the corridor below I chucked down some fag grenades I had gathered but to no avail. I sat for about 5 min waiting for this guy to come and finish me off, and as the server had nameplates he was calling "wenety... weeeenety...". After a while I noted out of one of the windows I could see the fire station tower, I had been watching enough youtube video's to know its a popular bandit viewpoint, and low and behold i could see the guy still scouring the area for me.... my one chance! Taking careful aim for my last stand I fired! Think I got off a second round before I got a faceful of lead.

My first expecience with any player, but didnt put me off the game at all, knew it was a risky newbie thing to do going anywhere near the airfield, and it was the most fun I've ever had dying in a video game!

Haven't met a friendly surviver yet but I will help people if I'm ever in the position to do so, especially when it comes to bandits, just need to practice my aim...

• Like 1

I remember the other day I was laying on the coast next to the supermarket in Cherno waiting for my friend to arrive. He said he was running down the coast, however a lone survivor named "Josh" came running instead along with multiple zombies. I thought about killing him with my m240, and my friend encouraged me as well, but instead I sprayed all the zombies chasing him and proceeded to defend him from zombies for a little while until we departed.

It was a good time.

About my fourth time playing Lingor I found a crashed chopper near Calamor with an M107. I took it and sat up on top of the hill with the radio tower on top and started scanning for the bandits that had been killing everyone. About 2 minutes later I see a survivor sprinting across the airfield with about 10 zombies on him, spewing blood everywhere. He runs through one of the barracks with low value loot in them and losses all but one zombie. He doesn't notice and stops to bandage himself. I take aim and fire, BOOM headshot on the zombie. It was at such an angle so that survivor was facing the zombie and then saw what looked like the zombie's head explode. After that he bolted out of there. 5 minutes later I was killed by a guy with an FN FAL when I looked to my left, last thing I saw was him in a hero skin leading 2-3 newly spawned survivors. C'mon was helping people and got capped by a fellow hero :(.

Edited by tjG3ftw436

I don't usually interact with other players; however, during a quick trip to Elektrozavodsk that quickly changed.

This was my second time going into Elektro, coming in from the power plant. I was looking around there for any random junk, and decided to climb up the tower in the factory. Heard lots of shots and saw a player run in being chased by a horde. I crouched and made my way down the stairs and saw him shooting Zack as they made their way up, he'd already killed a good handful. Shouted to him over voice chat, "I'm friendly, don't shoot, I'll help kill this horde off", he turned and said "OK" - I was expecting to be shot as soon as he saw me.

3 minutes later and more than half of my ammunition we finish off the horde. After an awkward blood transfusion (first time performing one) he's ready to go and asks if I'm heading anywhere in particular, or if I'd like to travel with him. I tell him I'm good and make my way back into the forest. It's quieter there.

In the end, it's us against them. I just hope when I've got a horde chasing me down that whoever I run into thinks the same way.

I've only been playing for 2 days but I've come across good and bad people.

On my first day I was running from like 30 zombies down a railroad not really knowing wtf I was doing haha.

But some nice guy, who I never got to see, starting shooting all the zombies chasing me. And when I turned around they were all gone but he was no where in sight. Such a nice guy. <3

On the other hand, some douchebags surrounded me in the grocery store today. I was looking at a can of beans or something when all of a sudden shots starting busting the glass windows. Some guy starts crawling into the front so I try to go out the back but there's another guy. They surround me and kill me. :(

Do you know what weapon was shooting the zombies? It may have been me if it was a DMR or an L85, thats my current loadout, 19 days (techically, 15 then accidently pressed respawn) plus 4 more.

I always patrol the towns and forests, those running from zombies who have just spawned usually get the special treatment as I know they cant turn around and shoot me.

My tactics usually involve: Spot player in trouble, sniper zeds or bandit, hide......they will never know who saved them or where I am, I like it that way.......because if you cant see where I am..........im then everywhere :)

• Like 1