Sign in to follow this  
Hoogley

Rocket says they're "infected" not "zombies" - end of argument

And you just proved you're a trekkie.

Yeah, man. Big fan. In fact, that's why I got DayZ. People said that you could teleport and use replicators. I thought it was a Star Trek simulator.

(From the wiikipedia post on World War Z)

Dayz is based on World War Z in which uses the laws of The Zombie Survival Guide which says that Zombies are human bodies reanimated by an incurable virus. devoid of intelligence, desirous solely of consuming living flesh, and cannot be killed unless the brain is destroyed. Decomposition will eventually set in, but this process takes longer than for an uninfected body and can be slowed by effects such as freezing. Although zombies do not tire and are as strong as the humans they infect, they are slow-moving and incapable of planning or cooperation in their attacks. Zombies usually reveal their presence by moaning

Note the slow moving description and the reanimated comment. Zombies are the "undead" so technically speaking they are not dead however they are not alive either in the sentient "I think therefore I am" sort of way.

Slow moving zombies become a threat when they become like ambient noise and people take them for granted. Nothing is scarier than when you try to be stealthy only to realize that a swarm of zombies have noticed you when you never noticed them.

The current dayz zombies should be beatable with a melee weapon easily one on one but near impossible when you get swarmed. The ability to run from them should be possible. If your out of their line of sight they should stop chasing because they have a one track mindset Using that to make them follow you to an enemy and then hide would be a great mechanic especially when bases are introduced or surrounding your base with zombies would make anyone sneaking around the base impossible.

Holy Necro!

Talk about raising the dead, this threads over 2 years old!

• Like 1

Holy Necro!

Talk about raising the dead, this threads over 2 years old!

Indeed, the denizens of Chernarus may only be infected, buth this topic is truly risen from the grave!