jonnerz

40% OFF SALE | Premium DayZ Server Hosting | Host Altitude (Ltd)

just got a vps yesterday and have had nothing but problems with it since i got it they diddnt give me the right update site and i cant update it. hell i couldent even play on it when i was current it would just let me sit in the black waiting for host screen. im new to servers maybe im doing it wrong but ive had little support. 50 dollar a month headache

I was wondering if I were to purchase the vps option' date=' would I have access to the system clock to offset the time? Thinking about switching server hosts, but would like to be able to offset time.

[/quote']

Yes you can offset the time of the VPS.

just got a vps yesterday and have had nothing but problems with it since i got it they diddnt give me the right update site and i cant update it. hell i couldent even play on it when i was current it would just let me sit in the black waiting for host screen. im new to servers maybe im doing it wrong but ive had little support. 50 dollar a month headache

I'm really sorry to hear you are having problems with your VPS. We hadn't updated the welcome email to reflect the new download URL so I apologise for that.

If you create a ticket we'll get it all working for you, it sounds like a file is still out-dated.

Hi there,

I ordered a new VPS server on Tuesday. I know there is a delay in getting a new instance id from the DayZ staff, but can I get an estimated time on when my server will be ready?

Thanks,

Gregg Hoffman

Hi there' date='

I ordered a new VPS server on Tuesday. I know there is a delay in getting a new instance id from the DayZ staff, but can I get an estimated time on when my server will be ready?

Thanks,

Gregg Hoffman

[/quote']

I would open a ticket on there website. They have support staff that gets back to you quicker then on the forums here. Go to there site here https://billing.hostaltitude.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1

I opened a ticket and hope to hear back from them soon. Do you happen to know what time zone HostAltitude operates out of? I am wondering because I know that they have a big presence in Europe as well as the United States.

Currently the only two staff (one of them being me) working on DayZ are in the UK. We normally work on dayz servers and support from about 3pm to 1am GMT+1. So that in a way caters for the US and EU.

We will be launching a new managed/non-VPS option in a few days which our US staff will be trained to help with. There will be almost 24/7 support with this option.

Support from here has been great, I've struggled to keep my server running smoothly and up-to-date. Thanks HostAltitude.

Do you have any EU servers for sale? As your site says that you have servers in Germany, except you can specify EU as a location, only TX.

It appears tht I'm just waiting for the server to get added to the white list by the DayZ staff. Thanks for all the help so far.

I am also renting a server from them, but its been almost 5 days now. My server has been up for almost 2 but nobody can join because its not updated properly I think. I have no idea what is wrong.

I have the same issues. I believe it's because the DayZ staff haven't added our server IP Addresses to the white list.

All servers are now whitelisted, please contact us as soon as possible if you are still having problems.

Timezones can be offset with our VPS option.

Germany and New York will be in stock on Monday.

Any idea when NY4 will be back up?

We're just re-organising our public servers, they will be back up soon.

Looking for some answers to some questions our clan has about the terms you're using so we're on the same page.

1. What does "Managed Server" actually entail?

2. What would the main difference between Managed Server option with 50 slots and your Unmanaged VPS option.

3. On your thread here, you have:

E3-1230 (8x 3.6GHz)

3GB Dedicated RAM

100GB Hard Drive Space

100Mbps Connection

Unmetered Bandwidth

Windows Server 2008 Standard

But on your website at www.dayzhosting.com the same option lists:

Unmanaged VPS

3GB Dedicated RAM

4 x 3.6GHz CPU

100GB HDD Space

1Gbps with 10TB Bandwidth

Windows Server 2008 Std

The main difference being CPU and the Connection. Would like to know which is correct.

4. Really which of the two offers the best choice for a fairly active small clan with a very computer savvy playerbase and ability for that clan to be active admins for round the clock availability?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Host Altitude Support got back to me super fast through email.

Their reply.

1) Managed server means we update and "maintain" the server for you.

2) You get much more control with the VPS option. We give you remote desktop access to a windows VPS server and you can install what you want on it. We will install DayZ for you and that's about it.

3) If you have a tech savvy group then the VPS option is probably best. The specs listed on our website are more accurate, the CPU is technically the same but we have not justified it correctly. (The CPU has 4 cores but with hyper threading it technically has 8 cores).

-----------

Jonathan L.

Support Team

Thx for the quick response.

Thanks for posting those frequently asked questions.

----------------

Just to clear things up, you can't change the timezone on our Standard/Slot-based servers.

If your going to get a server... Jonnerz and his staff are the best choice. They are fast for support and will go the extra mile to help you out. "I know for the fact that I had had over 10 tickets open in my first month with them. All from ME being an Idiot on my VPS." But I have learned and don't bother them as much. :P

There servers run great and are NOT over loaded! Cant beat it for the price!

Hi guys

I'm looking into buying a server from you guys and was just wondering how long it takes till people can officially play on it normally.

Hi guys

I'm looking into buying a server from you guys and was just wondering how long it takes till people can officially play on it normally.

This really depends on when you order and how many orders we have had that day. At the moment, the setup time is about 24 hours. This includes whitelisting from the DayZ Dev Team. It can be as short as 1 hour but it really depends on stock.

Sweet! thanks for the answer mate.

I see the VPS option is out of stock right now. Will it be possible for me to upgrade from standard?

But I will definitely go with you guys, might order one this weekend.