jonnerz

40% OFF SALE | Premium DayZ Server Hosting | Host Altitude (Ltd)

Also, why not add a "Out of stock" sign for when you have no available servers so we don't purchase thinking we will be receiving the server soon after. Other than that I can wait until monday. Can't wait to play on my very own server.

Add one more to the list of people that are not happy with Host Altitude and there lack of support. Just afew mins after they posted on twitter that they had DayZ LA servers in stock and that it was less then 12 hours setup time we ordered one. Now over 48 hours later we are still waiting for them to get the server setup.

I imagine since there twitter now lists as out of stock (a day after we placed the order) that they are out of stock on the servers.

Should have went with my gut instinct on these guys but the price seemed right at the time. These guys need to be removed from whitelist DayZ server hosting. There company (or lack there of) is in no way setup to be a DayZ hosting provider.

Needless to say for a little more money we now have a better dedicated machine to host our DayZ server.

I ordered a server about 2 weeks ago and ~only~ had to wait 4 days for it to be available which didn't bug me. What bugged me was getting the "Server is out of date" or what ever it is error and putting in a ticket only to have it go unanswered for 3 days straight. So I said screw it and requested a cancel. I pay good money for something I should get something in return. The lame excuses of being under-staffed or a small company don't cut it! If you cannot meet the demands don't put "instant setup". Simple idea!

For what it's worth I went and bought a server from defconservers and was shocked to get the server details less then 1 1/2 hours later. WTF? I thought it was a mistake or at best the server wouldn't work. There's got to be a catch somewhere! But sure as shit I pulled up six-launcher and started playing! WooHoo!

So say what you will about defcon when i wanted a server they produced one and I'm playing instead of listening to excuses! :)

Peace!

Day 3 after paying I still haven't gotten my password to the VPS.

Waiting to see how they think they can make up for this 'wonderful service'

well fuck missed the vps restock.

brilliant that you cant reserve have been checking the site per a day for the last 2 weeks -_- fuck me right ?

Well have fun i am out.

In defense of Host Altitude, I've had my share of issues with our server with them, but when it *is* working, it works well. We hardly have any lag and I very rarely see a red chain unless the server is recovering from a reboot. Outside of the extremely slow ticket response times and the two times our server was down for the better part of a day, the service has been more than acceptable while it's up.

That being said I won't be renewing my contract with them at the end of the month. I agree with Deadmau5, you guys are definitely overselling if you can't keep up with the support demand of existing servers. If your company can't keep up with demand by being short staffed 1 person, you are in over your head. A 4 hour response time is acceptable (still fairly slow considering other hosts I've been with) but as you said, that's an average. I've had plenty of response times at 8-12 hours. Which can be very frustrating considering most tickets require several responses in order to get the necessary information from your provider. If it's something like your server not being whitelisted, you could be going back and forth for days just to get a few responses.

Taper off the amount of service you're offering. If you indeed value quality of service, provide quality of quantity until you can truly support a larger datacenter. I think it's commendable that you're offering refunds to dissatisfied customers. I don't plan on taking you up on the offer as I think that even with the slow response times and down times we got the majority of our money out of our server, it's just frustrating we are yet again on the search for a reputable and reliable DayZ server host. I'm starting to think it doesn't exist outside of purchasing an unmanaged server from someone like Gameservers or NFO.

Add one more to the list of people that are not happy with Host Altitude and there lack of support. Just afew mins after they posted on twitter that they had DayZ LA servers in stock and that it was less then 12 hours setup time we ordered one. Now over 48 hours later we are still waiting for them to get the server setup.

I imagine since there twitter now lists as out of stock (a day after we placed the order) that they are out of stock on the servers.

Should have went with my gut instinct on these guys but the price seemed right at the time. These guys need to be removed from whitelist DayZ server hosting. There company (or lack there of) is in no way setup to be a DayZ hosting provider.

Needless to say for a little more money we now have a better dedicated machine to host our DayZ server.

We had a few issues with our new NY (I assume you mean NY rather than LA) stock as it took longer than usual to get them whitelisted. When we made that tweet we were under the impression they were already whitelisted by the DayZ team but this was not the case. If you ordered when the ETA for NY was before what it says now, your server will be up tomorrow. You will be compensated for every day you missed.

Also, why not add a "Out of stock" sign for when you have no available servers so we don't purchase thinking we will be receiving the server soon after. Other than that I can wait until monday. Can't wait to play on my very own server.

We normally add an ETA to the order page for each location. If you ordered when there was no ETA then we were aiming for a same day setup for you. Due to unforseen staff shortages and an issue with white listing, this ETA was delayed. As stated in earlier replies, our service will be back to normal tomorrow.

well fuck missed the vps restock.

brilliant that you cant reserve have been checking the site per a day for the last 2 weeks -_- fuck me right ?

Well have fun i am out.

There was no VPS restock, that customer already had a VPS from a while ago.

In defense of Host Altitude, I've had my share of issues with our server with them, but when it *is* working, it works well. We hardly have any lag and I very rarely see a red chain unless the server is recovering from a reboot. Outside of the extremely slow ticket response times and the two times our server was down for the better part of a day, the service has been more than acceptable while it's up.

That being said I won't be renewing my contract with them at the end of the month. I agree with Deadmau5, you guys are definitely overselling if you can't keep up with the support demand of existing servers. If your company can't keep up with demand by being short staffed 1 person, you are in over your head. A 4 hour response time is acceptable (still fairly slow considering other hosts I've been with) but as you said, that's an average. I've had plenty of response times at 8-12 hours. Which can be very frustrating considering most tickets require several responses in order to get the necessary information from your provider. If it's something like your server not being whitelisted, you could be going back and forth for days just to get a few responses.

Taper off the amount of service you're offering. If you indeed value quality of service, provide quality of quantity until you can truly support a larger datacenter. I think it's commendable that you're offering refunds to dissatisfied customers. I don't plan on taking you up on the offer as I think that even with the slow response times and down times we got the majority of our money out of our server, it's just frustrating we are yet again on the search for a reputable and reliable DayZ server host. I'm starting to think it doesn't exist outside of purchasing an unmanaged server from someone like Gameservers or NFO.

Like I said, we have been understaffed on three occasions now and things will be back to normal as of tomorrow morning. Staff have no more planned vacations/holidays and we are taking on a new staff member later this week. We hope to get response times down to a maximum of 4 hours (rather than our current target of 4 hour average). I can assure things will only get better with us and you will regret leaving us after we have resumed the service we provided prior to our DayZ hosting boom.

Edited by Jonnerz

I can honestly say other then the customer support issues I had I love this company, unless more issues come up later :D

Just noticed that on my pending Dallas server I ordered on Saturday, it says:

Dallas, TX (8th August)

Does this mean I have to wait until the 8th before I get my server? Pardon me for my impatience. :)

Edited by shadow293

I ordered a server on Monday and still waiting for a response from this company. They haven't answered my support ticket either. I'm thinking about giving paypal a call and getting my money back. If you can't get new orders running within 24 hours then you need to stop advertising...

Just noticed that on my pending Dallas server I ordered on Saturday, it says:

Dallas, TX (8th August)

Does this mean I have to wait until the 8th before I get my server? Pardon me for my impatience. :)

Unfortunately we have a small delay with our Dallas location, it will be online tomorrow.

I ordered a server on Monday and still waiting for a response from this company. They haven't answered my support ticket either. I'm thinking about giving paypal a call and getting my money back. If you can't get new orders running within 24 hours then you need to stop advertising...

Your ticket will be responded to very soon if it hasn't already. If you are not happy then you only need to ask us for a refund, calling PayPal is unnecessary and will take much longer.

Hello,

Can you be more specific with the following please. Most VPS plans do not give you the full 4 cores/8 threads as part of your VPS package for that price. AFAIK the vps option is shared with other vps option users on the same machine, so can you tell us exactly how many cores/threads each person will be allocated or is it shared from whatever processes are running on the machine at the time?

• Unmanaged VPS
  • 3GB Dedicated RAM
  • 4 x 3.6GHz CPU
  • 100GB HDD Space
  • 1Gbps with 10TB Bandwidth
  • Windows Server 2008 Std

£32.15/month

ETA: 1-2 Business DaysOrder

Hi Jonnerz,

We ordered a "Standard" DayZ hosting yesterday evening. Now the status is Pending. Any idea how long it will take?

Can you please check my ticket #186278. My server is kicking everyone on it for battleye client not responding every 20-25 minutes please help.

Can you please check my ticket #186278. My server is kicking everyone on it for battleye client not responding every 20-25 minutes please help.

And it's been doing this 3 days, tomorrow will be the 4th. Totally unplayable.

will VPS servers be available again anytime soon? I've been checking now for 3 weeks+

Current backlog of orders is almost cleared, this was caused by the staff shortage last week. Once this backlog is cleared there will be instant server setups.

Support responses have been slower than we aimed for the start of this week, we are working on this however and hope to have support back to normal (4 hour response) within the next few days.

Can you please update me on this it is still kicking as of 5pm est. IT IS HAPPENING FOR FIVE DAYS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you please update me on this it is still kicking as of 5pm est. IT IS HAPPENING FOR FIVE DAYS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also check ticket #988528 and#547504 This is getting ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

update update update! Give us the new DayZ + Hive files!

Not only that, but check your tickets. I have received my new server, and i was happy with it. Till i tried to update something through your control panel. And now, its broken. Error, and there is nothing i can do but wait.

Been waiting a week since purchase and my server still does not work properly. My patience is wearing thin. <_<

Ticket #753404

• Like 1